Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well blow me if I didn’t get a text tonight confirming the VIN and REG as per final invoice. It recommends using VIN to get insurance. Direct line took it on Model number. Delivery still due 30th Nov.
I got this too. My car is leased via ALD, i’ve tried adding the car onto my Tesla account using the VIN but it won’t let me.

Any one have any info on how I can get that working and linked?

Moderation comment - merged with main orders and deliveries thread

Hey everyone.

Newbie here. Finally managed to save up in cash for a Model 3 ever since it was first advertised.

Just have a couple of questions if anyone with similar experience could help?

1. I ordered 2 weeks ago and delivery showing March. I didn't have an option to get it delivered to home address. Will this still be possible?

2. At the time of collection what happens when we go inside the collection center? What checks happen? (I have seen lots of collection deliveries but they all turn cam off when inside the building?)

I will personally be making a collection video for myself as this is a very big achievement for me. And maybe share it here or YouTube. More than likely i will be keeping the car until one of us gives in lol.

I did have a few more questions but can't remember now lol. All too excited.

Much appreciated for any help

Kind regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: candida
I ordered 2 weeks ago and delivery showing March. I didn't have an option to get it delivered to home address. Will this still be possible?
It's normally only lease vehicles that get delivered but Tesla are starting to offer it for some customers - you won't know you are eligible until you are allocated a vehicle and offered to select a collection/delivery date/destination. Best to assume you won't have the option for it to be delivered to avoid disappointment.

Congrats on ordering your new car!

Reactions: Js1977
There is nothing much to film inside. You will be asked for your driving licence and that is it. If you want to film this, you should really ask. There will be no issues with you filming when you go and inspect the car.

Albeit at the risk of forfeiting your £100 deposit, there is a very good chance of getting an inventory car before then if you are determined and swift and good match comes up if impatience gets the better of you.

Congrats on your achievement :)

OK, so after a few evenings of tinkering with integrations I have managed to make the checklist talk to a 3rd party app via a Webhook. Only added on Model 3 for now to see how it performs out in the field. If all goes well I will add it to the Y and then start work on the S, X and Cybertruck Checklists.

As an aside, I was thinking about adding What3Words to superchargers? What do people think? I will definitely need a fair bit of help with this if i go down that route though, as i cant cover the entire UK just to get W3Ws locations for superchargers....
After having shared this great news only a few days ago I now have to share some bad news - I have had to remove the "Email my report to me" function temporarily as a handful of people have been submitting blank forms which eats up the allowance of free triggers for the email handler. Sadly this close to Christmas I am not in a position to pay to add more allowance to my account and so we will have to wait it out for them to refresh.

The app is still functional as a checklist but you (for the time being) will not be able to email your report to yourself. Hopefully by mid December I should be able to add it back in to the app. Sorry for the inconvenience but this is the joy of doing these things on the free tier!

Thank you so much guys. Its much appreciated.

I have ordered a "fully loaded" model 3 lol.
I thought YOLO and just went for the performance with autopilot and the self drive option.

I have seen some people say emailed CS. Is that the [email protected] ?

Because these lot never reply to me lol

Oh and on my account it says i need to bring ID, proof of payment and insurance.

Can I do temporary insurance just to collect the car and then sort it later?

Also anyone had any experience on how to show them the proof of payment? Can I just login to my bank account and show them that or do I need to get an official document with stamps etc from my bank?

Thanks once again and can't wait to join in on all the fun!

Pick mine up from Bluewater on Wednesday, have my registration number and insurance all ready. Can’t now stop thinking about my first drive on Wednesday of my new car! So guys I really do understand how you feel if you are still weeks away from the same position.
Tell them to plug mine into the super charger before I collect on the 29th please!

Reactions: Michaejones14
Couldn't edit my last reply: I've just had my VIN and Reg texted to me (I know and had the VIN confirmed some time ago). Now to try and insure the thing, as the SMS reckon they don't complete DVLA registration until the day of collection...
Yep, mine has just come through tonight and it mentions that I’ll have to use the vin to insure it?!
I’ve got a grey LR with the upgraded wheels, hope that I’m not disappointed.
3pm collection 🍾
good luck with yours 👍

Yep, mine has just come through tonight and it mentions that I’ll have to use the vin to insure it?!
I’ve got a grey LR with the upgraded wheels, hope that I’m not disappointed.
3pm collection 🍾
good luck with yours 👍
I may see you there 😀
I see we have the exact same car….glad I ordered when I did, the price has just gone up too!

Reactions: Jmle21
Yep, a week to go and I think I’m doing my mrs head in!
Yep.. a week to go for me and it’s now dragging! I’m privileged to get it soon, certainly given other posts on this thread, so I’m trying to not to be so impatient! 😣
Is it just me or is anyone else struggling with the wait now that their collection is imminent?

I’ve been without a car since July/August and it hasn’t bothered me, but now that the Tesla is nearly here I want it NOW

I got this too. My car is leased via ALD, i’ve tried adding the car onto my Tesla account using the VIN but it won’t let me.

Any one have any info on how I can get that working and linked?
Just clarify I am direct purchase therefore contract is between Tesla and me so this is all in my Tesla account. I believe different with leasing as the car is owned be the leasing company and hired to you as the registered owner. I believe that is why it may be different.

Depending on your distance from the delivery centre you may be offered a "chauffeur" service operated by GoZero (an uber-like service that exclusively use Teslas) they'll also give you a bit of a demo of the features on the way there (if you need it). It's a pretty good idea, They also pick drop you home from the service centre if you ever need it (and bring you back to collect your car when it's ready).

p.s. congrats on the car, and as mentioned above if you can't wait - keep a close eye on inventory for a chance to get one sooner.

1. I ordered 2 weeks ago and delivery showing March. I didn't have an option to get it delivered to home address. Will this still be possible?

I see you're in Manchester. I also have a an M3 (LR) on order and will be collecting from Manchester. Might be worth comparing events particularly as I am also paying for (it it seems to me that the majority on here are leasing). I ordered in October and had it on hold until the March delivery came as (for the sake of a couple of weeks) I want it on the 22 plate. Logging into my account I don't see anything about doing anything or bringing anything. The next step (which I haven' completed because it seems a bit premature) is to include my bank details for payment . . . I wonder if that is something I need to do 3 months before delivery?