Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This guy seems legit. He actually copied my VIN into a Tesla VIN Tool, and gave me a very very specific answer.

No
Right I'm definitely asking them to run through that tool with me right now haha. Will report back... For reference, I ordered on 3 September, received VIN in source code on 26th October (or around then for that flurry) with delivery on 25th November at Trafford Centre. White SR+ White interior.

Reactions: Eco Boy
Right I'm definitely asking them to run through that tool with me right now haha. Will report back... For reference, I ordered on 3 September, received VIN in source code on 26th October (or around then for that flurry) with delivery on 25th November at Trafford Centre. White SR+ White interior.
We ordered practically at the same time, and at the same delivery location.

🤷‍♂️

Screenshot 2021-11-04 153516.jpgScreenshot 2021-11-04 153611.jpg

4.2s vs 5.8s
360m range vs 305m range
250kw charge vs 170kw charge
Premium Audio vs standard audio
4 Wheel drive vs rear wheel drive

Not saying it's worth £8k diff, just listing the difference
If they keeping adding freebies to the SR its going to make people think whats the point in LR i think we should get the 0.5 second upgrade for free 🤣 seen as the SR are having heated seats/wheel premium interior etc

If they keeping adding freebies to the SR its going to make people think whats the point in LR i think we should get the 0.5 second upgrade for free 🤣 seen as the SR are having heated seats/wheel premium interior etc
at least currently with the LR we know what specs we are getting! Reading through this Tesla Customer Services couldnt even tell you whether the SR+/new version comes with a steering wheel!

Reactions: 8enj
Ha... called CS and the guy was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Told me I was in a "rare batch" with the new range but old motor (so same 0-60) - next Q will have the new LR motor which decreases the 0-60 by 0.5-0.2 seconds.

When I asked about the wheel and rear seats, he said I'd get them standard, and that there's been "a lot of speculation from customers about other features included, but we have had no internal memo to suggest anything else from the premium interior will be included" (i.e. subwoofer, more speakers, foot-well lights, etc)

While I had him, I asked about the delivery day - I'll get an email in the morning with a delivery declaration that I should only sign when I am happy the car's arrived and is in good condition. Then it will take around 24 hours to process before I get access to my car in the app. I will get 2 texts on the day for delivery - one is an estimated delivery window, the other is when the driver is nearby.

That's all the info I got but he seemed VERY confident that I would have the wheel and rear heated seats. When he asked "how technical do you want me to go", I asked "how technical can you be?" and then he went on about LFP, motors, etc

Ha... called CS and the guy was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Told me I was in a "rare batch" with the new range but old motor (so same 0-60) - next Q will have the new LR motor which decreases the 0-60 by 0.5-0.2 seconds.

When I asked about the wheel and rear seats, he said I'd get them standard, and that there's been "a lot of speculation from customers about other features included, but we have had no internal memo to suggest anything else from the premium interior will be included" (i.e. subwoofer, more speakers, foot-well lights, etc)

While I had him, I asked about the delivery day - I'll get an email in the morning with a delivery declaration that I should only sign when I am happy the car's arrived and is in good condition. Then it will take around 24 hours to process before I get access to my car in the app. I will get 2 texts on the day for delivery - one is an estimated delivery window, the other is when the driver is nearby.

That's all the info I got but he seemed VERY confident that I would have the wheel and rear heated seats. When he asked "how technical do you want me to go", I asked "how technical can you be?" and then he went on about LFP, motors, etc
Why don't I ever get these CS representatives haha. When did you order/receive VIN/when is delivery date? Just trying to see if it's similar to mine like Jacob's is...

Off-topic from the current conversation but;

Does anyone know if there are any limitations to insuring a tesla on Peugeot Insurance? On their website, they go on and on about 'Insurance for your Peugeot' and 'Repairs by our official technicians' etc.

I presume if I had an accident in the Tesla, they wouldn't be able to fix it at a Peugeot service centre?

Honestly, I like this answer from CS and I shall now decide this is fact. Thanks for this update though, hopefully I get the same back. Good news on your end!

Reactions: Abcmsaj
Ordered: Wednesday 8th Sept | Assigned: Tuesday 26th October | Collection text: Thursday 28th October | Collection: Wednesday 1st December
I see now in your signature, my bad. Okay so you and imjacobclark getting very similar feedback for cars ordered at a very similar time to me, I'm just going to assume (hopefully) that I'm getting duff information from my CS representatives as I can't see why my car would be any different...