Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just want to confirm. There’s no point paying until you have a date for collection, right? I have not had any text yet
Tesla will get in touch with you ref payment, which is usually shortly after they say you have been matched and send you a vin and you say you want to accept delivery still. Mine has varied between 3 and 2 weeks prior to agreed delivery date

Hi,

I’m New here, As there is 377 pages on this thread this question may have come up numerous times but could someone please let me know how accurate delivery times are. Currently I’m thinking of ordering a Model Y in either black or white with 20” wheels through my works salary sacrifice scheme. The Tesla website says currently approx delivery is August 22. How realistic is this? I have seen Kia and Hyundai quote new wait times as 9-12months. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Reactions: Toblerone
Hi,

I’m New here, As there is 377 pages on this thread this question may have come up numerous times but could someone please let me know how accurate delivery times are. Currently I’m thinking of ordering a Model Y in either black or white with 20” wheels through my works salary sacrifice scheme. The Tesla website says currently approx delivery is August 22. How realistic is this? I have seen Kia and Hyundai quote new wait times as 9-12months. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
If you hurry up and are lucky on the allocation you may get a car by the end of June - we are currently waiting for cars to ship from China.

A few of us here only ordered in the last few weeks. My date was September, then the next day it changed to June and is currently holding.

If you don’t make this round, expectation is for September, but with lockdown (in China) and shortages there are no certainties.

May the odds be ever in your favour.

Reactions: Daedalus
Hi,

Welcome. I think Tesla’s logistics is good and I expect it’s accurate

Hi,

Tesla delivery times are like a box of chocolate, you never know what you're gonna get. Sometimes, a day or two and sometimes a few weeks and sometimes a few months up to half a year and with the Model S and Model X up to 2-3 years!

Thanks all for your replies, I’m really on the edge of pulling the trigger but just don’t want to get an update saying it’s like 6-7months when it says approx August… tough decision 😅😅
There’s also a Model Y delivery thread. Have a look at the last few pages there:

I did mine straight away also, now just need to wait for the trade in to be confirmed and date to pick up.

Most hassle free process ever for a car purchase and I've owned 15+ new cars in my time
Most times I buy a car … I tell everyone that I intend to keep the car for many years to come … including this one (maybe 8 years or so) … any idea how long you intend to keep yours? Part of me thinks that with Teslas, it may not be a bad idea to order new every couple of years or so 🤔

Most times I buy a car … I tell everyone that I intend to keep the car for many years to come … including this one (maybe 8 years or so) … any idea how long you intend to keep yours? Part of me thinks that with Teslas, it may not be a bad idea to order new every couple of years or so 🤔
This is our first Tesla and EV so we will see how we get on, I was set on the performance but as its a shared car with my wife the LR may be less harsh ride wise.

The EV market is rapidly evolving so who know what it will be like in 2-3 years.

My car will be up for a change next year so will probably look at another EV, cannot be bothered with ICe cars. Had an order in for a Lotus Emira but the reality is wouodnt have driven in. May look at a model 3 performance Jan/Feb time depending on how we get on with the Y and the central screen.

Reactions: LoneRanger
Are you also trading in? I had an offer from trade in which I accepted and my finance application was also accepted. Still don’t have my VIN though.
Yes but never received a quote and it’s been months. Some have suggested that they are waiting closer until delivery as it is only valid for 30 days? Not even sure I want to trade in, was just curious for a quote, but if this what has delayed my order would be happy to cancel this if it was more likely to bump my edd forward again.

Hi,

lazy...read back

This morning my EDD was 10th - 30th June now updated to 23rd - 30th June :D
White Model 3 SR+ collecting from Bluewater.

Hmmmm, Ordered my M3 Sr+ Oct 21. I’m. Not seeing any estimated delivery date since then. 7 months 😭.
Blue / White Sr+\Rwd.

Question to you guys, did the EDD just pop up all of a sudden or has it been there a while and just changing?

Attachments

• 931F4BE4-441B-4953-89E9-5E6E460702A5.jpeg
    931F4BE4-441B-4953-89E9-5E6E460702A5.jpeg
    225.2 KB · Views: 56
This is our first Tesla and EV so we will see how we get on, I was set on the performance but as its a shared car with my wife the LR may be less harsh ride wise.

The EV market is rapidly evolving so who know what it will be like in 2-3 years.

My car will be up for a change next year so will probably look at another EV, cannot be bothered with ICe cars. Had an order in for a Lotus Emira but the reality is wouodnt have driven in. May look at a model 3 performance Jan/Feb time depending on how we get on with the Y and the central screen.
I’ve been very lucky and had all 3 versions of the model 3. I can honestly say apart from acceleration,all 3 cars felt the same when you drive normally All 3 are quick and 3 handle well for an EV.
Whichever one you buy will put a smile on your face.
Knowing what I know now if I had to buy one and one only I would buy the RW version especially with the increased range and better battery and overall cost.
If money isn’t an issue nothing beats the feeling of acceleration on a performance.
For those of you who have never driven a Tesla yet, get ready to have a huge smile on you face.