Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Paul, they are lying through their teeth, Tesla's are not registered until (1) they are delivered to a customer; (2) the customer signs an Confirmation of Acceptance of the vehicle. Without these two (2) actions, the vehicle does not get registered with DVLA. Only alternatives are: (1) they sold the vehicle to someone who either took legal action against them for some form of nonperformance; or (2) sold to someone who received preferential treatment for some reason or another; (3) the vehicle was already sold, delivered and accepted and registered, the buyer decided to reject the vehicle within 48-hours based on some issue(s) hence they placed the vehicle back into inventory, the buyer reversed their decision and kept the vehicle. Hard to tell which it was but if in your place would raise a big stink by writing an email to Tesla UK MD/CEO. You will then be taken care of. Paul look in your documents they sent you when you purchased the inventory vehicle and see if they had assigned a DVLA reg number, if so what was it. It easy enough to see what date exactly it was registered.
I'm not sure about that, but I dod suspect option 2. Either way I think so long as they can match me with a vehicle I'm happy with on the next shipment then I'll be happy.

I have kept a track of emails and I have lots of screenshots etc. I think if I don't make any progress in the next few days I will try to email the CEO (no idea of the email address) but I'd rather it doesn't come to that.

I don't think there was ever a DVLA reg number included in anything I received.

That is the nightmare scenario, that they have messed up, don't have my car, and have just bumped me to the back of the queue. I have cancelled my old order too which was November EDD after asking them to confirm they had this car and everything was correct!

Still hoping its not that and it is just some automated system updating the EDD incorrectly, but given how haphazard their support team seem to be I do fear the worst.

What would you do in my situation?
So, my trade in has expired. Email asking for latest reading. - Does anyone know how long this process takes to get a new trade in value. As now my account as been reset - showing I have the deposit to pay - I'm able to change options on my car and the delivery centre. Before it basically said you're all paid and wait for delivery. At the moment the EDD has not changed or moved - not that that really means anything. I know the first valuation was a couple of weeks. Thanks.
My trade in expired and i put it on a site and got a grand more then the original quote from tesla the dealer was a young guy and really professional i would post it here but not sure im allowed but you can DM me if you like and i will give you his contact number

Have got different replies every time I have called up. My trade in value has not been provided as yet though it is over a month now. When I called up last time, was told 8 weeks before delivery, this morning was told 30 days before delivery.
I
My trade in expired and i put it on a site and got a grand more then the original quote from tesla the dealer was a young guy and really professional i would post it here but not sure im allowed but you can DM me if you like and i will give you his contact number
Yes , Now a days, if you trade in as the part of the order , it’s not valued until 4 weeks before the delivery. Unless your car is Tesla , trade in value is almost always lower than market

Reactions: Pajo78
Do we have an idea how important is the delivery location for allocation based on past experience?
As a Londoner I chose Bluewater (now Staines I believe) but if it makes the difference between getting the car this quarter or not, I really don’t mind picking it up in Southampton for instance.

I just hope that i won’t get passed on a similar spec by someone who ordered after me, but randomly chose another location… would be gutted.

Would be great if Tesla allowed to tick multiple preferences for eligibility

Do we have an idea how important is the delivery location for allocation based on past experience?
As a Londoner I chose Bluewater (now Staines I believe) but if it makes the difference between getting the car this quarter or not, I really don’t mind picking it up in Southampton for instance.

I just hope that i won’t get passed on a similar spec by someone who ordered after me, but randomly chose another location… would be gutted.

Would be great if Tesla allowed to tick multiple preferences for eligibility
I imagine if it’s close to quarter end they could make us all go to the docks, they have form for that

My trade in offer expired last week. I submitted my current mileage and the new offer arrived after a couple of days… unfortunately MUCH lower than the first offer. Reluctantly accepted however I’m still trying to get them to properly reflect the value in the payment / PCP details
Same here - almost £4.5k less with just over 1000 miles on the odo in last 2 months. Almost tripped us off to reconsider our decision. I didn’t accept the new valuation, called the support and they said wait until the VIN assignment - call once that’s done and they will provide revaluation on the day which might be more or less than this - if it drops any further, someone’s getting their MY W/W/G sooner! :)