Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my number plate text a couple of hours ago, that's 19 days before collection, or 18 days 21 hours to be precise! :)

Also, the Money Saving Expert says that 23 days before collection is the optimal time to get a quote and that might be true on average, but it wasn't with Direct Line. I did a quote 23 days before collection and one today after receiving my number plate and the quote was cheaper today - granted the difference would barely cover the cost of a Happy Meal, but it was still cheaper nonetheless.

Reactions: Rgascoigne71
It was a simple process in the bank.

Things to note that others have mentioned is that Citibank is not a high street bank, which means their account is not matched. Don't worry about that too much :oops:
Final update: Emailed Tesla delivery team with screenshot and 30 min later my account is up-to-date with £0 owing :D

Have to admit that it may be hard to get Tesla on the phone or Chat, but they (on this occasion Ben) appear to me to be pretty efficient via email.

Reactions: Snowy77
Forgive me if I am posting in the wrong thread. I am keen to have feedback from the UK's first MY customers or rather now, Y owners.
It’s fine to ask here although there are a few other threads running specifically on the Model at launch and those taking delivery over the last few days. Might be worth a read if those as well

Reactions: Wattsisname
That's the part I'm more scared of ! Call me paranoid, but, i can imagine being cyber interdicted, send Tesla the money, and it doesn't show up on your account... then speaking to Davide and saying... no, that isn't a Tesla account!

Then head explodes, and Mrs has to clear up brain from my office room.

Think i watch way too much Rip-off Britain !
Just sent £1 as a trial! 👍

• Funny
Ordered M3 RWD in white with aero wheels. Placed order on the 25th of jan with leasing. Still not matched. Spoke to tesla multiple times via phone and chat was advised to wait for the text till we match you to a car. I was given March delivery but they can't give me an EDD as of yet and all i get is wait till you get matched. Anyone else experiencing the same answers with same specs?
Same for me, ordered 8th Feb, I have seen other feb orders matched but nothing for me as yet, I haven’t had much as there isn’t much to say I guess. First time leading and I find it frustrating I can’t see edd and view source code etc for vins etc, i am hoping some orders get fulfilled when cars land in blighty. Good luck

Final invoice received too!

Timeline of events to date:

2nd December 2021 - Placed order for M3/RWD/MSM/Black/19”/EAP with estimated delivery date March 2022
3rd February 2022 - VIN in source code and estimated delivery date changed from March 2022 to 2nd March to 16th March 2022
8th February 2022 - SMS delivery notification to say it was on its way
16th February 2022 - SMS notification to schedule collection
21st February 2022 - Final invoice received and payment required at least 48 hours before delivery
15th March 2022 - Scheduled collection

Have made little to no communication to Tesla regarding my order apart from a couple of emails in early January to the TA who helped with the test drive in November to check that delivery was on course for March, and whether I was going to get a 2022 model with the new AMD processor, etc.

On the final invoice it's showing 30 Miles on the odometer, is that normal? also no mention of the registration plate.
I received a credit note and invoice on the same day with the following details, mine also said 30 miles but it only had 3 miles at collection

1645468840239.png

Reactions: Rirawin
Yeah that's absolutely the most sensible thing to do though. I assume Tesla doesn't care about the amount sent... There's not some admin person spamming F4, then manually references an account number with payment.... Think they'd black-list me for making 15,000 £1 payments lol
I had the same thoughts, M3P's are not cheap, I sent a small amount to make sure it hit the account and showed on the portal, then I split the payments over multiple days, they just update the portal about an hour after payment, this is then shown as a debit in your final invoice pack which arrived about a week later

• Love
Yeah that's absolutely the most sensible thing to do though. I assume Tesla doesn't care about the amount sent... There's not some admin person spamming F4, then manually references an account number with payment.... Think they'd black-list me for making 15,000 £1 payments lol
I got my final invoice last Friday 18th and made a bank transfer of the odd £90 to make sure I got the details correct. Sure enough the payment showed up in my online balance owing within an hour.

Reactions: Dodo69 and Snowy77
How did you manage to sort your insurance before collection? When did you get a registered Reg?
Used DirectLine when it prompts for reg number select don't have it and then add the model details, fill in the rest of the form and then get your quote which is good for 30 days (hopefully you would have been provided your collection date from Tesla) once you are issued with your reg number just phone DL with the quote number and have them enter the reg number and purchase the policy.

Edit: The registration number does not have to be registered with DVLA to take out insurance and Tesla don't register vehicles until the day of collection. Just ask DL agent to add it in manually

Last edited:
Reactions: MoSkeeto
Just got insurance for my M3 RWD through Churchill for £236 which is very similar to what I have been paying over recent years for my current BMW 520d. To be fair, I am retired, under 5k miles per year, park in my driveway and have my wife (also retired) as a named driver, plus I rarely drive in heavy traffic or peak times. I am picking up the M3 next week and putting my existing personal reg plate on it, and as we know Tesla will not help with this. I had to call Churchill of course as the Tesla allocated reg number is not yet recognised by the quotation system and so you cannot purchase via the online quote without a recognised reg number. I gave the quote reference and explain about the reg number, no problem, then explained that I will be putting a personal reg on the car. I was asked if I will be doing this day 1, I said yes, and so he was happy to take my personal reg and put that on the policy to save me calling back to change it.
I'm not sure if this was lease or finance if this approach might be an issue, but as I'm buying the car myself I don't see why Tesla would have any issue with this. Worst case I do the DVLA reg transfer at the SC when I pick up as it's all online and instant these days. I will take a new set of personal reg plates with me.

Just got insurance for my M3 RWD through Churchill for £236 which is very similar to what I have been paying over recent years for my current BMW 520d. To be fair, I am retired, under 5k miles per year, park in my driveway and have my wife (also retired) as a named driver, plus I rarely drive in heavy traffic or peak times. I am picking up the M3 next week and putting my existing personal reg plate on it, and as we know Tesla will not help with this. I had to call Churchill of course as the Tesla allocated reg number is not yet recognised by the quotation system and so you cannot purchase via the online quote without a recognised reg number. I gave the quote reference and explain about the reg number, no problem, then explained that I will be putting a personal reg on the car. I was asked if I will be doing this day 1, I said yes, and so he was happy to take my personal reg and put that on the policy to save me calling back to change it.
I'm not sure if this was lease or finance if this approach might be an issue, but as I'm buying the car myself I don't see why Tesla would have any issue with this. Worst case I do the DVLA reg transfer at the SC when I pick up as it's all online and instant these days. I will take a new set of personal reg plates with me.
How did you answer the question around whether the car has a tracker or thatcham? Also what is your location? Thanks

Re: Worst case I do the DVLA reg transfer at the SC when I pick up as it's all online and instant these days

In an ideal, this would have been great, but unfortunately not an ideal world. When I lived in UK I learned that you can only use the DVLA online reg transfer utility if and when you receive the V5 logbook as they call it as the online transfer utility requires (and no way around it) the V5 ref number hence you will need to wait 2-3 days after delivery for the V5 sent to your registered address and only then perform the online reg transfer

Re: Worst case I do the DVLA reg transfer at the SC when I pick up as it's all online and instant these days

In an ideal, this would have been great, but unfortunately not an ideal world. When I lived in UK I learned that you can only use the DVLA online reg transfer utility if and when you receive the V5 logbook as they call it as the online transfer utility requires (and no way around it) the V5 ref number hence you will need to wait 2-3 days after delivery for the V5 sent to your registered address and only then perform the online reg transfer
Hmmmm, that could mess things up nicely. I knew it was too good to be true. :rolleyes:

I gave the quote reference and explain about the reg number, no problem, then explained that I will be putting a personal reg on the car. I was asked if I will be doing this day 1, I said yes, and so he was happy to take my personal reg and put that on the policy to save me calling back to change it.
I don't believe you can do that as you won't have the V5 for the Tesla to assign your number to. Its only instant and online if you have the V5 I'm afraid.