Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if the passenger gets in first while the driver is maybe putting something in the boot the car will set the driver settings for the passenger?
Tesla will have a setting for a priority device. So if two people got in, the car will ignore the subordinate in favour of the priority device. Usually the owner will be set to priority. Assumably if no priority, and you have a bunch of people with mobile keys... Then I'd like to to see what happens for the lol's.

There's a quick vid on it here

Reactions: Freds Dad
There's a setting to select a priority driver in this case

priority is only for phone connection not key/profile preferences.

The simplest answer is it guesses and sometimes gets it wrong. You can work around that depending how often you swap drivers.
- Set nobody to auto-set profile so the phones are just keys. When you get in it'll be how it was last time, if the driver is different you press your name and choose your profile from the list. This can work if mostly the same person drives every day
- Set the tallest person to auto set a profile, shortest person not. If you swap semi-regularly, this can prevent frustrations if you're much taller than your other half (like my wife and I). I can get in, and if she gets in it'll be 'easy access' effectively and then she can select her profile to move everything as needed.

Personally, I'll be the ONLY person with a mobile bluetooth unlock. Guests etc can use a keycard. You get two, and each keycard is unique, so if partner wants to use your car, they can set a profile to a specific keycard, and I'd label the keycard so we know it's hers.. I'd just find it way easier to manage guest drivers using the cards. I'd also set a PIN to drive if loaning my car to another person, if they get the card snatched, then atleast it's another level of security.

Personally, I'll be the ONLY person with a mobile bluetooth unlock. Guests etc can use a keycard. You get two, and each keycard is unique, so if partner wants to use your car, they can set a profile to that specific keycard. I'd just find it way easier to manage guest drivers using the cards. I'd also set a PIN to drive if loaning my car to another person, if they get the card snatched, then atleast it's another level of security.

if thats the way you'll go for your partner, depending on their preference you can set up easy access at the same settings as your position. So you get in the car in your seat position etc, and save as a new profile called easy access.

Then for your partner you can check the 'easy access' option so when they get out of the car, it'll move into the easy access position so they can get out easier - and means no change needed when you get back in the car :)

Reactions: Snowy77
if thats the way you'll go for your partner, depending on their preference you can set up easy access at the same settings as your position. So you get in the car in your seat position etc, and save as a new profile called easy access.

Then for your partner you can check the 'easy access' option so when they get out of the car, it'll move into the easy access position so they can get out easier - and means no change needed when you get back in the car :)
Easy access is a good shout. She's half my size and likes to drive wedged up against the steering wheel set to lowest setting LOL.. 🤯

So my account is now complete. There's nothing left to do now other than wait for registration and delivery. I'm all paid up; in fact I'm due some money back from Tesla. The car is waiting for me at Southampton docks and has been since I put my order in for it over a week ago.

So what are the chances Tesla will actually pull their fingers out and allow me to collect this weekend? It's in their interests; one less irritating customer to worry about surely 🤣

So the chances are ZERO!

Delivery slot has slipped for the 3rd time in a week. Another 2 weeks to wait. I'm beyond caring about it now :rolleyes:

• Informative
Reactions: Snowy77
I've just contact Craig on chat and he pleasant guy to deal with.

My EDD is 6-13 March at Newcastle after getting it changed earlier in the week from May-June.

I was expecting a reg and a collection date by now but there is still nothing on the system apparently. The only thing he could say is that the car is already in the UK but he doesn't know where 🤷

Have had radio silence since choosing delivery slot for Bristol 16th March despite emailing last week to say I no longer want to trade in. Emailed Delivery team again today and got a quick response, registration and VIN confirmed by text (same as VIN in source for last 2 weeks) and an email from Emma confirming that trade in is withdrawn. No actual invoice, but Tesla bank details appeared in the app.

I've made a £10 test payment, where can I check to see that it's been received? In the app, or website?

My delivery day is 11/22. Today, I received an update from Tesla I’m asked to e-sign my lending agreement prior to my delivery day; however, it’s also already dated for 11/22. Has anyone experienced this? Should I be able to sign the pdf prior to my delivery day? I’ve already paid my down payment if that helps.