Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought the problem was a bleed through a pcb through hole connection that can easily be sealed if you know how the light unit is removed. Does it just pull off?
Yup, the problem is light bleed through PCB holes. Fixing it involves precisely drilling into the plastic housing (it’s a sealed unit) and putting black sealant or equivalent inside. I decided that job was beyond my skills and I’d probably be better off trying to sell the old ones on eBay.

Reactions: Rustybkts
I don’t think it's specific to this version but, I used AP all the way along the A47 to my destination only disengaging at roundabouts.
my journey started on dual carriageway and it engaged at 70mph dropping to 60, then 40, then back up to 60, down to 30 and so on recognising every change faultlessly.
the return journey was engaged at 60mph and changed up and down all the way home until we got to sections of dual carriageway where it would not rise beyond 60. This leads me to believe that the first speed limit that AP engages at, is the max it will go unless re-engaged at a higher speed.
this might explain why some owners don't get the auto changes they expect. I suspect that if engaged at say 40, it will drop to 30, increase to 40, but ignore a 50, 60 or 70.

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
I don’t think it's specific to this version but, I used AP all the way along the A47 to my destination only disengaging at roundabouts.
my journey started on dual carriageway and it engaged at 70mph dropping to 60, then 40, then back up to 60, down to 30 and so on recognising every change faultlessly.
the return journey was engaged at 60mph and changed up and down all the way home until we got to sections of dual carriageway where it would not rise beyond 60. This leads me to believe that the first speed limit that AP engages at, is the max it will go unless re-engaged at a higher speed.
this might explain why some owners don't get the auto changes they expect. I suspect that if engaged at say 40, it will drop to 30, increase to 40, but ignore a 50, 60 or 70.
AP or TACC? TACC changes speeds for me, but AP does not. I tested it on some local roads this weekend & AP never changed the speed without me tapping on the icon whether I was travelling into a higher or lower speed limit (on either single or dual carriageways). TACC does change the speed automatically, but I've never really tested different occurrences of high > low > high (or vice versa). I'll try that next time if I can find some roads that fit the profile.

AP or TACC? TACC changes speeds for me, but AP does not. I tested it on some local roads this weekend & AP never changed the speed without me tapping on the icon whether I was travelling into a higher or lower speed limit (on either single or dual carriageways). TACC does change the speed automatically, but I've never really tested different occurrences of high > low > high (or vice versa). I'll try that next time if I can find some roads that fit the profile.
It was all on AP. What’s interesting is that it never has changed speed on TACC for me. In fact, if I use TACC and then set AP shortly after, it won’t change speed. I have to set just AP or cancel TACC first.

This is my experience. Speeds will auto change but only up to what the driver set it to.

Tesla as a company has a slightly different business model to traditional car makers. I don’t think many know who the VW CEO is or BMWs current one - some of the design chiefs names are more familiar than their CEOs. Tesla as a car company actively engages with customers than other car companies - I am not talking here about their service centres and the delivery glitches etc., The expectations are part of this and of course there are going to be unfulfilled promises and poor returns on various expectations. I think that is what we hear a lot in forums. Tesla did pursue the disruptive business model in car industry and by what we’ve seen in the last 10 years they are amazingly successful. But of course there are areas they can still improve - the difficulty is some think they got to get better in areas they won’t be able to make progress without considerable amount of data and the rest of us are happy with the current developments and the core product - the battery technology and the philosophy behind it.
I think you're confusing a direct-to-consumer business model with a dealership model. With VW and BMW, the customers are dealers, Same brand/Bosche service centres, and some fleets.

It was all on AP. What’s interesting is that it never has changed speed on TACC for me. In fact, if I use TACC and then set AP shortly after, it won’t change speed. I have to set just AP or cancel TACC first.
There is also EAP. Does the UI show a solid bar in the middle rather than highlighting just the lanes? With a solid bar, auto-steering and lane suggestions are near perfect.

There is also EAP. Does the UI show a solid bar in the middle rather than highlighting just the lanes? With a solid bar, auto-steering and lane suggestions are near perfect.
I do have FSD and very little of the route was able to utilise NoA. However, when on dual carriageway, lane change worked everywhere, even without the solid NoA line. Suggestions to change into the faster lane are still as dumb as ever!

I do have FSD and very little of the route was able to utilise NoA. However, when on dual carriageway, lane change worked everywhere, even without the solid NoA line. Suggestions to change into the faster lane are still as dumb as ever!
Then when you switch speed based lane changes off it does dumb things like indicating right in the middle of a busy roadworks for no reason.. (happened to me this weekend. The other drivers must have though I was insane).

NoA has the potential to be a good idea but seems to have had little improvement in years.

Then when you switch speed based lane changes off it does dumb things like indicating right in the middle of a busy roadworks for no reason.. (happened to me this weekend. The other drivers must have though I was insane).

NoA has the potential to be a good idea but seems to have had little improvement in years.
There is no work done on the existing stack so these bugs would remain. You need to wait and get into FSD beta to get the new stack that doesn't have these particular issues.

There is no work done on the existing stack so these bugs would remain. You need to wait and get into FSD beta to get the new stack that doesn't have these particular issues.
FSD beta is city streets only, so that won't help.
When the vision stack is extended to highway driving (originally in 1-2 months 8 months ago, now sometime in a summer) then the bugs that EAP suffers from will be addressed.

Also just received 2022.12.3.1 and started installing
PXL_20220421_190945391.jpg