Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering if any are thinking of cancelling their cars with the increase in our energy bills as its possible we could be paying the same bill payment we do for our cars finance.
Definitely not- life is too short to continue with diesel power. This is the one car I’m most looking forward to receiving in 40 years of driving and trust me I’ve had some good wheels over the years but this car put a huge smile on my face when I test drove it.

I received my esign request email about 20 days prior to collection date. Signed doc hasn’t showed up on my account yet. I am told it will be loaded soon - I guess they are uploading bits and bobs ad-hoc manually when back in office in between all the work referenced above…

I was wondering if any are thinking of cancelling their cars with the increase in our energy bills as its possible we could be paying the same bill payment we do for our cars finance.
I think anyone doing significant mileage in their tesla will likely move to the Octopus Go or Intelligent tariff for the cheap overnight charging. I think charging the car from 0-100 on my current tariff on the night rate would be £4.50, whereas to fill our tiny tank on the smart car costs £40-45 and probably has a similar range.

You must have a very low finance payment or do a huge milage to use that amount of kWh in a Tesla.
I do have a very low finance payment compared to today's prices and can easily afford the car and most likely I can cover the hike in energy prices but I'm not going to deliberately waist my hard earned money so I can have the latest toy on the drive. Its got to pay for itself. Unfortunately it seems those days are numbered.

I think anyone doing significant mileage in their tesla will likely move to the Octopus Go or Intelligent tariff for the cheap overnight charging. I think charging the car from 0-100 on my current tariff on the night rate would be £4.50, whereas to fill our tiny tank on the smart car costs £40-45 and probably has a similar range.
I don't believe that option is available for everyone. Octopus in my area only offer a flat charge like everyone else

I do have a very low finance payment compared to today's prices and can easily afford the car and most likely I can cover the hike in energy prices but I'm not going to deliberately waist my hard earned money so I can have the latest toy on the drive. Its got to pay for itself. Unfortunately it seems those days are numbered.
We all make choices.whats good for one if not for another..and everyone's financial circumstances vary. Not seeing the benefit of excessive debate on the topic

If you consider a Tesla a waste of money should it not "pay for itself" I definitely think you're buying the wrong car!

What is the longest anyone has waited for a payment to Tesla to minus off some of the deposit? I sent some yesterday evening and it still not showing on tesla as being received. Called my bank up and they have said it looks good and also confirmed my RN number as the reference. Was just wondering is it due to it being the weekend?

What is the longest anyone has waited for a payment to Tesla to minus off some of the deposit? I sent some yesterday evening and it still not showing on tesla as being received. Called my bank up and they have said it looks good and also confirmed my RN number as the reference. Was just wondering is it due to it being the weekend?
I waited until Monday when paying on a weekend.

Reactions: DeadestRat
Tesla only do it in chunks, Monday to Friday, so if you missed the last Friday run it’ll show on Monday now. I paid, £1 on Thursday (test run) and £20,000 on Friday (bank limit) that both showed within an hour or so. I paid another £20,000 this morning that hasn’t shown and I don’t expect it to until Monday.

Tesla only do it in chunks, Monday to Friday, so if you missed the last Friday run it’ll show on Monday now. I paid, £1 on Thursday (test run) and £20,000 on Friday (bank limit) that both showed within an hour or so. I paid another £20,000 this morning that hasn’t shown and I don’t expect it to until Monday.
Thank you Chris I did expect that this might be the case. Thanks for confirming :)

Reactions: Chris CG
I didn't spend £60k+ on a car to save money... That's really a fool errand... No way does spending that much count as "saving money"

It'll pay me back in it's general awesomeness... Its lower running costs a re a side benefit but not the main factor for me.

Sent my last payment Today which hasn’t shown up in my Tesla account but the previous payments did within hours. I am pretty sure like everyone it is just because of the weekend and will show on Monday.

Reactions: DeadestRat
I didn't spend £60k+ on a car to save money... That's really a fool errand... No way does spending that much count as "saving money"

It'll pay me back in it's general awesomeness... Its lower running costs a re a side benefit but not the main factor for me.

In my case, it'll be saving me a fair amount in Corporation Tax every year and will have saved me the total of the car price before I finish paying off the Hire Purchase.

Everyone is in a different boat I suppose but I do somewhat agree with you, when you're spending this much money already....saving money surely can't be the first thing on your mind.

Reactions: rb98 and JOL1
I’m sorry to ask a question about insurance again, I’ve searched for an actual answer for this but only come across questions and speculation.

Immobiliser; yes or no?
Alarm; yes or no?
Tracker that insurance will accept; yes or no?

I got a quote with Admiral over the phone, I explained what connectivity the car has and he has put “yes” for tracker and I’m nervous about that!

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.