Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was and electrician before I retired. I think the “granny” charges are fine for occasional use. I use one when on holiday etc. I don’t think they are good as an everyday charger. It’s all about managing unnecessary risks. I’m fairly confident they will go the route of earphone jacks on mobile phones very soon. I would put money on Tesla dropping them in Europe shortly.
Latest U.K. electrical regs demand they are fitted on new EV charge points. Either built in to the wall box or a separate device. Unless protected by an earth rod. ( Earth rods bring other issues).
Also, I believe that all new build homes will have the cabling in place with Pen device ready for connecting to a wall point. If we are to benefit ourselves and the planet, we need more initiative to facilitate EV ownership.

Reactions: Moorman
I have no front garden.
In front of my house is a path and cycle path, so charging at the front will mean leaving a cable across the path which obviously I cannot do.

My back garden is 10 meters long, and then there is a path approximately 2 metres wide, then my garage (back of anyhow)

My garage is underneath coach houses (flats above garages).. hence no power in the garage.

So I cannot run cable at the front.. cannot run cable down the side and around to my garage as this will cross 2 paths and run in front of the first coach House.

The only way I can go is through the back wall or my garden, sneakily underneath the narrow path and into and through my garage onto the drive of the garage.

Hence why I need a box to sit on the outside near the car that's waterproof and vented.

Hope this clears things up a little.

😁
What does your local council say about charging outside your property?
You are permitted or can apply to run a cable across a footpath, eg:

If the path at the back isn’t public, I’d be tempted to get power there anyway…

Reactions: Wattsisname
Account has changed this morning 👀

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220627-083244_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220627-083244_Samsung Internet.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 81
In my account too this morning!...

Do we sign digitally, or at collection?...doesn't seem clear when opening the dcouments on the computer.
Couple of years ago I e-signed, and then had to sign again onsite to confirm delivery on pick up.

This time round, I've been told to sign onsite today due to the quick turn around in them finding me a car.

I have just read the pcp agreement they sent. I probably haven't read one before, but couple of strange points. It says that I have to inform my insurance Tesla are the owners. Also, I can't sell the car or alter it in any way???

I really hope with what seems like a mad end of quarter rush they won’t have time to dry wash the cars. I’d rather my car turned up dirty than clean with swirls marks in the paint!
Mine was dirty and had zero swirls. I did see some car washing going on but either they weren’t washing them all or they weren’t doing more than a quick rinse. I gave the car a detailed at the weekend.

In my account too this morning!...

Do we sign digitally, or at collection?...doesn't seem clear when opening the dcouments on the computer.
I think we have learned by now that these things are moveable feasts depending on the day of the week and the sun's azimuth at midday. (That's one of the many reason we love being Teslasect members.)

I visited a TC last week land learned that the (then) current flavour was to sign PCP hard copy agreements at collection.

Make what you will of that but do take a pen just in case an earlier collectee has half inched their Bic.

Reactions: Kingpopsy
I think we have learned by now that these things are moveable feasts depending on the day of the week and the sun's azimuth at midday.

I visited a TC last week learned that the (then) current flavour was to sign PCP hard copy agreements at collection.

Make what you will of that but take a pen just in case an earlier collectee has half inched their Bic.
Do we sign the e copy we got sent I wonder 🤔

No harm I guess🥲 I am feeling slighted for not having received an invitation to sign the e copy. (Not something with which I am familiar)

Now then...where is that e manual? "No !" I said to SWMBO " e manual. Not Emmanuelle...I don't even have the VHS any more." It's on a CD;)
I'm. Not sure it's an invitation, it just has a place to sign at the bottom. It doesn't say where to send it or that I have to send it. In true Tesla fashion

Morning everyone. Saw some posts asking questions of people who collected/got delivery this past week so thought I'd make an account and post in here!

Collected my Red M3 RWD on Friday from Bristol.
  • Ordered in December
  • Came with mobile charger
  • 51% battery
  • No marks or scuffs. Wasn't completely clean outside, but was spotless inside
After having it for a couple of days and doing a drive from Bristol to London yesterday, I'm absolutely in love with the car. But I need to get a charger fitted to my house, as my original plan of just charging at public chargers locally to me is just ridiculous (78p per kWh, insane cost).

Morning everyone. Saw some posts asking questions of people who collected/got delivery this past week so thought I'd make an account and post in here!

• Ordered in December
  • 51% battery
After having it for a couple of days and doing a drive from Bristol to London yesterday, I'm absolutely in love with the car. But I need to get a charger fitted to my house, as my original plan of just charging at public chargers locally to me is just ridiculous (78p per kWh, insane cost).
Thanks for the post. I'm collecting from Bristol so hope our cars are from the same batch. I'm going to charge publicly because I have no off road parking. That's expensive, I've not seen one that expensive 😨

• Ordered in December
  • 51% battery
Thank you for that and congratulations.
I have been singing the praises (I have not used it yet) of the Tesla 3rd Generation WallPoint and of Mr Charger for the install. I try to maximise on a one-stop-shop approach to avoid the frustration of the blame game. e.g. a charging problem, it's a Tesla car and a Tesla charger so..Tesla, sort it please. I know, I know; "But Sir, it could be the fault of the installer or the supplier of the electricity....or the wrong kind of amps."

Disclaimer: This was a theoretical example. I have no reason to expect any of this from Tesla. Indeed, everything I have heard about their excellent support suggests quite the opposite.:)

Whatever you do, if it's viable, get a wall point of any stripe.
(The Tesla :cool:Gen 3)