Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there? Have you a link? Please

Is anybody else praying that their car will be on the next ship. Iā€™m soooooo frustrated with waiting.
Ordered M3LR midnight silver with 19ā€ on January the 29th.
I sometimes think theyā€™ve forgotten about me šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚.
My EDD has changed so many times from
March/April
June/July
November/December
Now Iā€™m on august 15-September 14th
I live in hope

Yeah I still have the ā€˜oldā€™ wording with no mention of VIN

I still believe that thereā€™s some Tesla employees somewhere having some fun with our accounts. Making slight changes that lead to new levels of optimism šŸ˜…
Haha they must be. I have the VIN message aswell
Is anybody else praying that their car will be on the next ship. Iā€™m soooooo frustrated with waiting.
Ordered M3LR midnight silver with 19ā€ on January the 29th.
I sometimes think theyā€™ve forgotten about me šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚.
My EDD has changed so many times from
March/April
June/July
November/December
Now Iā€™m on august 15-September 14th
I live in hope
well you have a 4 week EDD as opposed to the 6 week. But then we know what EDD can be like haha

This thread has now become a daily addiction!

My MY originally had an estimated delivery date of dec 5 - jan 19 but itā€™s now shifted to 2sep - 30sep so hopefully there might be some on the next shipment! Certainly looked like there were some Ys on the vid or from what I could tell from the footage looking at the thickness of the rear boot/screen or maybe itā€™s just wishful thinking!

Your MY has the same EDD as mine. I'm pretty confident that the car hasn't been made yet and you can rest assured I will be wanting to track its shipment to the UK. I will be looking for a departure from Shanghai at the end of this month/early Aug.
Out of interest, where are you two collecting from? My EDD is the last week of September but Iā€™m thinking itā€™s towards the end of the month because Iā€™m collecting in Newcastle and maybe if I ask to pick up further south I might get my car sooner

A thread to capture general 2022 ordering waiting room and delivery discussions.
Hi,

I placed my order for Model y in the uk on May first week, the delivery dates have been changed multiple times. Initially, Tesla gave the delivery timeline as 20 to 27 Jun, later changed to 25 Jul to 5 Aug and finally moved to 20 sept to 5 oct. It has been more thank 6 weeks since the last update. Hence hope the delivery date won't change any more. Has anyone experiencing the same thing with respect the delivery timelines and has anyone received the delivery of Model Y recently? If yes let me when did you order your car? Thanks

Hi,

I placed my order for Model y in the uk on May first week, the delivery dates have been changed multiple times. Initially, Tesla gave the delivery timeline as 20 to 27 Jun, later changed to 25 Jul to 5 Aug and finally moved to 20 sept to 5 oct. It has been more thank 6 weeks since the last update. Hence hope the delivery date won't change any more. Has anyone experiencing the same thing with respect the delivery timelines and has anyone received the delivery of Model Y recently? If yes let me when did you order your car? Thanks
If you only ordered the 1st week in May itā€™s safe to say you can sit tight for a while yet. We have all been there for months and heard nothing

Hi,

Welcome. Some MY orders from March were delivered in June, some orders from Feb are still waiting.
For lease orders it can depend on the stock/pre-orders that the lease co have ordered in advance, so you canā€™t necessarily compare.
I ordered direct in April, got told June and got a text from Tesla asking to confirm delivery. Iā€™m still waiting and hopeful for September.
Iā€™d say there is a none-zero chance you get a car in September, otherwise you are looking towards December.
Honestly Iā€™d forget you ordered it for a while and wait for them to text you with a VIN. Otherwise hanging around here will FSD you insane.

Edit: pun

Reactions: Daedalus
Lots of Irish folks like myself had our EDD pushed back yesterday evening from Aug\Sept to Q1 2023...about 2\3 weeks ago it got pulled in from Q1 to month or two from now, so seeing it go out again is disappointing but going on the fact the MORNING CHORUS is docked now, I'm hoping that it was just an administrative update and will see it go back to Aug\Sept in a couple of days šŸ¤ž
First rules of EDDā€™s, ignore EDDā€™s.

Just keep an eye on how many ships have set sail and what dates of orders are getting VINs in the forums.

Thursday 14 Jul 22

Tesla Ship Tracker

MORNING CHORUS has arrived at Shanghai South*. I'm not expecting her to depart to Singapore (refuel) until Sunday.
She is due to arrive in Southampton on 15 Aug and Zeebrugge on 18 Aug. As stated previously I expect this ship to be loaded with mostly RHD M3. Why? The itinerary is very similar to MORNING PEACE and the fact that no MY have been produced this month at all. Yes they may be possibly some dribs and drabs of leftovers from Q2 but it was a planned shutdown and the factory car parks were empty at the beginning of the month. MY production restarts with a vengence on Monday.

This is so far the only positively identified Tesla ship but looking at the recent WuWa video of the dockside, I expect the next ship to turn up as soon as MORNING CHORUS departs and I would expect it to head to Zeebrugge (but Koper is also an option).

Over in San Francisco VIKING QUEEN has still not departed to South Korea. I don't know why she has been delayed. The next ship to arrive, GLOVIS CORONA, is making her way up the Pacific coast but won't arrive until Saturday, so there's no rush. Since the Shanghai GF currently supply M3 and MY to S Korea the obvious question is what is it that Tesla are shipping to S Korea? Model S/X? Looking at the latest satellite images of Pier 80, there's just too many cars. I suspect that S Korea will just be a first stop and the bulk of the vehicles M3/MY will continue on to Taiwan. If you know otherwise, let me know!

Links of interest

*Shanghai South has many names - Luchao, Nangang, Hangzhou to name but 3 alternatives.
My EDD moved from November-December to August 12 - September 11 today, no VIN yet. Keeping fingers crossed!

I was wondering how do companies like Tesla organise production? If they are running two production lines at MIC, do they do RHD M3/ MY for one week and revert to LHD or aim to fulfil to the order book for a particular region then switch? With each RoRo taking 4500-6000 units, I understand that they will aim the production to fulfil the orders for the furthest countries early in the Q to allow for transportation time.

I was wondering how do companies like Tesla organise production? If they are running two production lines at MIC, do they do RHD M3/ MY for one week and revert to LHD or aim to fulfil to the order book for a particular region then switch? With each RoRo taking 4500-6000 units, I understand that they will aim the production to fulfil the orders for the furthest countries early in the Q to allow for transportation time.
Tesla produce as many cars as possible, are mindful of shipping timefames and everything is guided by selling the manufactured units (that means delivered to customers) by their financial quarter end, when they report to stock market. Logistics are king and assuming a 4 week journey from Shanghai to Europe means that ships need to leave Shanghai about 6 weeks from each quarter end. The next production is then diverted to local Chinese market which is huge and does not have the same shipping timings. A complicated but well tuned machine that concentrates on bulk production in batches rather than focusing on Mr Jones order which was made many months back....

Bear in mind that Shanghai is the production hub for China, Europe and Australasia (Mixture of LHD and RHD)