Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

I’ve just had an epiphany. Those of us who ordered M3 SR+’s will not be assigned VINs. This is because the version of the SR+ Tesla is supplying the UK are technically different to the ones we ordered online. For example, the range of the new LFP batteries is slightly less than the NCA battery range displayed on their website.

Thus, they cannot assign a “different” vehicle to the one we ordered (due to this technicality). So we’ll most likely receive a text closer to the time asking us if we’d like to opt for the LFP version of the SR+.

Can someone correct me if I’m wrong please, thank you 😁
Nope, should still be assigned a VIN. The LFP batteries aren't new this quarter and people in Q3 will have have SR+ VINs assigned to them

Good morning all,

This thread made me sad, ordered M3LR 02/10 changed from silver to blue 11/10(confirmed via email from Tesla same day), not sure if this changes anything, I emailed the SA to say thanks and he emailed back saying it’s now looking like mid December for delivery’s :(

Does anyone know if they have to revalue your trade in as it’s concerning that it’s going to be more than 60 days but they wouldn’t even my valuation ends 04/12 probably before the delivery date.

Good morning all,

This thread made me sad, ordered M3LR 02/10 changed from silver to blue 11/10(confirmed via email from Tesla same day), not sure if this changes anything, I emailed the SA to say thanks and he emailed back saying it’s now looking like mid December for delivery’s :(

Does anyone know if they have to revalue your trade in as it’s concerning that it’s going to be more than 60 days but they wouldn’t even my valuation ends 04/12 probably before the delivery date.
Worth trying places like motorway.co.uk and webuyancar etc as you may source a better deal in the current climate.

Anecdotally, Tesla seem to lowball on the part / ex according to posts here and elsewhere.

Just joined the forum and this seems like a great thread.
Ordered a M3LR, Black with white interior and 18" wheels. Gone through ALD as a leased company car which they sat on for 2 weeks so didn't get confirmation of the order until 12/10. it did say est. Nov delivery but ALD portal saying end of December.

Just joined the forum and this seems like a great thread.
Ordered a M3LR, Black with white interior and 18" wheels. Gone through ALD as a leased company car which they sat on for 2 weeks so didn't get confirmation of the order until 12/10. it did say est. Nov delivery but ALD portal saying end of December.
Tesla's custom order page also started shown Est. Delivery December a couple of days ago for the SR+ and LR models.

Reactions: jhnbssll
Worth trying places like motorway.co.uk and webuyancar etc as you may source a better deal in the current climate.

Anecdotally, Tesla seem to lowball on the part / ex according to posts here and elsewhere.
Offered more than Arnold Clark(1k) but 1500 less than we buy any car, felt the 60 day validation was worth it in the long run . Also the offer is more than what I paid for it 🤫

I will check motorway closer to the time, not sure if I can just remove the car and pay it all in cash or if they have to redo the contract, feels all smoke and mirrors.

Offered more than Arnold Clark(1k) but 1500 less than we buy any car, felt the 60 day validation was worth it in the long run . Also the offer is more than what I paid for it 🤫

I will check motorway closer to the time, not sure if I can just remove the car and pay it all in cash or if they have to redo the contract, feels all smoke and mirrors.
Also try bestcarbuyer, they offered more than wbac for my car and are good at not knocking money off at a review stage (as long as you are honest on the condition from the start), I got what they initially offered me.

Found my vin via the Chrome plug-in last week but still no official word from Tesla. Maybe they are adding the vin when the car leaves the factory but waiting until it’s on a ship before sending the text message?
This is my guess, so they can take into account any ship delays etc. I am sure someone here will know for sure.

I ordered on 25/8 and first saw the VIN in the website coding on Monday (first time I thought to look) so hoping for a text soon as my current car goes on Saturday so don’t want to be without a car for too long.

Long time lurker here but zero posts. I placed an order on 24th Sept with estimated delivery for November. I’ve just heard back off a Senior Sales Advisor and they’re informing me that it’s more than likely I’ll receive delivery in December now 😭

Posted this message in shipping thread too but I placed an order on 24th Sept with estimated delivery for November. I’ve just heard back off a Senior Sales Advisor and they’re informing me that it’s more than likely I’ll receive delivery in December now
😭