Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] 2021 - The Holiday Release - 'holiday fun' not V11 UI changes and features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderation comment - since thread was originally started, it has come to light that the same release will also incorporate the long awaited V11 UI and related features. Please use the existing Wiki - [UK] V11 UI Changes and Features thread for discussion of the new V11 UI and associated features.

This is probably the kiss of death, but EM has hinted at this coming Tuesday for this years holiday release

I'm going to guess that the Sonic game is being included, but after last years false dawn, difficult to speculate on what else. Much of last years speculated features ended up being drip fed over the course of this year instead, and those features that were released and described by EM as 'fire' were at the time largely irrelevant to the UK.

So, any advances on more cones...?

Some further suggestions in the global thread 2021 Holiday Firmware Release - Predictions and Impressions (after release)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Mark-R
Much of last years speculated features ended up being drip fed over the course of this year instead, and those features that were released and described by EM as 'fire' were at the time largely irrelevant to the UK.
To further manage the expectations of those UK members that got their Teslas in 2021, there is a whole thread covering what most agreed was a very underwhelming experience last Christmas/New Year:
Wiki - [UK] Holiday update - 2020.48.26/.30/.35.x

I'm hoping that we will get more than a couple of games e.g. remote Sentry viewing on the app, but I'm not holding my breath...

Reactions: MrBadger
maybe they'll add volume control for santa mode? fun for the kids, but current volume is a touch excessive, or just have the option for the sleigh without the music.

I've not tried this year, but last year if you activated it by saying "ho ho ho" on voice control rather than through the toy box screen then you didn't get the music or indicator bells, just the sleigh graphics.

I would sing his praises if he arranged my headlights to go back to full beam earlier than 3 seconds after the last car has passed. I might even bow down and give thanks if he arranged auto headlights to come on below 25mph, so I can get up to 25mph on the single track roads around here with all their bends. My expectations are low - a stupid game I'll never play?
FSD - fools and suckers debited (yes, I was one too)
<brightly> we'll all get a demo of self drive on city streets working flawlessly as a trial for those who didn't buy FSD </brightly>

I would sing his praises if he arranged my headlights to go back to full beam earlier than 3 seconds after the last car has passed. I might even bow down and give thanks if he arranged auto headlights to come on below 25mph, so I can get up to 25mph on the single track roads around here with all their bends. My expectations are low - a stupid game I'll never play?
FSD - fools and suckers debited (yes, I was one too)
<brightly> we'll all get a demo of self drive on city streets working flawlessly as a trial for those who didn't buy FSD </brightly>
I don’t believe regulations allow the auto system to operate below 25 mph so don’t hold your breath on that one.

I was new to Tesla, having bought my first at the end of Sept 2020. So the last Holiday Release pretty much created my don't trust a word EM says mentality.

On the plus side, whatever we get, no matter how small is something. I just wouldn't listen to the hype.

Reactions: Hurricane