Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is zen auto, I had an order with them and asked if they had any and they told me they have 150 model Y’s left from their 300 car bulk order. So they gave me one of those instead of waiting for Tesla

It’s white, 19s, black.

They added it to my app Thursday, asked me to pay Friday and awaiting a call for delivery date.
That’s pretty lucky!

If you order now you’re looking Jan 2023 delivery probably. (For Model Y)

This just doesn’t sound plausible, why would they do that when there is a long tail of unfulfilled orders? In your case what was the spec and when did you order?

Well it is true, they said we have 150 with our delivery partner in donnington, we can move your order from May with us which is currently being handled by Tesla to our bulk order and deliver you one of these cars asap.

So I said yes please and on Thursday I have a model Y added on my app that is currently parked at donnington park. Just waiting a call for the delivery date as they are picking up my current lease.

The car was clearly from 30 June delivery as connectivity expires 30 July

Well it is true, they said we have 150 with our delivery partner in donnington, we can move your order from May with us which is currently being handled by Tesla to our bulk order and deliver you one of these cars asap.

So I said yes please and on Thursday I have a model Y added on my app that is currently parked at donnington park. Just waiting a call for the delivery date as they are picking up my current lease.

Wow, some folks have orders going back to February and march and you r order was placed in May. What spec and colour as it seems the MSM colour is later than all the others and that’s what I’m waiting for. Charge point is in but nothing to use it on and I’m desperate to get the X3 sold and move on.

I think people are getting confused. These cars are 3rd party lease aren’t they? Not Tesla direct.

This just doesn’t sound plausible, why would they do that when there is a long tail of unfulfilled orders? In your case what was the spec and when did you order?
They're not coming from Tesla direct, the lease company ordered 300 cars earlier in the year and they were delivered in June. The lease company have obviously still got 150 of those available, that's nothing to do with Tesla.

Wow, some folks have orders going back to February and march and you r order was placed in May. What spec and colour as it seems the MSM colour is later than all the others and that’s what I’m waiting for. Charge point is in but nothing to use it on and I’m desperate to get the X3 sold and move on.
Where you based? Happy to come round and plug in for a day just to check it works😂.

As regards your X3 have you spoke with BMW? Wife traded her X4 through her dealer where she bought it from and had in i4 on order until delivery shifted to 2027😩… seriously Q2 or Q3 2023. Got a very good deal and £5k above PCP owing. Deposit on MY sorted👍

Reactions: Toblerone
Does anyone have some insight on how many MYLR are likely to come to uk in august and September (of course it depends on Covid etc but let’s assume this doesn’t cause further downtime)? As a follow up how far along the order queue would this satisfy? All of march and April or a bit more?

Does anyone have some insight on how many MYLR are likely to come to uk in august and September (of course it depends on Covid etc but let’s assume this doesn’t cause further downtime)? As a follow up how far along the order queue would this satisfy? All of march and April or a bit more?
Yeah let me just phone Elon lol

8,000-10,000 maybe if the shutdown goes well and ramps back up quickly. They don’t build to order and no one knows the order book so cannot say how far along the order queue they are (there is a separate order queue for each combination of spec/colour option) but it should clear everyone who was originally given an EDD up to September.

Figured I'd drop in another update, lest what's going on with me helps anyone to figure out where they might be at:

MYLR/Midnight Silver/19/Black/EAP. Business Contract Hire financing with ALD; approved and acknowledged within Tesla's system.
  • Ordered April 8th
  • Original EDD May 28 - June 25
  • Updated EDD to "July" in mid-May
  • Start of June EDD updated to October 30-December 14
  • June 11th EDD updated to September 12 - October 27
  • June 14th EDD updated to September 5 - October 20.
  • July 10th EDD updated to September 2 - September 30
That's my current EDD. It does look like we're 'zeroing in' on September now, but I'm still hopeful I might get a pleasant surprise when the August boat arrives...

Figured I'd drop in another update, lest what's going on with me helps anyone to figure out where they might be at:

MYLR/Midnight Silver/19/Black/EAP. Business Contract Hire financing with ALD; approved and acknowledged within Tesla's system.
  • Ordered April 8th
  • Original EDD May 28 - June 25
  • Updated EDD to "July" in mid-May
  • Start of June EDD updated to October 30-December 14
  • June 11th EDD updated to September 12 - October 27
  • June 14th EDD updated to September 5 - October 20.
  • July 10th EDD updated to September 2 - September 30
That's my current EDD. It does look like we're 'zeroing in' on September now, but I'm still hopeful I might get a pleasant surprise when the August boat arrives...
Awesome, finally found someone using ALD, ordered mine (Business fiancé as well) on the 25th March 2022, MY LR , black, black, 20 inches with EAP, original EDD May 13 then August then May (can’t remember the other shifts, lol) and now August 30- October 14.

Good news!
Is my maths right here?

14000 MY a week
2000 a day.

I believe someone recently quoted a figure of 12 hours end to end production (though maybe less now post upgrade)

That suggests 1000 units at various stages of build on the line at any one moment? (Plus 500 M3!)

That truly is one biiiiiigg factory!