Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honestly, just wait guys. Tesla will make contact with you when they have a vehicle with your name on it.

They are very proficient with the finance/payment side and nothing you do, NOTHING will make the process go any faster, whether it is finance or cash, pay now or pay later... all means nothing if a car hasn't been matched. It doesn't work the other way around.

The finance for my wife's MYLR is all f**ked up with dollar payment signs and settlement figures still missing from the trade-in. Not fussed presently as there are no cars. When there is one they'll be on my case wanting my money pronto!!!

Forum's are fun but can be a little stressful;)

Good luck🍀
Perfect advice and well said. Anything other than this enters the realm of speculation. In general Tesla is a well oiled machine that caters for mass market as opposed to bespoke personal service. The model is the model and unlikely to change and until a VIN is allocated you are unlikely to hear much, but when that happens things move like clockwork. What Tesla are good at is shifting all cars as fast as they can produce them, with a final push expected around quarter ends, as much related to financial reporting to the stock market against market expectations.

Feb 23 😁 (so i cant complain) but i got excited when it changed to June...

Our current lease goes back in August and so struggling on what to do currently
Almost everyone's EDD's have reverted to the original order config, even if that was May 22 for some.

I feel your pain, we planned the change knowing the backlog so placed the order 14 months before the current lease expires;). Tesla are very good at taking the old one off your hands so that's one less thing to worry about.

I've a personalised reg on my current car and need to get it on retention before taking delivery of the MYLR. Does anyone have experience of how long it takes for a replacement V5 to be received from the DVLA these days?
Mine took a week. Most stressful 7 days of my life. Almost lost out on my M3LR because short notice allocation, like 2 days😱. Get it done pronto, be on safe side.

Reactions: HowieR
If anyone is struggling for options, Onto (All-Inclusive Electric Car Subscriptions | Onto) do EVs on a monthly subscription.

Not sure if this will help anyone, but if like me your current lease is ending 1st July, this might give you some options until your new Tesla arrives.
I’ve used them before a few years ago, however now they put up prices, reduced mileage and now make you pay delivery and collection. But I am in same boat as you so might have to use them is my MY doesn’t come by 22 July

Reactions: rrajah and KARUSH90
With what I’m reading on this forum, some M3 orders EDD have reverted back to the month originally quoted, as Tesla do not know when a car will be available.

Orders with a week / 2 week window currently are more likely to get delivery this quarter. Would that be accurate?

My EDD is June 15 - June 30 still, so I am still hopeful of an allocation this month. Anyone else share my optimism?

With what I’m reading on this forum, some M3 orders EDD have reverted back to the month originally quoted, as Tesla do not know when a car will be available.

Orders with a week / 2 week window currently are more likely to get delivery this quarter. Would that be accurate?

My EDD is June 15 - June 30 still, so I am still hopeful of an allocation this month. Anyone else share my optimism?
No 😞

Yeah that was me! 👀🥳

I've been waiting to pounce on a "new" inventory one for a while. When I got the update on Telegram I was straight in there :D

My existing order isn't due until November and to be honest I'm not even confident of that date being met given what is going on. It could easily be pushed back to next year at this rate IMO.

I also ordered the white interior originally, but I've been worried about/regretting that, so this one with all black interior puts my mind at ease, although my daughter will kill me as she badly wanted the white seats (but I know she is the one most likely to ruin them!).

Its only got 9 miles on it and it was discounted by £520 so it seemed worth switching to.

I've spoken to Tesla and even though they've confirmed it's in stock, the EDD is June 19-30. I think this will be the enforced software update thing delaying it?
I

Reactions: Toblerone

While that date range holds then yes. With the slowdown in production then some vehicles won’t have been made so some got their dates changed whilst others haven’t.

Reactions: Lee Davis
Sorry to say, but I think it is looking increasingly unlikely too. The observation that orders have reverted back to their original dates is accurate and quite telling. Clearly there won’t be any deliveries in May despite these appearing as EDDs. The metaphorical slate has been wiped clean, and completely new schedules will be drawn up for the UK when production is resumed and ships rescheduled, new EDDs to be based (roughly I guess) on the original chronology … new EDDs currently unknown and not soon … the lockdown will be on/off for as long as the Chinese Covid mindset persists. Please let VINs appear soon, and prove me wrong …

Reactions: robmcm and Utumno
I’ve used them before a few years ago, however now they put up prices, reduced mileage and now make you pay delivery and collection. But I am in same boat as you so might have to use them is my MY doesn’t come by 22 July
Been contemplating them myself but delivery and pick up charge is a killer really considering the default low mileage. Easily the cheapest available car goes over £600 a month

Reactions: rrajah
If anyone is struggling for options, Onto (All-Inclusive Electric Car Subscriptions | Onto) do EVs on a monthly subscription.

Not sure if this will help anyone, but if like me your current lease is ending 1st July, this might give you some options until your new Tesla arrives.
Thanks for highlighting this. Just looked at it based on sale now of my ICE and subscription for at least a month until end of June delivery (optimistic I know) of new MY. With 1300 miles per month (£300 in petrol) and small car (Zoe) or similar plus delivery, pickup, bolt on mileage and an allowance for charging cost on home charger it works out for me at about equivalent of £575 for the month. I have an option of a stop-gap car with Tusker so will need to compare. Also need to find out if they pro-rata the Onto subscription if you hand back part way through the month.

Reactions: rrajah
Thanks for highlighting this. Just looked at it based on sale now of my ICE and subscription for at least a month until end of June delivery (optimistic I know) of new MY. With 1300 miles per month (£300 in petrol) and small car (Zoe) or similar plus delivery, pickup, bolt on mileage and an allowance for charging cost on home charger it works out for me at about equivalent of £575 for the month. I have an option of a stop-gap car with Tusker so will need to compare. Also need to find out if they pro-rata the Onto subscription if you hand back part way through the month.
onto don’t pro-rate on a part month return