Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK]2022.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On 21.44.30 you pressed any of the audio buttons you'd added at the bottom of the screen and the relevant window would cycle through full screen, small strip at the bottom of the screen, and off. You could also swipe of course.

On 22.4.5 it only toggles between full screen and the small strip. You have to swipe to close the window. I preferred the 21.44.30 behaviour.

I just don't understand what you're getting at. I'm happy that Tesla are pushing forward and innovating with things like full self drive, but as long as Tesla are happy to prioritise features like 'choosing what colour your car appears in the user interface', or 'light show' over fixing potentially dangerous bugs, like the reverse camera stuttering - then maybe Tesla could do with looking at the present a bit more rather than the future, for everyone's sake.
The vocal minority is up all in arms! Funnily enough some of them still have not even tried V11

The vocal minority is up all in arms! Funnily enough some of them still have not even tried V11
I’ve tried it, can’t say I’m a fan lol. In theory it shouldn’t make that much difference to me, I only had the car 2-3wks before the update V10 to 11 but heyho. I’m stuck with the M3 for another 3yrs 9mth so best just get used to Elon’s whims I guess😂

Reactions: DM206433 and Bouba
So having now driven on 22.4 I'm guessing TACC is vision-based now - joining the A303 from the M3 at about 13:10 EAP just gave up as I headed into the sun and wouldn't reengage until I was behind trees, failing again when I was clear again.
While driving on the M£ coming to J7, the car in front turned off for the junction, my car tried to follow without indication (it was routing for the A303 exit 3/4 mile further on)
When heading back along the A303 there were nighttime cones on the verge with very faint marks for where they should be placed, the car started to follow the temp lines initially ignoring the bold normal markings
The car did ignore the BP bright green petrol pricing on the A303 that 30.7 had been causing it to think were green traffic lights when coming into view round a bend
I've found stop/start traffic much better. Before the update the car in front would pull away and there would be a delay before the Tesla started to move, acceleration too aggressively and then hit the brakes as it caught the car in front up. Now it is much smoother, not quite as well as I'd manually drive but certainly a noticeable improvement.

I'm not sure it's any better than other manufacturers achieve with their radar system so I cannot say it is down to the vision system, just that whatever system they are using the software is now making a better job of it.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
I've found stop/start traffic much better. Before the update the car in front would pull away and there would be a delay before the Tesla started to move, acceleration too aggressively and then hit the brakes as it caught the car in front up. Now it is much smoother, not quite as well as I'd manually drive but certainly a noticeable improvement.

I'm not sure it's any better than other manufacturers achieve with their radar system so I cannot say it is down to the vision system, just that whatever system they are using the software is now making a better job of it.
There’s no adaptive cruise that’s as smooth as a human can achieve with ease. A human can look several cars in front and read the traffic, adaptive cruise just looks at the car directly in front. That’s why I dislike them in any car I’ve driven with it fitted. I hate speed up brake speedup brake driving.

Reactions: Mik3LR

Yes, it's improved again in 22.4.5.1