Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] 2021 - The Holiday Release - 'holiday fun' not V11 UI changes and features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no manual returning to the original position. It works similar to the indicators in that is always returns to the central position itself.

The fact is that if you don’t have auto high beam enabled then there isn’t a way to bring up the pop up without making the high beam come up, whether you push or pull the stalk.
Have you not tried?

Simple step if you don’t use auto: enable auto —— pop up appears ———- switch fog lights ——- disable auto

Hope that helps

Just discovered that on 'legacy' S / X (the vast majority!) browser now maxes out at just under half the screen.
yes sadly this is true - or, worse. actuallly it's now less than half the screen. another stupid regression in useability for no reason

here's a pic of the v11 browser with tape measure for reference. you can see the vertical height of the browser window itself (ignoring the unnecessarily tall header) is only about 6 inches of the total 14 inch vertical screen available. Can't be moved up or expanded any bigger. Much worse than v10 browser which itself was worse than the old v8(?) browser that let you go full screen

What is the problem with enabling it in the menu and not using it if you don’t want? Is it really difficult?
Seriously?

Because if you enable it on the menu, you cannot use the headlights manually. Which is what I want to do.

If enabled in the menu, all you are doing is switching between dipped, and auto dip and back again.

Can someone else tell me if I have this completely wrong, or maybe my car has a fault and needs a SC to look at my lighting system?

Seriously?

Because if you enable it on the menu, you cannot use the headlights manually. Which is what I want to do.

If enabled in the menu, all you are doing is switching between dipped, and auto dip and back again.

Can someone else tell me if I have this completely wrong, or maybe my car has a fault and needs a SC to look at my lighting system?
This is the sad state of affairs! You will grow used to the quirks and find a way to put up with it. Just as you achieve that they'll push another 'improvement' :p

Reactions: Simonix
I sympathise it’s now more hassle for you to manually set the headlights. I’m sure we’d all agree we want our driving experience to be as hassle free as possible. However, I’d imagine the overwhelming majority of owners leave the headlights set to auto and forget about them. That’s my own experience with my M3 and cars before. I’ve no complaints at all about how the auto headlights work; auto highbeam is different though. Tesla clearly wish to automate as many of the functions as possible, and those functions less often used are now slightly less accessible. I’d imagine, with a few possible alterations based on user feedback, this philosophy will continue and grow with future updates. I’m not dismissing your own frustrations with the headlight accessibility; just feel your own use case is not the norm.

Reactions: RNHurt and Simonix
I’ve no complaints at all about how the auto headlights work; auto highbeam is different though
It is auto high beam that we are talking about here - with it disabled there isn't the ability to bring up the pop up light menu (to turn on fog lights) without flashing your lights.

Totally agree that auto lights work as expected - I don't really see a need not to have that feature enabled.

Reactions: Simonix
I’m with you all the way Simonix. I just want to manually control the high/low beam toggle, and I don’t like the idea of having to flash my lights to access the fog lights buttons. Guess I’ll either be using fog lights less, or taking my eyes off the road to toggle them.
I’ve not tried and it’s raining here, so not walking out to the car but.. . Can you use voice commands for the fog lights?

I guess I will just have to start using the auto dip headlights then.

Never been a fan on any car I've had with that system. Always dips a tad too late, or not at all, and vice versa. Bearing in mind that I live in the country, so no streetlamps. If I lived in an urban area, it would be much more of a non-issue.
Unfortunately it’s perhaps even more of an issue because the auto lights don’t dip in urban areas where there is sufficient ambient lighting from streetlights etc. It’s ridiculous to drive through a well lit urban area with the lights on high beam and one of the reasons why I don’t use the auto function