Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just spoke to a chap called Thomas through web chat. He was very polite and told me to ignore what my account says as it is usually pessimistic with its delivery estimates. I'll just have to wait and see if it updates to something a bit more palatable. I feel kind of a dick tbh as I'm sure everyone at Tesla are working flat out.
I spoke to Thomas today. I ordered blue Sr3 on 03/01. He told me I will have a significant update early in March.
It can be, yes. There may be a car matching your order spec on a boat from China already.
the next boat in as far as i know is just off the coast of Algeria,due into southanmpton 22nd, called SFL Composer.

Does Tesla comes with any tyre repair kit or they just rely on breakdown service to come if you have flat tyre and then fix it? I’m planning trip across Europe in summer and this could be good option just in case.
Not as far as I know, I've bought 2 cans of the Holts stuff for when I get the car so at least I have something even if its just a temp fix to get home.

I ordered an M3 Silver, white interior and sports wheels today with expected delivery of August. I will be back with lots of questions.

Same here! Midnight Silver Model 3 Long Range ordered yesterday. The estimated delivery date was August 2022 as well. When I woke up this morning it's was showing May/June delivery date. From what I've read, however, is to take these estimated delivery dates with a very large pinch of salt. Good luck in acquiring yours in a timely fashion.

Reactions: Freds Dad
Hmm - so as with others in the thread I received an estimated delivery of 22nd-31st March earlier this week, however I was just on my account to check a couple of things for my current car and noticed that for my new car the date has pushed back to 19th May - 16th June.

My trade-in valuation has been confirmed and all is good to go from my end but this has thrown a big spanner in the works if it is correct.

It would be great to speak to an advisor but I have a feeling this could be a painful wait in the queue on the phone :rolleyes: maybe one for Monday.

Anybody else from the 22nd-31st March group had a similar update? (Car is M3LR Blue/Black/Aero)

Where is that information coming from? I haven't seen that. Can you signpost to a source? Quite significant for many of us I suspect.
Just build one in the configurator. You will get a Nov date for a base RWD or LR, last quarter it seemed to just be the RWD, but this is across all the European countries, not just the UK. They have more orders than they can build vehicles so they have decided to delay the vehicles that they make the least revenue on.

In previous quarters the number of white vehicles was considerably more than all the others put together when you saw photos at the docks and at the collection sites. I’m not sure people‘s choice has changed that much in just a few months To suddenly make white one of the least popular choices.

Same here! Midnight Silver Model 3 Long Range ordered yesterday. The estimated delivery date was August 2022 as well. When I woke up this morning it's was showing May/June delivery date. From what I've read, however, is to take these estimated delivery dates with a very large pinch of salt. Good luck in acquiring yours in a timely fashion.
Great minds and all that but I don’t want mine until August and was hoping it would be in September to take advantage of the new 72 registration.

I'm just wondering - Is there anyone who ordered last week and since then seen their estimated date change from August to the end of March who has had any confirmation from Tesla that it's an accurate change?

Personally, they told me they would get back to me on Thursday but I've heard nothing. I'm really trying not to get too excited as I keep expecting to log in and see the date back to August again. Makes planning my interim car a bit tricky too.
Ordered a model y last Saturday, EDD was May

This morning the EDD was showing March

However this afternoon it change to May-June

My delivery date has change from the last week in March to May-June.
If that is the case they can stick the order where the sun don't shine.
They might have some clever people at Tesla but their order and allocation system is frankly bullsh1t.
Same, also M3P was estimated for March now May. Live chat said it could still be end of March, but frankly I don’t believe anything Tesla say anymore. Just have to wait for the text.

Reactions: Ambergold
Same, also M3P was estimated for March now May. Live chat said it could still be end of March, but frankly I don’t believe anything Tesla say anymore. Just have to wait for the text.
Yep, no point in frustrating oneself calling and IM’ing Tesla people that have zero control on the outcome. The system is total BS and at some point they will pay the price for this and the “allegedly” poor aftersales. I’ll contradict myself here by saying I had a Model S and found the service excellent. Still holding firm with my orders all the same!

Ordered standard Model 3, white, black interior, 18” wheels. Estimated delivery is May 8th - June 5th. Does anybody know when my car is likely to leave China? Will I be able to track the boat it’s arriving on? Sorry for so many questions…
Probably the first/second week of April if you are going to get an early May date. It takes around 28 days to arrive in Southampton and then between 3 and 10 days for prep and movement in the UK before collection can occur.

There is a shipping thread which you can read all the speculation on which ship your car might be on - Tesla won't normally tell you the name of the ship.

Annoyingly it’s not allowing me to buy the insurance because it says I need to own the car first. Has anyone else had this with Direct Line?
That can't be right, how would anyone ever be able to insure a car with them before picking it up? Maybe it's an issue with the registration not being registered yet. Admiral took the reg for my car last week & scheduled my insurance to start on my pickup day even though the car isn't actually registered yet. Have you tried calling DL to have them sort it out?

Ordered standard Model 3, white, black interior, 18” wheels. Estimated delivery is May 8th - June 5th. Does anybody know when my car is likely to leave China? Will I be able to track the boat it’s arriving on? Sorry for so many questions…
Sounds like we have the same car in order, I placed my order 15th Jan… no details yet and I spoke to the chat guys and I need to wait for a VIN to be assigned … not expecting any updates now until April , I think we’re in the q2 batch