Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. First post, long-time lurker; the usual story...

Since my order in Jan (white M3LR, black interior, aero), I was assigned VIN in Feb. Placed a hold until March. EDD for the past week or so has been 21-31Mar, and today changed to May/June. Tesla confirmed on the phone that the new EDD is 'only a rough estimate', and chances are I'll be assigned a VIN for March delivery. My strategy however will include many, many refreshes of the Inventory page to increase my chances for March!

Have any of the Q1 2022 deliveries come with the new rear light clusters (new brake lights and dual reversing light)? Not been able to find any evidence of it on this forum so far. Purely from a vanity standpoint, I much prefer the new look:

Hi all. First post, long-time lurker; the usual story...

Since my order in Jan (white M3LR, black interior, aero), I was assigned VIN in Feb. Placed a hold until March. EDD for the past week or so has been 21-31Mar, and today changed to May/June. Tesla confirmed on the phone that the new EDD is 'only a rough estimate', and chances are I'll be assigned a VIN for March delivery. My strategy however will include many, many refreshes of the Inventory page to increase my chances for March!

Have any of the Q1 2022 deliveries come with the new rear light clusters (new brake lights and dual reversing light)? Not been able to find any evidence of it on this forum so far. Purely from a vanity standpoint, I much prefer the new look:

I think all 22 models will have the new rear lights. I ve seen a few 71 plates with the new lights in the roads

Delivery appointment received

M3 LR white/black 18” ordered 21/11

VIN in source for mid Feb then I placed on hold for March delivery

Delivery appointment (3 day window offered) 16th March Bristol (seems to be a car park on the edge of Avonmouth Industrial estate)

It’s been a long wait, but to be fair Tesla have done what they said they would do.

I have a trade in but I think I’ve decided to cancel it, 2016 BMW 320d Touring M Sport, I think I can get better than the offer

Reactions: jmhumphreys
Can I ask when you had your sms (generic) sms?
Mine is a bit odd. I originally ordered in late November and was asked about delivery in Mid December. Declined as I wanted a 22 car in March. Again was offered to pick up in February, declined again. Was told ETA was March, which then slipped to May-June, which after talking to Tesla was brought back to March. So, I’ve had a lot of texts :)

Was told ETA was March, which then slipped to May-June, which after talking to Tesla was brought back to March. So, I’ve had a lot of texts :)
Could I ask how you contacted Tesla? I got a courtesy email from the showroom who offered me a (late) test drive saying to contact them if I needed anything, but I've never received a single reply from them when asking a couple of single questions, and when I call them I just get a "We're busy but we'll be in contact with your order date" response. So the guildford showroom is spectacularly unhelpful.

My 31 Jan M3 LR 18" order has just gone back to May/June from March 21-31, which would be rather a disappointment... I had plans for road trips, and was under the impression I was ordering a car which was in transit already.

Has anybody actually seen the date correct itself without intervention?

it can be transferred. Or just buy it immediately and then get the other one refunded :)
I have just done this. Be aware that if you are leasing it is slightly more complicated to do. Essentially, you have to complete a new lease application if the new car is a different value. All applications have now moved online so Tesla no longer process for you. I've spent much of today sorting this out fir mine, but it is possible.

Reactions: Mrklaw
Could I ask how you contacted Tesla?
Use the chat on the website (have your RN to hand). On a desktop browser, go to either the new car configure page or the inventory & refresh occasionally. Eventually you'll get a chat bubble pop up at the bottom of the window. It only seems to work during business hours & presumably when someone is free on their end to chat.

There are some reports of March deliveries being delayed until May now. Worryingly the delivery that mine was scheduled for : 21st to 31st March.

I'm going to double check.
I've hears those too, but I was also told today that a new batch of cars are waiting to be allocated and had been pushed through for matching in the last 24 hrs. Rather annoyingly after changing my order earlier this week, my original oder (see my signature) had just been lined up for fulfilment between 28 and 31 March. Hang in there everyone else waiting for a March delivery. There are more to come through!

Reactions: Snowy77
Please say others are having issues with the Tesla app and website?! It keeps giving me an error and the one time it loaded… my car on order had disappeared!!
All I can say is that it seems to be one of the most buggy websites I've ever encountered. I had quite a long chat with one of the TAs on chat about it and he said the same. Errors seem to happen quite often. I don't think I have ever hit refresh quite so much as on the Tesla site 🤣