Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla just called me to make sure:
  • I'm definitely able to take delivery between 17th-30th June (yup)
  • Finance is confirmed as being in place (yup)
  • The finance provider should request that an invoice is created (sent Forza an email, and they requested just in case)
This all seems like a load of claptrap to me because when I asked what my VIN was they couldn't tell me, and they were expecting to be matching in the next two weeks. The finance won't pay until there's a VIN, obviously, so I've no idea why I got the call. Searching the account page for "LRW" results in "Not Found" so there's no hidden VIN for me yet either.

🤷‍♂️

Still, the chap on the phone didn't half sound confident in the EDD, which is more than I am !

With the shortages. Do Tesla prioritise those who pay in cash/loan vs lease?
Asked a few pages ago. Nobody knows for certain, but we assume it shouldn't be the case, and at least not advertised as "Delivery time frame will be based on order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration.".
Though, we assume they prioritise FSD / EAP over 'free' autopilot, as it's pure software profit for them.

Reactions: Higgypop
  • The finance provider should request that an invoice is created (sent Forza an email, and they requested just in case)
This all seems like a load of claptrap to me because when I asked what my VIN was they couldn't tell me, and they were expecting to be matching in the next two weeks. The finance won't pay until there's a VIN, obviously, so I've no idea why I got the call. Searching the account page for "LRW" results in "Not Found" so there's no hidden VIN for me yet either.

🤷‍♂️

Still, the chap on the phone didn't half sound confident in the EDD, which is more than I am !
Seems strange as so far Mr M has not identified any ships that have left for Uk yet. Also from peoples previous posts you don’t get asked for the cash until a VIN allocated once ship sailed with your car. Maybe its all changed with this lockdown or Tesla getting ahead of themselves. Who knows

Seems strange as so far Mr M has not identified any ships that have left for Uk yet. Also from peoples previous posts you don’t get asked for the cash until a VIN allocated once ship sailed with your car. Maybe its all changed with this lockdown or Tesla getting ahead of themselves. Who knows
They wanted to fly under Mr M's radar and this month they have shipped all the cars into Tesla Semis, driving all the way (through Kazakhstan, Russia and Ukraine of course)...

Reactions: BushFox
Asked a few pages ago. Nobody knows for certain, but we assume it shouldn't be the case, and at least not advertised as "Delivery time frame will be based on order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration.".
Though, we assume they prioritise FSD / EAP over 'free' autopilot, as it's pure software profit for them.
I dont think so , My order is a cash order MYLR , White black , 19 " - Lowest of MYLR . Cash buyer. EDD has been changed to Sept . It was June 19-30 until last week

Reactions: Toblerone

🤷‍♂️

That's really good intel ! Cheers!

I dont think so , My order is a cash order MYLR , White black , 19 " - Lowest of MYLR . Cash buyer. EDD has been changed to Sept . It was June 19-30 until last week
Same as me.I have also gone for entry level spec MYLR. Ordered mid April EDD 11-30 June then pushed out to Sept on Saturday just gone. Will be interesting to see if we get updates at the same time. Let me know when you hear anything!

So you haven't had a call to say inventory cars can't be released? I'm starting to think Tesla are winding me up :rolleyes:
Just been told due to a bug in the new navigation software no deliveries on inventory cars untill a patch is available hopefully within days not weeks

Today i spoke to a supervisor who was excellent and very honest and a credit to the company

I did not get very far but at least i now have a understanding of the problems they are facing and this guy totally got my position and really got into the weeds in try to help

Im lead to believe next delivery dates are late August early September for my M3P

So probably the same for most of us