Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding my other order

Email update from lease co

EDD 21/07

Guess there's not been a vin assigned for that one!
Hope they sort it out for you sir. Imagine having been able to track 'your' car last week, took loads of pics for you, only for it to be a screw up and it wasn't your car! Crikey, I think we'd both be a little brain-fuzzed at that!

keeping fingers crossed for you, and can't wait to see an actual photo of this elusive vehicle when it is officially in your care! :)

👌👍

Hope they sort it out for you sir. Imagine having been able to track 'your' car last week, took loads of pics for you, only for it to be a screw up and it wasn't your car! Crikey, I think we'd both be a little brain-fuzzed at that!

keeping fingers crossed for you, and can't wait to see an actual photo of this elusive vehicle when it is officially in your care! :)

👌👍
No that one is sorted lol! Collecting that tomorrow.

the 21/07 is my other order (we have 2 on order) both ordered at the same time. Cancelled one for the stock one.

No that one is sorted lol! Collecting that tomorrow.

the 21/07 is my other order (we have 2 on order) both ordered at the same time. Cancelled one for the stock one.
Ahhhhhhh brilliant! That's great news! I think the talk of the crew of RCC EUROPE throwing Snowy overboard to ballance ballast made me lose a few brain cells 🤣

In that case, I'm super excited ! Nice one :) :)

yes - i have seen some orders through lease that assign RN directly to customer and others that are under bulk orders. if you are bulk order or maybe took over another pre-order that someone gave up then you can't track order in Tesla account and therefore no way of finding VIN in source code

Lex leasers have received their SMS though... So it could come down to some leasing co's being prioritised (esp when you consider there are a lot of bulk orders out), or the allocation of orders being different or down to each leasing co (which again worries me - as it'll soon turn to "whoever shouts loudest" type allocation).
It could even be the weather patterns over Antarctica, or the direction of drift of the RCC EUROPE. Or even the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow, divided by the numerological sum of the letters representing the Ultimate Question 😀

Regardless, leasing customers will have to grin and bear the VIN allocation process with a bit less detail than other customers 😃

I beg to differ. A friend of mine is waiting on a lease MY, and he's got his Vin from the source code,.
The one of a only a few then. Lease can’t not generally can’t not see there RN. I can not see my RN from my account and the vast majority that transfer an RN to a lease provide loss it from their accounts once the lease company “take it over” or like me never have it in the account until I become a user of the vehicle

Reactions: orangespoon
Ok so I just spoke to Tesla. Who told me I have a VIN allocated to me, I then called my lease agent who told me the same and that delivery is penciled in for 21st June to 30th(she saw the update Tuesday but forgot to email me). Ordered 1st Feb via my agent financed through ALD. I did have a Reg and delivery date for March31st originally but the paper work stalled and I got kicked back down the list. Hope this might be of some help to those in the lease dark hole of communication!

update from Tesla via chat as of 5 minutes ago, my car is leased via a third party fleet management company due to NHS, so only actual update I’ve had is RN.

Been told no VIN/vehicle has been assigned.

After originally being told May, then May/June, then June, then June/July, they can now no longer give me an update, could be June, could be August… I’ll try again next week 😂

White/Black/20’s, Ordered 22nd March, not saw many people with 20’s be assigned a VIN and certainly didn’t see any in any of the videos that have been previously released when loading.

There is a mix of lease and private sales in here. The problem with lease companies, the buyer doesn’t know if the RN you get was previously bulk ordered, or if it was fresh from Tesla. They may have run out of bulk early RNs and you get a fresh one.

As far as we know, there is only 1 possible ship on the way. 4000 cars to cover all of Teslas RNs. That’s not a lot to go around.

You will hopefully get a VIN soon.
Is this 4000 M3s, or MYs too?