Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t understand why such moral police cherry picking only certain posts.. anyway imo following any thread will not help to get delivery faster, it just people share thoughts and feelings and also get sometime valuable information. But certainly not looking for replies guiding do this not that.
if i am not welcome to post similar text as others, then i should quit following it.. better i spend my time somewhere else reading more valuable content..

@Toblerone keep doing the *sugar* job you picked here.
The issue is the shipping thread generally being filled with non shipping information (not finger pointing). As a result an admin has moved all the posts out of the thread to this one now.

The issue is the shipping thread generally being filled with non shipping information (not finger pointing). As a result an admin has moved all the posts out of the thread to this one now.
Can we all just please relax, smile, have some tea… enjoy the expectation that comes to ordering a Tesla and the madness that comes with it all. Let’s chill out a bit.

Reactions: JOL1 and Darreno
Can we all just please relax, smile, have some tea… enjoy the expectation that comes to ordering a Tesla and the madness that comes with it all. Let’s chill out a bit.
Now here's a question. Do you think they load the software for FSD or EAP at the factory, or do they download and install that when it gets to the UK (or whichever country). Just wondering if EAP as an option makes the chance of getting matched even lower ...

Now here's a question. Do you think they load the software for FSD or EAP at the factory, or do they download and install that when it gets to the UK (or whichever country). Just wondering if EAP as an option makes the chance of getting matched even lower ...
That’s a really good question🤔🤔🤔… I have tried a fresh order adding EAP and taking it off and doing the same for FSD… it had no impact on the EDD. Hope this helps

Software will be in every car, it’s just a question of which features are enabled. Buying EAP, FSD or acceleration boost for that matter happens virtually instantly.

Reactions: ElectricPolice
I understood that. I guess I'm just wondering when the enabling happens in the process if a feature such as that is included with a factory order.
It isn't part of the batch making process. I believe they turn software features on/off on matching orders.

Now whether they match people faster with higher valued orders, say FSD - that's a different question and one that we can only be speculated on.

Reactions: DrPhlegm
I don’t understand why such moral police cherry picking only certain posts.. anyway imo following any thread will not help to get delivery faster, it just people share thoughts and feelings and also get sometime valuable information. But certainly not looking for replies guiding do this not that.
if i am not welcome to post similar text as others, then i should quit following it.. better i spend my time somewhere else reading more valuable content..

@Toblerone keep doing the *sugar* job you picked here.
Please feel free to keep posting your feelings to the shipping thread. I’m sure people looking for real information can’t wait to read your whining. The mods can always move your posts again.

Your complaint is that cars are being exported from Berlin and that you’re not front of the queue. How upsetting. 😭

I’m now using the ‘ignore’ functionality for your posts, so I won’t see you screaming into the void.

I have just had an update from our fleet manager at work. He’s chased the Tesla contact for an update and got this reply:-

it is most likely to be November but I have asked if there is a chance for September please could they try.
It's as I explained earlier about the catching up this quarter with the cars that should have been delivered in Q2 but we only received 5000 cars instead of 12.000
So its had a knock on effect on Q3 deliveries.

For MY base spec ordered in Mid April.

Not very encouraging and hopefully wrong!

Reactions: Benotomy
I have just had an update from our fleet manager at work. He’s chased the Tesla contact for an update and got this reply:-

it is most likely to be November but I have asked if there is a chance for September please could they try.
It's as I explained earlier about the catching up this quarter with the cars that should have been delivered in Q2 but we only received 5000 cars instead of 12.000

Here we go again…I hope it is not the case and not helping my with confidence to get it as they predicted in September. Bad news! The question is why we are given EDDs for September not November, why bother fiddling with the EDDs if they are not going to be met…😔

Reactions: WelshDriver

I honestly feel like they can make that up in Q3. There is an absolute crap tonne of MYs being produced since the factory updates. Chin up. My gut is still September.

Or if you buy-in to the conspiracy theory, it makes chances of a match higher, as it increases profit margins for no extra effort at the factory. Didn’t work for me in Q2 though with EAP.

Reactions: Medrox79
When I went to pickup my M3 from Birmingham it wasn’t at the pickup centre, it had been taken to the service centre for a software update. FSD was enabled when it turned up later.

• Informative
Reactions: DrPhlegm
Here we go again…I hope it is not the case and not helping my with confidence to get it as they predicted in September. Bad news! The question is why we are given EDDs for September not November, why bother fiddling with the EDDs if they are not going to be met…😔
I agree! I just hope it’s wrong. Since some have had confirmed deliveries for the start of September (March orders ish) then I can’t see the issues with another ship coming.

Reactions: Benotomy
When I went to pickup my M3 from Birmingham it wasn’t at the pickup centre, it had been taken to the service centre for a software update. FSD was enabled when it turned up later.
If that was recently its probably because there was a legal issue with EAP and FSD that prevented Tesla deliving the car with the older software. They'd have taken the car for the update. I wouldn;t read too much into it.

I don't actually think Tesla are that sophisticated when it comes to matching to be prioritising some orders over others. Based on past evidence it's more likely to be just poor administration. What is worth remembering is that there isn't just a Model 3 list and a Model Y list.

There is a queue for each of:
M3 RWD, White paint, Black interior, standard wheels
M3 RWD, White paint, Black interior, upgraded wheels
M3 RWD, White paint, White interior, standard wheels
M3 RWD, White paint, White interior, upgraded wheels
etc etc

An order that seems to move more quickly than yours could easily be down to it being slightly different. There is also a suggestion that things like the upgraded wheels or expensive paint might come sooner, but whether thats a deliberate ploy where Tesla just skew the production towards them as they're more profitable or just a quirk of what people order is a guess. I recall when the Model 3 came out, they stopped taking orders for the white interior for a while, the thoguht was to push new orders towards the black interior to balance the order book a little.

Reactions: JOL1
Why is all this in "Orders to delivery" thread. I thought adverts (which the original post obviously was) were restricted to the "sale/wanted" thread.
Moderator please sort out this mess of irrevilent posts so we can see the wood for the trees.
Agreed ..takes the forum down in terms of its intent and usefulness. Personal adverts and the associated justification has little value added to those who visit for relevant information. Just my view …