Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing particularly revolutionary on a 2020 M3P. I dragged myself out of bed and into the car at 2am so you didn’t have to.

No blended brakes (still)
No Sentry/Dog mode (why?)
Disney+ still broken.
(all unchanged after a reboot)

Drivers Door Unlock Mode appears to add an undocumented feature when enabled whereby the drivers door will unlock (not sure what this means) and charging port will unlock if you walk close to the drivers side of the car. Could be useful in theory although I’m not sure I want the car to spontaneously wake up if I get too close.

4BE41CA0-1ECA-4871-9827-C2D9AFE8B861.jpeg

93623505-1EBD-400B-B81F-46A88A51A80D.jpeg

CC1E65B3-CF4F-4FD6-B951-A0070DFCD1A1.jpeg

Last edited:
Nothing particularly revolutionary on a 2020 M3P. I dragged myself out of bed and into the car at 2am so you didn’t have to.

No blended brakes (still)
No Sentry/Dog mode (why?)
Disney+ still broken.
(all unchanged after a reboot)

Drivers Door Unlock Mode appears to add an undocumented feature when enabled whereby the drivers door will unlock (not sure what this means) and charging port will unlock if you walk close to the drivers side of the car. Could be useful in theory although I’m not sure I want the car to spontaneously wake up if I get too close.

View attachment 870055
View attachment 870054
View attachment 870056
Replying to myself but I couldn't get the new Driver Door Unlock Mode feature to actually do anything this morning after I got up to start work.

I don't mean the long press one (I haven't tried that), I mean the undocumented feature mentioned above. I walked around my car this morning with my phone in my pocket expecting it to wake up and unlock, but nothing happened. Checking TeslaMate it has been asleep nearly 8 hours. I even tried walking down the passenger side of the car thinking perhaps "driver door" was actually LHD like the profile selection is, but no dice.

Replying to myself but I couldn't get the new Driver Door Unlock Mode feature to actually do anything this morning after I got up to start work.

I don't mean the long press one (I haven't tried that), I mean the undocumented feature mentioned above. I walked around my car this morning with my phone in my pocket expecting it to wake up and unlock, but nothing happened. Checking TeslaMate it has been asleep nearly 8 hours. I even tried walking down the passenger side of the car thinking perhaps "driver door" was actually LHD like the profile selection is, but no dice.
Where did you see the details of the undocumented feature? There's unlock as in "you can open the door if you try", which has always been there, and unlock as in "the mirrors swing open and the screens come on" as if you've pulled the handle. The later makes sense, and I guess the undocumented change would just be the ability to open the charge port?

I think you might have misunderstood Driver Door Unlock mode? It means when you unlock the car through the app or fob, or pull the driver door handle, it will unlock this door only, i.e, all other 3 doors and boot will remain locked. This is just a safety feature that's been around for a while.
I don't believe there is a way/undocumented new feature that will unlock the car/unfold mirrors just by walking up to it. Where did you read this?