Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't know about anyone else, but something is changing in the ether as refreshing the range of insurance quotes I have had recently has resulted in a significant increase to over £800 just now. I really hope they fall again nearer the time I get notified of my delivery date :(
Wouldn't surprise me if they did what flight operators do and increase the prices as you check the same details over and over :rolleyes:

Maybe try clearing cookies/looking again in an incognito window?

Reactions: jmhumphreys
OK.
Just finished waiting (half an hour or so) on the phone with reps. Reg is assigned to my RN number and got it via text (text is standard template with pickup location, date, VIN and reg) 71 reg btw (as expected)

Called back to Peugeot, they honored the quote. total - 560 yearly with 250 voluntary (5 yrs no claims with company cars, living in small town in Leicestershire, age - almost 40 :D, no convictions etc.)

Other than that, Tesla rep said, that VIN indicates "newest variant" what ever this means, but he cannot say 100% if this means Ryzen.
But the NEWEST variant is quite promising

ace-ventura-football-dance.gif

This sounds a little odd - there are lots of AWD EVs out there now and growing fast. Surely 98% of insurers aren’t ignoring all of them? And many are 40-60k which even if total wrote off is still less than the thousands of range rovers and other expensive ICE cars driving around
Above does not encompass all AWD EVs, only Tesla AWD EVs and Teslas in General. Dont get me wrong, I am an avid Tesla owner but have learned the facts the hard way, researched them. Tesla due to the horrid lack of after-sales and support infrastructure in place not planning for the volumous sales and entry of the 100s of thousands of new Tesla entry this market yet supported by the same limited after-sales and support infrastructure of its infancy days makes it much more expensive for Insurers to repair Tesla vehicles and they are hindered by the fact that (1) Tesla has monopolised Body repairs to their own workshops hence further increasing cost of Tesla repairs; (2) For none-body repairs Tesla will refuse to sell 90% of the parts of all Tesla vehicle to us the owners, let alone service workshops unless they apply and become Authorised Tesla Service Providers by taking mandatory and lengthy training regiment which is very costly plus each applicant by mandate must purchase a minimum of a large amount of Tesla equipment as part of the Authorisation process. Hence you see that unlike other brand names from BMW, MB, Porsche to Lamborghini, Bentleys and RR which all have a very extensive after-sales and support infrastructure hence much lower repair costs, Tesla repairs are very costly hence 98% of insurers shy away from insuring Tesla's some by quoting existing customers with extremely high premiums which they know the customer well reject

Don't know about anyone else, but something is changing in the ether as refreshing the range of insurance quotes I have had recently has resulted in a significant increase to over £800 just now. I really hope they fall again nearer the time I get notified of my delivery date :(
Premiums very rarely and seldom drop, their upward movements are simply staging ground until the next record of Cost of Risk Analysis by insurers when they further increase. I would not wait any fix what ever level they offer you, extremely rarely will you come across anything less than already quoted as all insurance providers operate a shared computer system database and they record and make available for access and viewing of other insurers not only what you are quoted (support one another on open book basis) but share all the information you voluntarily provide them hence endeavouring to catch insurance cheats which in a way is good because this helps keeping the premiums at lower levels

Reactions: jmhumphreys
Premiums very rarely and seldom drop, their upward movements are simply staging ground until the next record of Cost of Risk Analysis by insurers when they further increase. I would not wait any fix what ever level they offer you, extremely rarely will you come across anything less than already quoted as all insurance providers operate a shared computer system database and they record and make available for access and viewing of other insurers not only what you are quoted (support one another on open book basis) but share all the information you voluntarily provide them hence endeavouring to catch insurance cheats which in a way is good because this helps keeping the premiums at lower levels
I wonder if the "seeing other quotes" cannot be seen as cartel agreement

OK.
Just finished waiting (half an hour or so) on the phone with reps. Reg is assigned to my RN number and got it via text (text is standard template with pickup location, date, VIN and reg) 71 reg btw (as expected)

Called back to Peugeot, they honored the quote. total - 560 yearly with 250 voluntary (5 yrs no claims with company cars, living in small town in Leicestershire, age - almost 40 :D, no convictions etc.)

Other than that, Tesla rep said, that VIN indicates "newest variant" what ever this means, but he cannot say 100% if this means Ryzen.

Variant will be shown on V55 logbook, it indicates Battery type
OK.

Variant is advised on the 5th line from top of your V55 logbook you shall receive from DVLA. It indicates the type of the battery the capacity (Kilowatt) in KW of the battery in your vehicle. The vehicles delivered prior to 1st Jan 2022 were of the variant E5CD = LG 75kWh; and those after 1st Jan 2022 shall be of the variant E5LD = LG 82kWh as Tesla ran out of the E5CD and the lucky recipients of new variant E5LD will receive vehicles with approx 9-10 miles (true mileage) more Range. The processors for post Jan 1 productions are Ryzen unless a few left over Intel's

The answer is it depends.

Historically in the UK there used to be a single change on the plate letter (not number) every year on 1st of August which led to August being the busiest month for car sales and used car values to be based on the plate rather than anything else.

The UK then switched to having the plate number change twice a year (1st March and 1st September) to try to flatten out the peak a bit however used car values are still based on the plate.

Depending on exactly how you are owning the car (buying outright, on a fixed term lease, something else) there may be a minor difference in perceived value a few years down the line - as previously commented on if offered the choice between two otherwise identical cars one having say a 66 plate and a 17 plate most people would be going for the 17 plate one.
I see... thanks @Kithran and @milesr3 for the kind replies!

OK.

Ah ok, I might have to do the same! I just called up the cheapest insurance quote I got and they said I'd need the reg to complete.

Which Tesla number did you call out of interest, was it the rep at the Tesla shop you've been working with or did you just call a more general customer service number?

Reactions: MDowson954
OK.

did you get your reg after speaking to them or was it text to you before? Looking to get my reg so I can complete insurance.

I wonder if the "seeing other quotes" cannot be seen as cartel agreement
It is but just as many other things here public at large don't take any action. Just like Roadworks which shutdown 80% of all roads during budget season, 90% 0f the 80% road closures and roadblocks do absolutely nothing, just place cones and barriers for 2-4 weeks and then once budgets are allocated (based on the alleged road works plan which never happen) they remove them and go on their meriold way. Its worst than cartel agreements but public just live with the hassle, look the other way and move on.

Variant is advised on the 5th line from top of your V55 logbook you shall receive from DVLA. It indicates the type of the battery the capacity (Kilowatt) in KW of the battery in your vehicle. The vehicles delivered prior to 1st Jan 2022 were of the variant E5CD = LG 75kWh; and those after 1st Jan 2022 shall be of the variant E5LD = LG 82kWh as Tesla ran out of the E5CD and the lucky recipients of new variant E5LD will receive vehicles with approx 9-10 miles (true mileage) more Range. The processors for post Jan 1 productions are Ryzen unless a few left over Intel's
not the battery, but MCU is interesting. have in mind that Grande California left Shanghai on 8th of Jan. Meaning that car, most probably, was built in December..

what rep said is says that it is the newest possible configuration

Last edited:
Ah ok, I might have to do the same! I just called up the cheapest insurance quote I got and they said I'd need the reg to complete.

Which Tesla number did you call out of interest, was it the rep at the Tesla shop you've been working with or did you just call a more general customer service number?
01628 450 660 and option 4 if I am not mistaken (when you already have placed order with them)

SHouldn't be lucky - shoudl be predictable - annoying thing with Tesla is not knowing exactly what you're buying in advance. Hasn't literally everywhere else in the world already switched last year to 82kwh batteries in the LR?

@yessuz you're going to have to livestream your collection and checking the MCU :)