Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys anyone whos got a LR, i suggest keeping looped in on this thread regarding LG batts vs Panasonic. Its been raised before but the traction in the UK just isnt there, just doesnt seem to have the people behind it to understand what is going on with the LR UK Batts.

That said, you might not be bothered by what battery your LR has, but I for one would like to know.

Guys anyone whos got a LR, i suggest keeping looped in on this thread regarding LG batts vs Panasonic. Its been raised before but the traction in the UK just isnt there, just doesnt seem to have the people behind it to understand what is going on with the LR UK Batts.

That said, you might not be bothered by what battery your LR has, but I for one would like to know.
I'm not bothered but could be persuaded to be bothered with more knowledge (durh!).
Thing is, I've no prior experience of EVs so whatever performance I get from my M3LR is going to seem great to me. Classic case of 'ignorance is bliss' methinks.

I should add, the miles-per-gallon I get from my current car (Alfa Romeo Stelvio) is pretty pants so anything better is fabulous.

Best solution for temp insurance? Our car due to go back end of Nov but the Tesla not due until 12th Dec.

Temp insurance after a quick look is around £400 yet we can get a new policy for £600 (60 per month)

Is it worth doing a new policy and just canceling after a month?

I moved my delivery date to the 8th instead of 9th Dec as my trade in would have expired on the 9th. They happily changed it for me :)

So anyone who could only see single day options on the schedule link, ring Tesla and see if they can squeeze you into another day.

@ScoutKaty your car must be arriving very early compared to mines hence you could get 4th Dec. My car arrival date at Space Center was 6th and he wanted the team to have 1 day to prepare the vehicle. So these dates are really dependent on if you're on earlier car carrying trucks.

Last edited:
Best solution for temp insurance? Our car due to go back end of Nov but the Tesla not due until 12th Dec.

Temp insurance after a quick look is around £400 yet we can get a new policy for £600 (60 per month)

Is it worth doing a new policy and just canceling after a month?
Work out who you want to insure the Tesla with, then insure the temp car with them. Finally, change the car on the policy to the Tesla when it comes. Does that work? You might pay an admin fee to change the car.

Reactions: khew1988 and MrT3
I'd get over the delivery side of it to be honest but I can't understand why they can allocate the vin now or just tell us we have to wait. Haven't checked the shipping times tread in a long while but I would think all ships have sailed now.
There’s actually a rake of ships coming up to transit the Suez Canal this week (where it seems vins get issued afterwards), two more left shanghai this week and Mr.M has his eye on two more loitering about waiting to doc in Shanghai - so I haven’t lost complete hope for late December Irish deliveries yet 🤞🏽

Reactions: Stumbleine
I just got the 'your delivery is being calculated' text.... but still unable to do anything with the schedule link! doh! Hopefully soon! :) Good signs, whatever the case!
Got that text yesterday morning, and by the evening the link to schedule worked (after seeing everyone got texts and I hadn't) - so look out for this evening around 8.30-9pm and good luck!

Reactions: neshmi
Work out who you want to insure the Tesla with, then insure the temp car with them. Finally, change the car on the policy to the Tesla when it comes. Does that work? You might pay an admin fee to change the car.
Sound advise. Better to "absorb" the cost of month 1 knowing you have the best price available for months 2-12.

To those of us who haven’t had texts yet, CS over the phone informed me they’re no longer sending mass messages as they cannot cope with the inbound phone calls following the SMS’ being sent.
They’re doing them in smaller ‘pools’ throughout this week. If you’ve received your VIN I’d be sitting tight for an SMS to drop this week. Hope this helps any of you

I'm not bothered but could be persuaded to be bothered with more knowledge (durh!).
Thing is, I've no prior experience of EVs so whatever performance I get from my M3LR is going to seem great to me. Classic case of 'ignorance is bliss' methinks.

I should add, the miles-per-gallon I get from my current car (Alfa Romeo Stelvio) is pretty pants so anything better is fabulous.
F**k it. You're absolute on the money there.

Ignorance is Bliss.

Compared to my old car, the long range was like a rollercoaster. Quick off the mark and slows done quick without he brake peddle lol