Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not that anyone cares, but per my earlier post, I pulled the trigger on the Y and cancelled the 3!

I figured, our net happiness as a couple has gone up since my partner's joy has increased more than mine has decreased going from a 3 to a Y. So it's a win-win all round!

Plus, we should get this 2-3 months earlier and might just catch the tail end of summer in the new car!
I care - especially for my confirmation bias.
MY is M3++
Now for the real question - what colour? Reminder that black or white aren’t colours.

Reactions: QuanTim
Had the same until yesterday, now states 20th - 30th June.
Mine went from May to June and now it’s saying August- September
22407FF5-A76A-47D2-8F5C-1ED4077E1FC8.jpeg

I care - especially for my confirmation bias.
MY is M3++
Now for the real question - what colour? Reminder that black or white aren’t colours.
Yeah it’s a bit disappointing that the black is flat. It looks nice from afar and think the MYP looks great in all black, but why is it flat!? White has opposite effect on me, looks looovely up close with the pearl effect.

Ordered in Blue. Same spec as what we had on our M3 order except with the Y, we got the black induction wheels. Just think that’s such a nice combination 👌

Reactions: t0ne and Toblerone
Yeah it’s a bit disappointing that the black is flat. It looks nice from afar and think the MYP looks great in all black, but why is it flat!? White has opposite effect on me, looks looovely up close with the pearl effect.

Ordered in Blue. Same spec as what we had on our M3 order except with the Y, we got the black induction wheels. Just think that’s such a nice combination 👌
The correct answer! #TeamBlue

Im also Blue with 20s. Went with the intention of ordering the MSM (grey!) but the blue one was in the showroom with the induction wheels and looked sensational. Saw a grey one outside on a sunny day and didn’t think it looked quite as good especially around the front.

All opinions backed by Mrs T, who is definitely the decision maker when it comes to colour 😅

Reactions: QuanTim and t0ne
The correct answer! #TeamBlue

Im also Blue with 20s. Went with the intention of ordering the MSM (grey!) but the blue one was in the showroom with the induction wheels and looked sensational. Saw a grey one outside on a sunny day and didn’t think it looked quite as good especially around the front.

All opinions backed by Mrs T, who is definitely the decision maker when it comes to colour 😅
Good choice, blue with 20s here too, thought the MSM looked good in flesh, but current car is very similar colour and wanted a change :)

Reactions: QuanTim
I just bit the bullet and ordered a Blue Model Y with Induction Wheels... After looking at what my bank would offer in terms of interest rate I thought sod it, why not, totally affordable.

I will be selling my 2019 Model 3 SR+ to mostly finance the purchase, with a loan making up the rest. Anyone on here have recent experience of selling a Model 3 privately? And I guess the advice would be to offload sooner rather than later right? Driving our runabout (a 10 year old Seat Ibiza) won't be much fun for several months but at least it will make getting into that new Model Y all the sweeter.

Bring it on!

I’ve got those wheels on my model 3 performance. You need to be so careful as they mark so easily. I’ve never damaged a wheel in years of driving but since I’ve had the performance I’ve done it 3 times. It’s a common complaint amongst turbine wheel owners. So frustrating as they do look good

I’ve got those wheels on my model 3 performance. You need to be so careful as they mark so easily. I’ve never damaged a wheel in years of driving but since I’ve had the performance I’ve done it 3 times. It’s a common complaint amongst turbine wheel owners. So frustrating as they do look good
I’ve had black wheels on cars in the past. I always have some matching black paint to hand to touch up the marks. At least covering up the silver appearance of the damage makes a huge difference.