Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My lease runs out in June as well, bloody evoque cost me £400 on Friday.. 2 tyres and a worn drop link, and it has to go back for a warranty repair drive shaft bearing, I had the balance shafts replaced last year…. And there customer service was awful … for a 28k mile motorway car , well I’ll never buy another Range Rover.. looking forward to owning some electric hassle free
Ordered mine 7th February (3 days before they started quoting November delivery dates). My current lease runs out at the end of June, so as long as delivery is before then, I’m quite happy.
My lease runs out in June as well, bloody evoque cost me £400 on Friday.. 2 tyres and a worn drop link, and it has to go back for a warranty repair drive shaft bearing, I had the balance shafts replaced last year…. And there customer service was awful … for a 28k mile motorway car , well I’ll never buy another Range Rover.. looking forward to owning some electric hassle free motors

Delivery estimated May 29th - June 26th now. If it’s any later than that, I’m screwed! Has your delivery estimate changed too?

Reactions: znafgaz
When I ordered yesterday the estimated delivery was August. Now the website is saying May 30th to June 27th.
I don’t want the car until August so what options do I have to delay delivery?
As far as I know you cant 'delay' a delivery by more than 7 days. if you need longer than this then your vehicle is matched to someone else and you go back in the queue to be re matched at a later date

Reactions: Freds Dad
Amongst the "ManufacturingOptionCodeList" it has:
BT42 82kwh Battery (Panasonic , BT42, E3LD)
RD06 M3/Y Rear Performance motor 3D6

The RD06 option code may be wrong on the website I found, if it's correct it looks like Tesla have been making the slightly more powerful motor with the 82kWh battery??
No, if you look at the EU Certificate of Conformity permissible Variant and Version codes for v19 (30/07/2021) then the cat. 3 rear drive unit (DU) is only found in the Model Y. The M3P with BT42 (Variant E3LD) is only permissible with cat. 1 or cat. 2 DU (Version PGp### or PQp###).

As I understand it, the M3P in the US can be found with cat. 1 DU (3D1) but in the EU/UK it is always cat. 2. DU (3D6). Both are rated at 219kW.

The cat. 3 DU is also designated 3D6, but rated at 235kW.

v19_Table.jpg

Version 20 (19/11/2021) first introduced the permissible Variant E5LD with Version BZp###, so a 2021 inventory vehicle with the 3L battery, registered in September 2021 is version 19 at the latest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edward-Lancs
Congrats! Has that come via SMS today?
Oddly enough, no, it was an account message / email.

Been eagerly awaiting it, I have resisted getting in touch with Tesla though, I held back, restrained myself! Probably too busy snooping at accessories!

The great thing Tesla did was hold my delivery date for me though. My account was active, but they deliberately held matching until after the 15th. My guess is that there is now enough shipping data for 2nd half of March to finally allocate, and these last shipments skipped me deliberately. I asked them to hold for me > 15th as away 2nd week for work, and the first week gonna be chaos getting all the electrics sorted for charge point. It was kinda like 'tomb raider' where they have to do xyz, before they can do abc, then they can do ghi, to finally do the charge point. I ain't payin' for it, the local electric board is. Something about looped power, and grounding and isolation.. I just said aha, yeah, oh really? aha, right, aha.... ok do what you have to.. (I had no idea what they were going on about), the only bit I clocked was 'no cost to you' and, 'power off for 3 hours'. 😁😆

Reactions: jmhumphreys
Oddly enough, no, it was an account message / email.

Been eagerly awaiting it, I have resisted getting in touch with Tesla though, I held back, restrained myself! Probably too busy snooping at accessories!

The great thing Tesla did was hold my delivery date for me though. My account was active, but they deliberately held matching until after the 15th. My guess is that there is now enough shipping data for 2nd half of March to finally allocate, and these last shipments skipped me deliberately. I asked them to hold for me > 15th as away 2nd week for work, and the first week gonna be chaos getting all the electrics sorted for charge point. It was kinda like 'tomb raider' where they have to do xyz, before they can do abc, then they can do ghi, to finally do the charge point. I ain't payin' for it, the local electric board is. Something about looped power, and grounding and isolation.. I just said aha, yeah, oh really? aha, right, aha.... ok do what you have to.. (I had no idea what they were going on about, the only bit I clocked was 'no cost to you' and, 'power off for 3 hours'. 😁😆
That's interesting. I always thought they communicated via SMS. Well, if you are a November order same as me, there is hope I may hear something soon. Hope the installation goes well. I'm glad I don't have to worry about that as well as whether I will have a car to charge with it 🤣

Annoyingly it’s not allowing me to buy the insurance because it says I need to own the car first. Has anyone else had this with Direct Line?
I insured my Model Y with Direct Line and told them that I don’t pick it up until the 9th March. I had a Vin and a reg but it’s not on the DVLA database. They let me insure it and for the insurance to start the day before I pick it up.

That can't be right, how would anyone ever be able to insure a car with them before picking it up? Maybe it's an issue with the registration not being registered yet. Admiral took the reg for my car last week & scheduled my insurance to start on my pickup day even though the car isn't actually registered yet. Have you tried calling DL to have them sort it out?
I had to call DL as the Model Y wasn’t available as a choice. The lady I spoke to said that she can add the VIN and I could insure the car ready for pick up.

No, if you look at the EU Certificate of Conformity permissible Variant and Version codes for v19 (30/07/2021) then the cat. 3 rear drive unit (DU) is only found in the Model Y. The M3P with BT42 (Variant E3LD) is only permissible with cat. 1 or cat. 2 DU (Version PGp### or PQp###).

As I understand it, the M3P in the US can be found with cat. 1 DU (3D1) but in the EU/UK it is always cat. 2. DU (3D6). Both are rated at 219kW.
Thanks - I wasn't aware of the different versions of the 3D6 - I was going off the online manual which must be out of date as it lists the most powerful rear motor @ 220kWh:

The Tesla chap who emailed me the battery spec. of my vin (2170L) mentioned it was "confirmation of the battery associated with your order and all associated/current/latest performance Model 3." If correct this would imply the "latest" spec. is the older 82kWh battery.

I know you've had confirmation from live chat that your car is the latest spec. - have you got anyone to confirm the actual battery or motor code for your VIN? If some M3P are coming with the slightly more powerful motor I would prefer that.

My VIN is LRW3F7EL8NC5056XX - how does that compare to yours?

I've a USA made 2020 M3P that I'm trading in (3D3 & 3D1 motors shown on V5) - not sure why I'm even spending time thinking about a fraction more power but we all want the latest spec. toy!

Ordered M3 Performance, Multi-Coat Red, Black Interior on Sunday 12th. Not the most common spec.

Account is now showing May 8th - June 5th.

Not bad going.

I've the exact same spec coming in next month, submitted order early January, so not a long wait at all. 👍
When mine showed estimated timeframe within a day or two the VIN appeared in the source code.

Thanks - I wasn't aware of the different versions of the 3D6 - I was going off the online manual which must be out of date as it lists the most powerful rear motor @ 220kWh:

The Tesla chap who emailed me the battery spec. of my vin (2170L) mentioned it was "confirmation of the battery associated with your order and all associated/current/latest performance Model 3." If correct this would imply the "latest" spec. is the older 82kWh battery.

I know you've had confirmation from live chat that your car is the latest spec. - have you got anyone to confirm the actual battery or motor code for your VIN? If some M3P are coming with the slightly more powerful motor I would prefer that.

I've a USA made 2020 M3P that I'm trading in (3D3 & 3D1 motors shown on V5) - not sure why I'm even spending time thinking about a fraction more power but we all want the latest spec. toy!

My VIN is very similar to yours (slightly earlier), so if you're right I would also be getting the Panasonic 3L and therefore the DU Cat. 2.

Would prefer the LG with DU Cat. 3 since I'm getting the performance, but realistically it isn't anything that would make a meaningful difference. It isn't even a one-sided argument between the two set-ups and there are pros and cons to both, so I wouldn't get too down if your car has the 5L @milesr3 :)

Reactions: milesr3
I know you've had confirmation from live chat that your car is the latest spec. - have you got anyone to confirm the actual battery or motor code for your VIN?
Nope. I did have a lengthy chat with Tesla UK earlier this month, see Model Year 2022 Refresh M3/MY where I was initially told it was an 'old variant' but you can see that after some checking against the VIN by a Manager that they changed their minds! It was specifically requesting a vehicle with 340 miles range that prompted this check and the affirmation that I have 'the latest specification, per current design studio'.

I did double-check a few days later, see UK 2022 Orders to Delivery General Discussion specifically asking about battery type and the reply referred to 'newest battery tech' and being 'confirmed by the CoC'.

Terms like 'latest' or 'new version' are deliberately non-specific terms, and I won't know for sure what the version is until I see the CoC.

Mine is LRW3F7EL6NC5055##, not far from ending with 600. Yours is a later VIN and if you have confirmation of the 3L battery, which they should know, then it seems unlikely that I have the 5L. The 3L could still be the 'latest specification' being produced.

Last edited:
Rear wheel drive - Red - 19 inch alloys.

Order date 5th February 2022 with advertised “March delivery” before order.

Was given March 21st - March 31st estimated delivery for last two weeks.

Today changed to May 19th - June 16th!

Anybody else with similar spec or similar date changes?

Rear wheel drive - Red - 19 inch alloys.

Order date 5th February 2022 with advertised “March delivery” before order.

Was given March 21st - March 31st estimated delivery for last two weeks.

Today changed to May 19th - June 16th!

Anybody else with similar spec or similar date changes?
Ordered 6th Feb, RWD, Blue, Aero.

Stated March on order, Dates now 11-25 March for delivery.