Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read somewhere around 1600 a week at the moment, not sure how factual that is

According to Tesla live chat, they will come from Shanghai and the eta is still May/June. The agent didn't know if the batch had left or not yet as "they only get told when they at a certain point in the Journey"

I am not sure how much of what she knows is factual or just assumption though but make of it what you will
I would go with assumption 😂

Either is sales page delivery dates are completely made up and random. Or, Giga Berlin will service all of Europe's model Y's, LHD and RHD.

Is there any information out there about how many they're producing daily at the moment?
Just would like to know upfront what I'm accepting
There is a high probability that it will be a Tesla.......but in these troubled times....🤞😁

• Funny
Reactions: BlueManc
That’s awesome. What was your EDD? Do you have a VIN yet?
No VIN on the app yet. Just a text to schedule delivery with options of 27th to 29th April. I'm abroad at the min so don't have access to a desktop to check the source etc. EDD was August, then May/June, then June 2 week window and then yesterday they found one down the back of the settee or something

No VIN on the app yet. Just a text to schedule delivery with options of 27th to 29th April. I'm abroad at the min so don't have access to a desktop to check the source etc. EDD was August, then May/June, then June 2 week window and then yesterday they found one down the back of the settee or something
That is amazing; whilst mine and most others have EDDs going south, yours has closed up from August to almost NOW!

It is an ill wind that blows no Tesla ship towards our shores......

Reactions: Snowy77
So to add to what others say from live chat - they're still expecting May / June. I suspect they know nothing more than we know (Or likely less).
For info my M3RWD White/Black ordered end of Jan through Zen.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-13 at 14.51.45.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-13 at 14.51.45.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 78
I @Snowy77 in particular was interested in this but here is my black badge experience:

Super easy!

- tape up the ‘v’ point of the T so you have a guide for putting the new one on. I later highlighted the edges with a pencil so I could see it easier.

View attachment 793153
68260907-3CA7-4C89-BD05-68CD515560DA.jpeg

- use a hairdryer or heat gun to gently heat up the badge. Start in particular area though. I started at the bottom of the point.

- once you’ve heated it for 30 seconds - 60 seconds use some dental floss to separate the badge from the paint. Gentle! If you have heated well this will be easy…

- keep heating the next part and flossing and then just keep repeating until it’s all off.

- you will be left with black foam adhesive on the body.

View attachment 793152
39E65C8D-4E62-487A-930E-B2BFBC432A00.jpeg

- use your nail or credit card and some more heat and this will come off. You may be left with some residue so just use a micro fibre to take this off.

- to really clean the area and remove the last bits of residue use a light detergent.

- dry the area off with a microfibre

- if you’re a fool and used cello tape like me because that’s all you have then you might find it hard to see the edges of the tape for alignment. Use a pencil to highlight the edge so you have a clearer guide line.

View attachment 793154
E74061F0-3B7B-4087-9610-7DB608543832.jpeg

- now heat up your new logo adhesive. 10-20 seconds max needed

- start with the T. Peel the backing off the bottom point area and the top two edges of the top of the T. Now align it onto the body.

- once happy with the placement press down the bottom point and slow lift off the backing.

- double check alignment and press down all over. Ideally heat it all up again and then use a microfibre to press down so you don’t burn yourself.

- now heat the top bar of the logo

- peel either side so you are left with the backing in the middle and the two ends sticking up above the bar

- now align on the body and press down once happy. Remove the backing fully.

- remove your tape and clean area

Done!!

Doesn’t take long… I did front first and that took 35 mins maybe. Back one took 15 mins max as I knew what I was doing by then. Any questions let me know. Honestly changes the look so much. I waaaaaay prefer it to the silver (personally)

061061EC-FD53-40BA-96E7-D35CECA9FDF2.jpeg
47026990-085E-4BAF-9431-8194DE10D762.jpeg
2C2500F5-36D6-4CCF-BCEF-924ED06565DD.jpeg
2CA7E7A1-03F7-4C2D-82FA-216B1B9F573B.jpeg

I @Snowy77 in particular was interested in this but here is my black badge experience:

Super easy!

- tape up the ‘v’ point of the T so you have a guide for putting the new one on. I later highlighted the edges with a pencil so I could see it easier.

View attachment 793153
View attachment 793159
- use a hairdryer or heat gun to gently heat up the badge. Start in particular area though. I started at the bottom of the point.

- once you’ve heated it for 30 seconds - 60 seconds use some dental floss to separate the badge from the paint. Gentle! If you have heated well this will be easy…

- keep heating the next part and flossing and then just keep repeating until it’s all off.

View attachment 793152
View attachment 793160
- use your nail or credit card and some more heat and this will come off. You may be left with some residue so just use a micro fibre to take this off.

- to really clean the area and remove the last bits of residue use a light detergent.

- if you’re a fool and used cello tape like me because that’s all you have then you might find it hard to see the edges of the tape for alignment. Use a pencil to highlight the edge so you have a clearer guide line.

View attachment 793154
View attachment 793161

- start with the T. Peel the backing off the bottom point area and the top two edges of the top of the T. Now align it onto the body.

- once happy with the placement press down the bottom point and slow lift off the backing.

- double check alignment and press down all over. Ideally heat it all up again and then use a microfibre to press down so you don’t burn yourself.

- peel either side so you are left with the backing in the middle and the two ends sticking up above the bar

Done!!

Doesn’t take long… I did front first and that took 35 mins maybe. Back one took 15 mins max as I knew what I was doing by then. Any questions let me know. Honestly changes the look so much. I waaaaaay prefer it to the silver (personally)

View attachment 793156View attachment 793157View attachment 793158View attachment 793162

Attachments

• 01E943FA-4954-437B-93C7-40CBBDBD3DEF.jpeg
    01E943FA-4954-437B-93C7-40CBBDBD3DEF.jpeg
    315.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 681B1D18-47E1-4318-B482-5C862E74F5F3.jpeg
    681B1D18-47E1-4318-B482-5C862E74F5F3.jpeg
    243.6 KB · Views: 47
  • AE6641D7-2169-4357-B696-6098D8EAF4C1.jpeg
    AE6641D7-2169-4357-B696-6098D8EAF4C1.jpeg
    200.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 2C10E6A8-309D-40D9-A7D0-4B50ADA24CEC.jpeg
    2C10E6A8-309D-40D9-A7D0-4B50ADA24CEC.jpeg
    316.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Love
Reactions: Zeit93 and Snowy77

Super easy!
Fantastic job! yes that looks brilliant in the black, on white that seems totally sync and contrasty with the black detailing.

I'm sold!

Thanks for sharing the photos! On a side note, you can really see the sparkle with the pearl white paint.

Awesome. 🍻

Super easy!

View attachment 793153
View attachment 793159

View attachment 793152
View attachment 793160

View attachment 793154
View attachment 793161

Done!!

View attachment 793156View attachment 793157View attachment 793158View attachment 793162
Fantastic job! yes that looks brilliant in the black, on white that seems totally sync and contrasty with the black detailing.

I'm sold!

Thanks for sharing the photos! On a side note, you can really see the sparkle with the pearl white paint.

Awesome. 🍻
Though a Magpie and therefore a lover of shiny and sparkly things, Your black T on your sparkling white car does look superb.

So to add to what others say from live chat - they're still expecting May / June. I suspect they know nothing more than we know (Or likely less).
May is very very optimistic. I need whatever Emma is having! 😂😌
If Shanghai get their skates on they could very well clip the last week of MAY for a UK delivery.

🍪

I also decided to text my rep today as my EDD started in November, came forward to as early as May 18th and has now slipped back to June 18th.

Rather like you, I'm rather skeptical with the factory being shut that they can fulfill these orders. My rep apologised for the situation but "didn't have any more info" regarding the accuracy of these windows... And then offered to cancel my order if I wanted.

I find it odd that a vehicle manufacturer doesn't have details about factory throughput, shipping dates or even whether my car hasn't been built/is being built or what.

For a premium brand, they aren't doing that great at managing customers expectations I have to say

Like others, my EDD was also moved back to 30th May to 27th June. I've stopped refreshing the order page 7 times a day now and told myself it will come when it will come. June is still way ahead of the November EDD when I was placing the order so happy days.

I think myself very fortunate to be in a position to buy a 50k car so if I have to wait a few months for it so be it, there are much worse problems in the world right now than me getting my car. Hopefully the factory workers in Shanghai are safe and are able to return to work soon, the lockdown over there looks pretty damn tough from what I've seen in the media.

Like others, my EDD was also moved back to 30th May to 27th June. I've stopped refreshing the order page 7 times a day now and told myself it will come when it will come. June is still way ahead of the November EDD when I was placing the order so happy days.

I think myself very fortunate to be in a position to buy a 50k car so if I have to wait a few months for it so be it, there are much worse problems in the world right now than me getting my car. Hopefully the factory workers in Shanghai are safe and are able to return to work soon, the lockdown over there looks pretty damn tough from what I've seen in the media.
I tried this for a day also, didn't work.

Well said!