Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.20.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. It did exactly that when I booked one last time :mad:
I had similar the first time I ever got condensation in one of my rear lights. Had visible water droplets, but on the day of the appointment it was atypically clement weather and by the time I got to the SC (a good hour drive) it had improved to the point where it was deemed no longer worthy of replacement.

That being said - they also told me that they had the wrong side part anyway, so that might have been a factor as well. Shambles.

Subsequent replacements have been done by mobile service and fortunately (?) have still shown issues on the day of replacement, so have never been an issue.

Done another 140 motorway miles and the car is scared of bridge shadows producing a lovely should I /shouldn't weak phantom slow
Doesn't like to pull in after passing lorries and offering you the choice, it then bottles it half way through the manoeuvre
It's extremely unlikely that Tesla are modifying anything on Autopilot / NoA beyond some of the legally mandated handicapping that they did last year. Unfortunately all you're seeing is the day-to-day variability in the system.

It's extremely unlikely that Tesla are modifying anything on Autopilot / NoA beyond some of the legally mandated handicapping that they did last year. Unfortunately all you're seeing is the day-to-day variability in the system.
Let's unpick that
The underlying code is unchanged in 4+ years after Musky's blind alley
I drive the same route every Tuesday at the same time of day (12:05 local)
I now get told to "change lane to follow the route" where I never did before, so the planner / map data has changed
Yesterday on the a303 from Basingstoke to Andover, return, this occurred much more frequently than before the update

So Elon said today that FSDb 11.4.4 goes out this week. My hope is this is on the main/latest 2023.20 version and that subsequently brings us closer to UK AP / EAP improvements.
He does say a lot of things though - and his idea of ‘go out’ sometimes just equates to ‘we’re going to try compiling a build for internal testing’ - one day it will happen but I’ve learnt not to hold my breadth

I see no reason to assume that Elon gives much more than a passing thought about the goings on in the UK. Everything is US centric.

Elon promised "FSD visualsations" (ie. FSD beta without the actual control part of it) for Europe back in September 2021. He's a chronic bullshitter.

Some people are evidently far more optimistic about the perpetual promises about what these releases mean for the UK in terms of "single stack", "Dojo", etc that is apparently the panacea for all of the issues we face, but I'm more jaded I'm afraid.

I hope they turn the visualisations on soon - surely they can't be much worse than what we have now randomly drawing a truck on top of you when there isn't one anywhere near you?
The "single stack" (was originally vision, but that got used for something else) is required to stop that - so the occupancy network has worked out where things are.
What's being talked about are different pictures of the underlying poor understanding of what's going on around the car

Looking at the cameras the left and right B pillar cameras they don't seem to be exactly aligned with one showing a corner of black trim.

I certainly hope the wide front camera isn't used for the rain detection because from this picture I was in a monsoon!

IMG_5240.jpeg