Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had a call from Tesla and the text, and my car is coming in Sept. However, due to a change in circumstances I no longer want it.

What would you do… just let the order go, or try and flip it for a small profit
I think there are two other options 1) Differ it to the next quarter- I think you can do it for maximum 6 months , check with SA. 2) The cars have increased by £3000( model y ) since May . You can take it and sell it
Ethically option 1)

I’ve had a call from Tesla and the text, and my car is coming in Sept. However, due to a change in circumstances I no longer want it.

What would you do… just let the order go, or try and flip it for a small profit?
Dude, you’re on a forum with people aching to get their cars sooner and your talking about flipping a car you don’t want for a profit?

Do the right thing a cancel your order and let it be assigned to someone who actually wants theirs.

Besides, I don’t even think you’re allowed to flip it straight after delivery (someone correct me if I’m wrong).

Reactions: CJ0404
Mr M

Over on the Model 3 Performance thread there are now 4 of us who have delivery ranges of;

20/09 - 30/09
21/09 - 30/09
22/09 - 30/09
23/09 - 30/09

Mine being the last.

Interestingly looking at the chronology of our EDD updates it looks as if with each successive update, the range for the next person has shortened by one day. Probably coincidence!

Do you think we might all be on the same ship, and if so does this indicate the last UK bound Q3 ship might be departing Shanghai around 20-25 August?
Also awaiting a M3P and EDD states 21/09 - 30/09.

This changed from 07/08 - 06/09 a couple of weeks ago, not sure how it was or could be so far out?

Reactions: Edward Mango
I’m not sure there are any restrictions on how long you have to keep the car.

Delaying the order isn’t suitable as I won’t need the car in future.

Just weighing up options!
Easiest, least stress option is to cancel.

Sure you could pay out £60k, collect the car, go through the process of a private sale and have someone pay you a few £k more. But there is risk, time, effort, hassle, stress, etc

Honestly I’d probably cancel and ask for your £100/200 deposit back (depending on time of order).

Best of luck.

For those who check this thread awaiting M3RWD & not the rwd hangout.. received a phonecall from Southampton delivery team yesterday (came up on my phone as a social media agency.. made me very wary) with a scheduled delivery date 23 August.

I'm direct order through Tesla - all other deliveries I've seen so far have been through octopus. Hopeful that means they are starting to allocate vins with morning chorus approaching the Suez canal - hope we see some more allocations soon!

Reactions: M3UK

What would you do… just let the order go, or try and flip it for a small profit?
Find a forum member who has ordered theirs at the more expensive price and see if they want to do a deal with you (50:50 the difference) - Im sure Tesla would allow you to change the name on the registration before delivery/ collection.

Reactions: Kashp
Is there any merit in chasing a trade-in offer? Mine expired months ago and just had a hold note on the account since then.

Could this fall between the gaps in the Tesla system and result in paralysis of an order progressing and a vehicle not being allocated, or is fool proof and I need to remain patient? - ordered Mar 19th and seeing others get VINs who ordered around same time/later

Just got the same - dare we get our hopes up?
Replied to confirm still paying cash and asked whether the latest dates are realistic after having multiple revised dates. The text reply says 'we are confident we will assign a vehicle to your order this quarter and will be in touch once we are ready to schedule a collection'. How big a pinch of salt should this be taken with?

Is there any merit in chasing a trade-in offer? Mine expired months ago and just had a hold note on the account since then.

Could this fall between the gaps in the Tesla system and result in paralysis of an order progressing and a vehicle not being allocated, or is fool proof and I need to remain patient? - ordered Mar 19th and seeing others get VINs who ordered around same time/later
They changed the rules a bit and give trade in offers when they have a car for you (assigned). It’s because they were giving offers to people and then orders were delayed for months and valuation also changed.

For those who check this thread awaiting M3RWD & not the rwd hangout.. received a phonecall from Southampton delivery team yesterday (came up on my phone as a social media agency.. made me very wary) with a scheduled delivery date 23 August.

I'm direct order through Tesla - all other deliveries I've seen so far have been through octopus. Hopeful that means they are starting to allocate vins with morning chorus approaching the Suez canal - hope we see some more allocations soon!
I ordered the very same model on the exact same date as yourself, mine was done through Arnold Clark and at the moment they are saying mid September, I spoke directly with Tesla and they said it was normal for me not to have a VIN assigned at this time with it going through a leasing company, and that they estimate my delivery to be in Q3.

Fingers crossed my car is on that ship!!

Reactions: Ozboz7