Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It changed Thursday. I noticed it in the early evening. I got the text at the same time. I phoned my lease company who are going to look on to it. Hopefully we got in, if we did I e expect it will be more April than March as reading most posts on here say they ordered dec and Jan. I’m in Same position, been without a car since November and ordered tesla as the date said around March, hopefully it all works out.

If it helps I phoned tesla and the advisor did still say March, but he didn’t really say much to back that up, it could have been though as mine is a personal contact hire from a leasing company.
Looks like we’re gunna need a bit of 🤞🏼 then. Thanks for the info, Tesla friend ☺️

Reactions: platham
Well, today was bittersweet... the bitter bit is that I curbed a wheel already! This has got to be the world record for collection to curbed wheel?? 🤣😫 There are some traffic calming/chicaney bits in the area I live, and I turned in too tight into one of them and scraped the rear passenger-side wheel up pretty badly. The Tesla is longer than my last car and I guess I hadn't got used to the length at that point.

Anyway, I'd already booked into a Tesla Service Centre because there's a small scratch on my rear bumper that I noticed on inspection. As I was driving later, they phoned me up to ask if they could move the date I'd booked that for in the app. So while they were on the phone, I asked if they could fix curbed alloys and he said they'd do it for £85, so I got them to add that to my service request. To be honest though, I expect sooner or later it will happen again, the rim of the wheel extends beyond the tyre, so any impact of a wheel on a curb absolutely will be the wheel touching, not the tyre. So be warned new Model 3 w/Aero Wheels owners - be really really careful around curbs!

That's the bitter bit anyway. The sweet bit is everything else! I suppose the only other slightly disappointing thing is that I bought EAP and it is SO rubbish! The lane changing is so annoying... it never picks the right time to do it, and then by the time you've seen on the screen it wants to do it, checked mirrors/blind spots, confirmed on the indicator and by nudging the wheel, then waiting another few seconds for it to actually start moving, the gap is gone anyway. The one positive with EAP is that the auto parking I thought worked very well... much better than I've been led to believe by YouTube reviews. But, yeah, the navigate on autopilot lane change stuff is basically unusable in my opinion. I'm not putting that in the 'bitter' column though, as I put in for a refund so no harm done. At least I've tried it to know that it's not worth having, and have saved £3,400. I expect I'll need that £3,400 for all the alloy repairs I'll have to pay for over my ownership... 🤣
Maybe worth getting some Rimblades Products

Reactions: AutomaticMan
I’ve had a Tesla for a year before this new one and never checked - do the aero covers it provide any rim protection?
Yeah, as others have said, they couldn't have designed them to be more susceptible to kerbing if they tried! The plastic cover sits within a rim that extends out beyond the tyres. I have to say, I have never badly kerbed the alloy on any other car I've owned, and I made a right mess of one of these within my first few hours of ownership. Take from that what you will!
Can you refund? How long do you get - might abuse that to test it out if they don’t give us a free trial again this year

The navigate on autopilot lane change seems poor - wants to change too often. Might be ok if it overtook without confirmation. If you indicate in normal autopilot will it change lanes for you with EAP? That would have some value to me simple to reduce the bonging
You get 48hrs (and then if you go into 'upgrades' and then 'manage' in the app you can request a refund). One long motorway trip was enough for me to realise it doesn't work in reality yet though. But as you say, I did wonder whether it might be a bit less annoying if you didn't have to confirm the lane change and it just did it. I think a lot of the problem is that you have to go through a whole load of rigmarole yourself to make the lane change happen, and by that time you've often missed your chance. Perhaps if that law ever changes over here I'll give it another try (though, you only get one opportunity to try then refund I believe, so that would be a high stakes gamble). Also as you say, one of my bigger hopes was that it would limit bonging. I listen to music a lot on long trips, and the music constantly getting interrupted for AutoPilot bongs (why is there no option to turn these off?????) is irritating. But in reality, you get plenty of bongs with EAP too in my opinion because half the time you end up having to take over and do the lane change yourself, hence leading to bonging.

Thanks! Yeah, you will not be surprised to hear I did some googling about rim protection right after my post last night and spotted these 😄 Think I'll get them ordered!
Think it is time to dust my shopping list and make a final purchase list - seems rim protectors are staying on the list though :p

Yeah, as others have said, they couldn't have designed them to be more susceptible to kerbing if they tried! The plastic cover sits within a rim that extends out beyond the tyres. I have to say, I have never badly kerbed the alloy on any other car I've owned, and I made a right mess of one of these within my first few hours of ownership. Take from that what you will!

You get 48hrs (and then if you go into 'upgrades' and then 'manage' in the app you can request a refund). One long motorway trip was enough for me to realise it doesn't work in reality yet though. But as you say, I did wonder whether it might be a bit less annoying if you didn't have to confirm the lane change and it just did it. I think a lot of the problem is that you have to go through a whole load of rigmarole yourself to make the lane change happen, and by that time you've often missed your chance. Perhaps if that law ever changes over here I'll give it another try (though, you only get one opportunity to try then refund I believe, so that would be a high stakes gamble). Also as you say, one of my bigger hopes was that it would limit bonging. I listen to music a lot on long trips, and the music constantly getting interrupted for AutoPilot bongs (why is there no option to turn these off?????) is irritating. But in reality, you get plenty of bongs with EAP too in my opinion because half the time you end up having to take over and do the lane change yourself, hence leading to bonging.

I put mine in Joe mode which is supposed to reduce the bongs a bit, but maybe only reduces the noise in the back?

I put mine in Joe mode which is supposed to reduce the bongs a bit, but maybe only reduces the noise in the back?
I tried that and didn’t notice a difference on autopilot bongs sadly.

Actually my two biggest minuses on the car so far are probably the wheel vulnerability (clearly! Haha) and not having an option to turn off autopilot bongs.

Otherwise it’s quite a fantastic beast I must say. Those of you still waiting for your orders to come in will be very happy with it I think!