Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK]2022.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How can they still not have fixed the camera stuttering? Seems like a pretty serious bug that could prove to be a safety issue for some.
They've already covered themselves in the manual:

Just because they’ve written something in a manual doesn’t necessarily mean it gets them out of it

Actually, I always get confused as to where the beeps are coming from when reversing....would it be too difficult for the car to say...’front’...’back’....’port’...’starboard’...instead of different beep tones?

Glad I can reflect my dechromed trim in the car and app 👍

Nice little quality of life change.

6F8DE1EC-9FBB-4B19-B4C0-AD9222A48F98.jpeg

I've had cars where the sound was focused on the area about to hit rather than bland beeping
Of course if Tesla does that someone else will say it was better in their earlier BMWs (2 gen old car with 50p sensors and 6mb powerful chip) as they used sensors and radors not the AI or vis cam based software developed by designers in California who doesn’t know anything about real roads and design cars in 32 monitors.

Of course the same will be an expensive option list on the new BMWi4 and there are members who try to convince how bmw is doing a great job of giving them a option to install this that is a panacea to stop all accidents like their auto headlights and wipers!

You highlight a very important issue here.

How typical hey, always got their legal team covering their backsides. Unlike us lot.

I see it's a legal team writing that caveat in the manual and not an engineer. The camera doesn't actually detect anything, the driver does, the camera just helps moves an image onto a screen. There is no object detection going on in the camera.

They didn't want to say, the camera may not always perform its sole role. So it's wrapped in nonsense words really.

This alone makes a mockery of their caveat.

Of course if Tesla does that someone else will say it was better in their earlier BMWs (2 gen old car with 50p sensors and 6mb powerful chip) as they used sensors and radors not the AI or vis cam based software developed by designers in California who doesn’t know anything about real roads and design cars in 32 monitors.
I honestly don't care what tech is used, be that radar, ultrasonic, cameras, AI, telepathy, etc - as long as it works well. It currently doesn't.

Reactions: goRt
The dashcam being back would be great if it didn't use up one of the 4 slots for useful icons.

Wasting space with 2 heating controls (let's be honest the passenger can reach across fine) and recent apps and is pretty *sugar*. I hate v11 so much.

Reactions: Lonewulf45
That's nonsense. Have you ever driven a van? They have much worse rear visibility than Teslas yet somehow people could and can park them without cameras and sensors.
OK yes, point taken. Side mirrors work for parking and that's what I end up using the majority of the time. I'd still like my £50k car with 'technology years ahead of it's competitors' to get the simple stuff right.