Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dude, we get it. You’ve bought three Tesla’s but still hate the company. With every post, I already know (with 100% certainty!!!) that you will bang on about a missing data enabled USB-C port, or that Tesla’s supposed improvement are, in fact, a downgrade for x, y and z reasons.

Does it not get a bit tiresome for you? Do you not start thinking to yourself “you know what? I’ve ordered and have had delivered 3 Tesla’s already and had a chance to voice my complaints, maybe I’ll just leave it at that and leave this thread for people with current orders and soon-to-be deliveries”?

I dunno, I just feel that if you’re going to come on here, to a thread of eagerly anticipating (many soon to be first time) Tesla owners, now shouting the same sheeeit you’ve been saying for MONTHS, that maybe you need to be called out on it.

Do feel free to shout out on it, I only voice either facts (which can not be disputed and these facts many are unaware of hence helpful to some, not you) or my opinions which in 99% of cases to date have eventually been either validated by either experiences or articles by professional automotive journals (which also are no help to you). It is okay for you to think what you wish including your opinion that I dislike Tesla's, fact is it is not the case. In fact, I like them so much that I complete all the missing functionality with professionally installed addons. The fact that you dispute due to not liking what someone says is no reason to attack their integrity or opinions, simply just state your own without bad-mouthing what others have to say

My EDD has disappeared and have the message “As your delivery date approaches, we’ll contact you to confirm your registration, payment method and, if applicable, trade-in details.” Take it as a positive or negative? Lol
Looks like there was a UI update to the website. There is also the drop down menu on the top right that has appeared and that has the EDD.

Reactions: Nicki Minaj
My EDD has disappeared and have the message “As your delivery date approaches, we’ll contact you to confirm your registration, payment method and, if applicable, trade-in details.” Take it as a positive or negative? Lol
Hi, the exact same thing has happened to me. I still have the EDD of 16th May to 13th June......

I hope this is a positive sign. I had already completed the finance and paid the deposit so was ready to go.

Reactions: Nicki Minaj
I, too, feel that by hiding and removing information, Tesla wanted to make the order status page vaguer to reduce the number of our calls/chats/panics!

They don't realise that any change or an undo of a change (and maybe even no change at all) to the delivery dates, website layout, fonts or colours acts like an ice cream van song.

Only 47 more sleeps...

Fantastic job! yes that looks brilliant in the black, on white that seems totally sync and contrasty with the black detailing.

I'm sold!

Thanks for sharing the photos! On a side note, you can really see the sparkle with the pearl white paint.

Awesome. 🍻
Thanks snowy! Yes the contrast works perfectly! Deffo on our white cars with the black detailing everywhere else. Really works! Super happy. Deffo! The sparkle on the paint is beautiful. I actually only just noticed it today. Excuse the dirt hiding it though! Haha

Thanks snowy! Yes the contrast works perfectly! Deffo on our white cars with the black detailing everywhere else. Really works! Super happy. Deffo! The sparkle on the paint is beautiful. I actually only just noticed it today. Excuse the dirt hiding it though! Haha
you did a great job....i think it works well with white maybe not as impressive with other colours

Reactions: dilly28
So my M3LR arrived complete with swirls 2 weeks ago and tomorrow she goes into Tesla Service for some paint correction. I'm honestly a little fearful of what will happen (and 2nd guessing myself on whether its actually worth doing, is it only me that notices the micro scratches?). For our long awaited new car collections, paint condition (i.e will it have been washed with a brillo pad) is a concern voiced many times in this forum so I'll try and keep you informed around the outcome from the perspective a fussy new owner. Hopefully it won't be a factor for any of you but it would be great to give a good news update that Tesla were able to remedy minor swirls (my car is black which is pretty much the most challenging colour for swirls, but also pretty amazing mirror finish on uneffected areas). I know that strictly speaking this is an orders to delivery forum but I hope it will be relevant for soon to be new owners (be it good bad or ugly), also its the only group I've interacted with and I'm not ready to move on yet! Fingers crossed I'll have some nice before/after pics in a few days.

Reactions: pault1981
Same as mine. I wonde
So my M3LR arrived complete with swirls 2 weeks ago and tomorrow she goes into Tesla Service for some paint correction. I'm honestly a little fearful of what will happen (and 2nd guessing myself on whether its actually worth doing, is it only me that notices the micro scratches?). For our long awaited new car collections, paint condition (i.e will it have been washed with a brillo pad) is a concern voiced many times in this forum so I'll try and keep you informed around the outcome from the perspective a fussy new owner. Hopefully it won't be a factor for any of you but it would be great to give a good news update that Tesla were able to remedy minor swirls (my car is black which is pretty much the most challenging colour for swirls, but also pretty amazing mirror finish on uneffected areas). I know that strictly speaking this is an orders to delivery forum but I hope it will be relevant for soon to be new owners (be it good bad or ugly), also its the only group I've interacted with and I'm not ready to move on yet! Fingers crossed I'll have some nice before/after pics in a few days.
To expect, what has become the hallmark description of any object, " in show room condition" is hardly fussy when a £50 to £60k+
new car is concerned.

There have been many accounts on the forum of swirls, caused, it is generally thought, by the hand over teams' wipe-down process. I looked over a new Y in Midnight Silver the other day; its many swirly areas were very noticable.

I am very pleased to learn that Tesla not only accepts responsibility for paint correction but am also surprised that they have in house detailing skills.

It would be nice if the problem were solved at source. However, notwithstanding my own fussiness, I do feel for these young Teslerettes, a handful of whom have to prepare several hundred cars in short order for handover.

Then again, it cannot be beyond the company that has built the world's most impressive charger network to serve its beautifully engineered EVs, to then knock up a drive through brushless car wash at the collection points.

Just don't let anyone hand dry them😱

Reactions: ScorpioRising