Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, no i disagree, the only thing the Tesla staff are certain of, is being certain of nothing. I just had the weirdest telephone call with them, where I feel confident they have more of an idea of next Friday's lottery numbers than when the next shipment may arrive and whats on it. Although they told me they expected to fullfill orders by August and September for the Y's, unless they come sooner. 🤣
I just spoke to them. He said if they receive my car this month then they will delivery it. Then he said that there don't expect any cars this month! But if they do receive it then i can take delivery!! I think the Tesla reps have less info they we do on here.

When you buy an inventory model, what's the process? Do you just have to pay a deposit then you get X amount of time to sort the rest? Or is it a case of you need to have a credit card ready to go for the full amount?
AFAIK, whilst the deposit is paid by credit card, the balance is bank transfer. I don't think they accept credit cards for anything beyond the initial deposit. I could be wrong (usually am)...

When I ordered my inventory car last week, I mentioned to the agent I had a new car on order but I had no faith in the EDD of June 19-30. She said 'We do'. When I asked how confident, she said 'Very. Over 90%'. Left me very confused. Now, if our theory that they are selling off showroom stock is correct, they would not do that unless they were certain they were going to be replaced very soon. There's something we're missing here. Tesla apparently are very confident a ship is coming soon.
They might very well be right, but I am not too concerned regarding the colour/wheel combo, plus we will then have a red and white here once the other one comes, + by doing this one person who has ordered white/black wheels may get theres that was not going to because of my cancellation

So I am gonna roll with it

Reactions: Lee Davis
OK guys, given my order is <>= to a length of string, what is everyones 2nd choice to a Model Y? in the even all Model Y's are lost at sea on the one and only ship heading for blighty ? :p
Personally I am really attached to white interior, which makes the rarer supply, on the opposite though, I don't care about wheels, so if a 20" becomes available with the same color choice I guess I would eat up the £2k and go for that. Could also consider going for DBM instead of MSM, which looks really nice in a showroom, but I've seen one recently on a sunny day, and it had a slight hue of purple that I didn't really liked. Happy to consider views of DBM M3s/MYs owners on that.

Reactions: Zeit93
When I collected in March there was a whole row of transit damaged cars. Considering how long it takes to repair these cars then I’d say that these are the one drip feeding to inventory.
Would be really gutted if I was one of those customers, having rejoiced when VIN was finally assigned, just waiting for the ship to dock, only to be called just a day or two before delivery to be told that I won't be getting the car because it was damaged in transit....

When I collected in March there was a whole row of transit damaged cars. Considering how long it takes to repair these cars then I’d say that these are the one drip feeding to inventory.

Tesla will never "ever" sell a vehicle damaged in transit or during period as a demo vehicle without advising the buyer as to the nature of damage and its detail upon request. They don't divulge what they believe you need not know like parts missing in the vehicle that the vehicle may not require for example the Central Steering Module current vehicles lack as the vehicles today do not require this module until the final release of FSD, as such Tesla does not find it necessary to share this missing component as they will at some juncture retrodit it. But they will not out right be dishonest re selling a damaged vehicle as a undamaged vehicle

• Disagree
Reactions: Mr H
If you have Tesla finance, can you possibly have them change your agreement towards the inventory car, even with the (slightly lower I suppose) price difference?
I asked this and they said it has to be a new finance I have to sort out with my lease company, which is a bit annoying as the price is now slightly higher due to the interest rate, but not anything worth crying about

The price of both cars was actually the exact same too which was annoying. I will keep you all updated with how this goes

It's been quite a week, hasn't it!? I'm up quite early today, but I needed to be up early to book laser removal for my GLOVIS SPLENDOR & THEBEN tattoos.

Also, it's annoying that ship names are expressed in capital letters on the forum, there's probably a reason for it but I can't help but shout and emphasise the ship names in my head when I read them off the screen. It's starting to make me feel even more crazier than I already do o_O.

I addition to the shipping trolls, I ordered a taxi the other day when I was in Bristol. Guess what pulled up, a MSM M3, talk about kicking a man whilst he's down. It was a '22 plate.

I got in, and the driver said "why did you go look at the back of my car before you got in" - I didn't have the balls to tell him I was checking out his rear light clusters........ Instead I just told him "I'd never a seen a car like this before so just wanted to check what it was". He said, "it's a Tesla model 3, 'mate', there are loads of them around here".

I nearly responded with "WelL tHeRe's NoT oNe oN mY DrIvE yEt, iS tHeRe, MaTe". however, I decided to go with radio silence for a while followed by the classic "been busy? What time you on 'til?". Couldn't be arsed with Tesla chat at that point 😂.

However, despite being trolled all week by either ships or taxi's, my EDD is holding strong. As long as that remains strong, my reluctancy to fly out to China with a box of Pfizer vaccines to start jabbing everyone will remain strong, as well.

Have a great weekend, all.
Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 12.49.03.png

Back to August 🥳

Reactions: partywme and Pajo78
I asked this and they said it has to be a new finance I have to sort out with my lease company, which is a bit annoying as the price is now slightly higher due to the interest rate, but not anything worth crying about

The price of both cars was actually the exact same too which was annoying. I will keep you all updated with how this goes
Not much in the grand scheme of things but I guess you also lose your £200 deposit on the original car?

Tesla will never "ever" sell a vehicle damaged in transit or during period as a demo vehicle without advising the buyer as to the nature of damage and its detail upon request. They don't divulge what they believe you need not know like parts missing in the vehicle that the vehicle may not require for example the Central Steering Module current vehicles lack as the vehicles today do not require this module until the final release of FSD, as such Tesla does not find it necessary to share this missing component as they will at some juncture retrodit it. But they will not out right be dishonest re selling a damaged vehicle as a undamaged vehicle
It's far from unusual in the industry to have cars collect some damage from shipping and they're all just fixed and sold as new without the buyer being aware. Thats why cars have a PDI, it's to pick up these things and get them sorted. A damaged seat, broken mirror, smashed headlight, damaged alloy wheel are all tings you'd never know, and even a painted panel you'd be hard pushed to recognise.

Reactions: Mr H and Lee Davis
Personally I am really attached to white interior, which makes the rarer supply, on the opposite though, I don't care about wheels, so if a 20" becomes available with the same color choice I guess I would eat up the £2k and go for that. Could also consider going for DBM instead of MSM, which looks really nice in a showroom, but I've seen one recently on a sunny day, and it had a slight hue of purple that I didn't really liked. Happy to consider views of DBM M3s/MYs owners on that.
Here's a close up shot I took in direct sunlight a couple of weeks ago, hopefully answers your question about MSM. In fact IRL the blue specks are even more prominent when looking at it close up, photos don't seem to catch it that well.

I had no idea of this when I ordered (yet another...) grey car. Personally I quite like it, but then I would say that.

BTW, car is awesome, never gets old driving it and when you jump into an old ICE (by old I mean my wife's 2019 3.0d X4) it feels stone-age and where did my regen braking go🤷‍♂️. Need to use both feet to drive... I don't think so😂😂. Had to use a 'petrol' station too😱

Attachments

• IMG_1227.jpeg
    IMG_1227.jpeg
    952.4 KB · Views: 45
It's far from unusual in the industry to have cars collect some damage from shipping and they're all just fixed and sold as new without the buyer being aware. Thats why cars have a PDI, it's to pick up these things and get them sorted. A damaged seat, broken mirror, smashed headlight, damaged alloy wheel are all tings you'd never know, and even a painted panel you'd be hard pushed to recognise.

In fact it's perfectly normal and for some manufacturers (I'm looking at you, JLR...) it's so normal that they have entire divisions essentially remanufacturing rejections to be sold as "low mileage nearly new manufacturer approved" vehicles.

As an aside, I was absolutely convinced that my EDD (in sig) was going to change today; it's always changed on a Monday before now, and given the number of EDD changes being reported over the weekend I didn't think I'd escape. But escape, so far, I have.

Maybe there is hope...

Reactions: delta0