Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys... chill.

Pretty evident what is going on. They've upgraded the performance in terms of range and for whatever reason, as standard, the car is a little slower. Reason tesla are saying on the phone that they'll get you your 0-60 performance match is because it will likely be a software update for you all. Contractually you wont get shafted as that isnt the car you bought.

Anyone buying new from now on will get a slightly slower one, but im sure even they'll get the same speed as you later down the line, through, guess what, a software update.
Does this suggest, at a later date, with a software update, these Q4 cars could end up with a 304mi range

I always get told different things ever y time I phone up! haha!

Bear in mind the SR+ 0-60 did use to be 5.6, then dropped to 5.3 for the last year or so. Maybe, the rep you spoke to got mixed up....
For me personally I don't think the 0.3 difference in 0-60 is going to make any difference. The extra range will make a positive difference, but even then I know what I was signing up for when I order the SR+ before it became 'Model 3' so I'm happy to accept that.

Reactions: Simonix
I unfortunately got a similar email today lads;

“The car journey for cars going to the UK is slightly different than Ireland, so try not to compare the two. Matching will happen shortly for Ireland and collections are expected to take place mid – late December.

Kind regards,
Natalie Verrall | IE Delivery Team”
I got the same response last week - in fairness they are very consistent. If I hear of anything further I will tag the Irish gents in a update.

For me personally I don't think the 0.3 difference in 0-60 is going to make any difference. The extra range will make a positive difference, but even then I know what I was signing up for when I order the SR+ before it became 'Model 3' so I'm happy to accept that.
True but you also need to think of the people that bought the LR, and could have probably saved on the dollar and bought the SR+. I think this change could mean an imminent improvement on the LR also.

Reactions: Cstandinguk
Car Insurance
Confirmation your car has just been loaded onto a ship at Shanghai
Confirmation that your delivery is probably in the next 20-30 days
Some insurance companies will not accept a VIN.

Direct Line won't (I've tried 3 times, they say a VIN is useless, registration plate required).

Reactions: Karlcole
Just been told by my friend at Tesla that my M3LR currently aboard Helios Ray is pencilled in for home delivery on 2nd December but they're still confirming transport availability and schedules hence no official text yet. Thought that might be interesting to a few others who are still awaiting delivery info from VINs matched around the 26th Oct :)

Reactions: jlz78 and Shakb
Just been told by my friend at Tesla that my M3LR currently aboard Helios Ray is pencilled in for home delivery on 2nd December but they're still confirming transport availability and schedules hence no official text yet. Thought that might be interesting to a few others who are still awaiting delivery info from VINs matched around the 26th Oct :)
Can your friend at Tesla let us know if Q4 deliveries have the new battery & range or not ;) haha

True but you also need to think of the people that bought the LR, and could have probably saved on the dollar and bought the SR+. I think this change could mean an imminent improvement on the LR also.
I must admit, this is where I'm not sure I overly agree with you on saving and buying the SR. The WLTP range on the LR is still 50/60 miles higher than the new SR, you have to assume similar efficiency and that it comes down to battery size, which is still smaller in the new SR. Whilst recommendations are to only charge the LR to 80%, you can if needed charge to 100% for long trips.

I do agree with you it may indicate an incoming change to the LR though.

Reactions: Oxstock
I must admit, this is where I'm not sure I overly agree with you on saving and buying the SR. The WLTP range on the LR is still 50/60 miles higher than the new SR, you have to assume similar efficiency and that it comes down to battery size, which is still smaller in the new SR. Whilst recommendations are to only charge the LR to 80%, you can if needed charge to 100% for long trips.

I do agree with you it may indicate an incoming change to the LR though.
You have your Q4 LR on your drive right? Get your ass out there and check the battery! lol

Ignore me, just read your sig

Yeah, I just got a text as thought it was June also...lucky for those of us who jumped on early then 😁...just got to decide what amber nectar to pour from it over the Xmas 🎉🥳🥃
160AB0F2-C658-4692-94C5-44D5B700DD99.png

Mine has just arrived! Now to fill it 😜

Reactions: OddityError