Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm loving my 3 since collecting it on Tuesday and slowly working my way through all the features but have a question about the walk away door lock.
I've set it up and it works fine but can I adjust the distance I am away from the car before it activates?

I'm loving my 3 since collecting it on Tuesday and slowly working my way through all the features but have a question about the walk away door lock.
I've set it up and it works fine but can I adjust the distance I am away from the car before it activates?
Mine usually locks when I’m like 10m or 30ft away. Yesterday I went to Asda and it didn’t lock until I was at the Asda door, which is like 50m away from where I parked. But today I came to car with phone in my back pocket and car didn’t unlock. I took the phone out and it unlocked immediately. So not sure if where you keep you phone (back pocket, front pocket, jacket etc.) has affect on how soon it locks/unlocks.

Mine usually locks when I’m like 10m or 30ft away. Yesterday I went to Asda and it didn’t lock until I was at the Asda door, which is like 50m away from where I parked. But today I came to car with phone in my back pocket and car didn’t unlock. I took the phone out and it unlocked immediately. So not sure if where you keep you phone (back pocket, front pocket, jacket etc.) has affect on how soon it locks/unlocks.
I find mine to be a bit intermittent. Sometimes 10m sometimes not at all! I've now set it to beep on locking. It's not too loud but I can hear it when walking away when often I wouldn't be able to see the mirrors fold in. Saves having to look at the app.

Loads of White M3 and MY at Brent Cross
14790852-E05A-4584-A271-D7ABCDE1F1D9.jpeg

Another thing you can do is press the lock icon on the screen as you get out then it will lock the car as soon as the door closes. I use this as my living room is right by my drive so I'm not far away enough for it to lock albeit I think it locks itself after so many minutes anyway.

Has anyone found any good quality carpet floor mats for the Model 3? The supplied mats are very thin and don't appear to be wearing well.
Floor mats are the single thing that I haven't ordered. I looked at the fancy 3d ones, teslashield etc etc, but, decent carpet ones are high on my agenda, so glad you mentioned it! I'm also curious.. I can live with the default ones! I also heard carpet mats make things quieter / better sound dampening in the cabin, so it's worth not snubbing immediately.

I ordered a model Y (white with 20" rims) on friday through my works lease company, hopefully there are plenty of people failing finance checks etc. and I won't have to wait long to collect one going spare 😜
Welcome to the forum

May I suggest posting in the correct thread. This thread is for discussions around carpet mats, charging, which home charger you should install and things like that

If you want to talk about

Orders to Delivery General Discussion​

there is a separate thread for that

;)

Hello all, new to the forum and looking to order an M3, is it true that M3Ps are quicker to deliver than M3LR ? Both seem to say August on the website. I'm hoping to go for a white on white , would consider red on white if it meant quicker delivery (someone on youtube suggested that) .

Welcome to the forum

May I suggest posting in the correct thread. This thread is for discussions around carpet mats, charging, which home charger you should install and things like that

If you want to talk about

Orders to Delivery General Discussion​

there is a separate thread for that

;)
Wait, isn't this that thread? 😁

I actually had to double check myself lol

I ordered a model Y (white with 20" rims) on friday through my works lease company, hopefully there are plenty of people failing finance checks etc. and I won't have to wait long to collect one going spare 😜

It's probably the first time ever that I feel sorry and a little sad for 'orphaned cars'. The Mrs calls me a moron for attaching such a title for unclaimed / unmatched vehicles... But it kinda is! 🥲

From what we know it's an absolute lottery with orphaned cars, they tend to be snapped up by people with cash in hand. Definietly keep checking inventory for something that closely matches yours, and when you spot something that is either or near to what you ordered, or even some other configuration that you can easily take, then be on at your lease company like a rash! It's a fast track card for sure! AND you're adopting one of these poor little orphans 😍😇