Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, I don’t know why, but I love watching detailing vids on YouTube. I stumbled upon this one and damn… 😍
"Definitely a lot more work than I initially thought", yeah I'll second that. The paint is very soft and marks easily. Mine is still not perfect but I undid some of the buffer marks I created removing the swirls it came with.

Also be prepared to discover one or two paint defects when you detail it...

Reactions: QuanTim
Hi all!

I have ordered my first ever Tesla Model 3 (SR) ... ordered on Feb 15th and had the text confirmation from Tesla on 23rd Feb.
I'm leasing (ZenAuto)...

Anyone know how long delivery times are roughly ? Not seeming to get much back from Lease Company :)

There will be zero deliveries to the Uk in May. Early June at the best. From the point of sail to you going onto collect your car depending on where you live will be 5 weeks at best. No boats in China have been loaded or even look as though they are going to be loaded. Keep an eye when Mr M on shipping tells you a ship is on its way then count 4-5 weeks and you will get an accurate EDD
View Design Details

Estimated delivery: May 2022​

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame will be based on order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration. This update happened an hour ago

• Love
Reactions: delta0
Have you got the rear passenger windows tinted as well. Can you share where you got this done
Yes, sorry, that’s what I meant by rear windows.

Rear passenger windows, rear quarter lights and whole glass roof. The glass roof has been covered in two pieces and the joint is visible inside where there is marginal overlap. Can’t see anything from outside, of the join that is. Perhaps if you used a magnifying glass, haven’t tried.

From the outside it’s perfect and I’m more than happy with what I paid. I was quoted twice as much elsewhere (Cheltenham) and they were insistent on cash, which was a bit weird.

These guys are a husband and wife team who do it in their garage. Been going 20 years apparently.

Always like to support local as you can go back if any problems.

Random question, going on our first long journey next week and want to keep the boys entertained… anyone found any good iPad holders for the rear seats?

Also, connectivity wise, any tricks with using the cars data or is it only possible to tether from my phone?

Yes, sorry, that’s what I meant by rear windows.

Rear passenger windows, rear quarter lights and whole glass roof. The glass roof has been covered in two pieces and the joint is visible inside where there is marginal overlap. Can’t see anything from outside, of the join that is. Perhaps if you used a magnifying glass, haven’t tried.

From the outside it’s perfect and I’m more than happy with what I paid. I was quoted twice as much elsewhere (Cheltenham) and they were insistent on cash, which was a bit weird.

These guys are a husband and wife team who do it in their garage. Been going 20 years apparently.

Always like to support local as you can go back if any problems.

Thank you very much. I need to clear this with the lease company first.

Reactions: ElectricPolice
Unlucky for you, MSM looks far better than blue
🤔

E3A76513-AC7B-4E0A-95B0-D3CDBC2CBFD8.jpeg

Does mean every car order from April 17th or delivered?
The official internal communication (which you should be able to find on twitter or reddit) states cars ordered BEFORE April 17th should include the UMC (Mobile Charger). However - the wording is ambiguous - so you might need to fight / raise this on delivery if its not included.

Personally - and it pains me to say this, but this might be the last Tesla I order - until they can escape these short term quarterly cycles, I think this s**t is going to continue, removing features, finding ways to charge customers more (e.g. lease customers paying for PC). They're in a cycle where they can't not show a gain Q on Q - and we're the ones literally paying for it.

That said - the only benefit from it all right now - is that Tesla is continuing to deliver cars at pace.... so better than ordering from VAG right now!

Reactions: Nicki Minaj