Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the Bluetooth message. Everyone with a VIN and the Tesla app will get that notification when they open the app. It’s a one time notification. It’s nothing to do with the radar.
Usually, when you turn off you bluetooth the app prompts you to turn in on in order to unlock the car. I guess people with bluetooth off got it, when they were alocated a VIN.

Reactions: Daedalus
Yes, I got a message saying I had to accept the fact the car allocated (I have a VIN) does not have radar before I could proceed.
I know that this has been covered on US versions that removed it a while ago, but I know that personally I'm not 100% convinced by that. Assumed radar was safer than relying on vision, with some instances of the cameras not picking up white cars on a bright day/glare, while this wouldn't happen with a radar. This is not putting my mind at ease for ACC/Emergency stop.
So I assume the UK regulations have been updated to allow this? Or is this a kind of legally binding 'opt-out' disclaimer that they are forcing you to accept?

Well guys, it finally happened with Snowy! Looks like I'm part of the VIN club. Means my spot in the SVC is up for grabs now ? (Small Violin Club)

1653379537738.png

🤗 🥰

Last edited:
I know that this has been covered on US versions that removed it a while ago, but I know that personally I'm not 100% convinced by that. Assumed radar was safer than relying on vision, with some instances of the cameras not picking up white cars on a bright day/glare, while this wouldn't happen with a radar. This is not putting my mind at ease for ACC/Emergency stop.
So I assume the UK regulations have been updated to allow this? Or is this a kind of legally binding 'opt-out' disclaimer that they are forcing you to accept?

I can’t believe i didn’t screenshot it, I was half asleep.

My impression is yes, it was a legal disclaimer as you couldn’t move through to the order status page without accepting it.

I searched the source code for the message about the Radar.

I didn't find the message but found a link to this page: Transitioning to Tesla Vision

Where it states:

"If you ordered a car before May and will receive a car that is not equipped with radar, you will be notified of the change in your Tesla Account prior to delivery."

I believe this is for the American market as the date is referring to May 21