Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] 2021 - The Holiday Release - 'holiday fun' not V11 UI changes and features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do M3 headlights auto-dip reliably / promptly for tail lights? And my MS is very twitchy and dips head beam for street lights, reflections off sign posts and other light sources.
No, the M3 auto headlights are utter garbage. They don’t turn off quickly enough for oncoming vehicles and take an age to come back on afterwards.

Driving on rural roads at night is a joke. You can pretty much guarantee that every chevron sign will cause the lights to dip. A chevron sign means a bend, so just when you need high beam most the damn things switch off and leave you negotiating the bend with inadequate light.

Needless to say the holiday update hasn’t improved things. But hey, we’ve got a light show so how can we possibly complain?

every chevron sign will cause the lights to dip
That's exactly my experience with 2019 S. And as you say, it's not just the dipping as you approach the bend, but it then takes forever to go back to head beam..... only to be tricked by a different reflection into going back to dip..... but as you come up behind a car your lights stay resolutely on head beam!

It wasn't until I got a different (current model) EV where all these things just worked as you would want that I realised how sub-par the Tesla implementation is.

Reactions: MrT3 and Alistairuk
Two quick questions for UK Model S MCU2/Intel Atom owners:

(1) has anyone got Tik Tok; and
(2) the web browser now appears smaller. Whereas before it was 75% of the screen height, now it seems to be 50% and I can't enlarge it further.

Many thanks

Seriously?

Because if you enable it on the menu, you cannot use the headlights manually. Which is what I want to do.

If enabled in the menu, all you are doing is switching between dipped, and auto dip and back again.

Can someone else tell me if I have this completely wrong, or maybe my car has a fault and needs a SC to look at my lighting system?
If the Auto button is enabled the toggle when pushing the stalk becomes between dipped and auto-full/dipped.