Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.20.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 2023.20.4.1 on Sunday just gone. No issues there, but it must have downloaded the whole thing over LTE as I’m currently away from home and the car is not connected to Wi-Fi. I thought the updates only arrived over a Wi-Fi connection?
Since installing 2023.20.4.1 I have noticed that the speed signs are more often than before not being picked up. For instance in a 60 mph section using AP the car thinks the maximum is 40mph and I am unable to re-educate it (it used to be possible to change the max value using the right scroll wheel).

I've never heard of 're-educating it'. You can change your AP/TACC speed with the wheel. Ironically, our perception is that sign recognition has improved with the last release, but it might just be perception and/or the roads we've traveled.

If a 60mph road is showing as 40mph it is probably incorrect mapping data.

I've never heard of 're-educating it'. You can change your AP/TACC speed with the wheel. Ironically, our perception is that sign recognition has improved with the last release, but it might just be perception and/or the roads we've traveled.

If a 60mph road is showing as 40mph it is probably incorrect mapping data.
The problem is that missing the speed limit signs has happened just recently on roads that I have been driving along many times. This has happened a few times now in the last few days. For example in Kidlington it fails to change max from 20mph to 30 mph despite the road sign changing (it did not fail before) and in addition using the wheel I could not change it.

I've had this problem on a section of the A19 for nearly a year now where it thinks a national speed limit dual carriageway is 40mph. It shows speed limit sign as I go past it but it doesn't change the limit up to 70.

I frequently see random and temporary speed changes on sections of road I drive regularly ie:
  • Yesterday a nearby 50 section reduced to 40 on-screen, back to 50 today.
  • Today the section of the M56 at J11 displayed 60 on screen for about half a mile but Autopilot continued at 70 accompanied by initial bonging. Never had that happen before.
(2023.20.4.1 for the past week)

I installed 2023.20.4.1. on 17/6/2023 and have noticed my car has not gone into sleep mode since then.

On most of my drives since the update, AP is not available and there are no visuals around the car. The only way I’ve been able to bring back AP is to recalibrate the cameras in settings.

Any advice would be appreciated, it’s a model Y and my second Tesla.

Reactions: bloke79
I installed 2023.20.4.1. on 17/6/2023 and have noticed my car has not gone into sleep mode since then.

On most of my drives since the update, AP is not available and there are no visuals around the car. The only way I’ve been able to bring back AP is to recalibrate the cameras in settings.

Any advice would be appreciated, it’s a model Y and my second Tesla.
Have you done a 2 button reset? If not try that

I don't know if this is due to the most recent update, but I've noticed that the car limits my power a lot more than normal in situations where it thinks I might be doing something "wrong".

Like, this morning, I was going down a London street and - as is usual - you wait behind a parked car to let another car come down the narrow road. As the car passed I took off and obviously gave it a bit of juice. But I guess the car thought I was going to drive into the back of the parked car (I wasn't...) and it curbed my power! This pisses me off because I know what the hell I'm doing and if I want power, the car should damn well give it to me (I also have AB)!

Another time when some douche in a BMW M5 was weaving in and of traffic managed to get in front of me at a stop light. The light effectively went to an on ramp to a motorway so it was a 0-60 situation. I was directly behind the BMW and he was at the light and he was creeping knowing I was behind... Light turns green, he floors it, I floor it.... but lo and be-fn-hold, the car decides to reduce my juice because I guess it judged I was going to go right into the back of him! M5 wnker then boosts way ahead and I "lose". Like WTF man I'm trying to prove a point here and it friggin makes me look like a fool! (it probably thinks it was making me look less like a fool by not getting into a petty race with a beamer but sometimes I want to be that guy! Let me be free!).

I've noticed this in all 2023.20 builds - is that happening to anyone else?

Another time when some douche in a BMW M5 was weaving in and of traffic managed to get in front of me at a stop light. The light effectively went to an on ramp to a motorway so it was a 0-60 situation. I was directly behind the BMW and he was at the light and he was creeping knowing I was behind... Light turns green, he floors it, I floor it.... but lo and be-fn-hold, the car decides to reduce my juice because I guess it judged I was going to go right into the back of him! M5 wnker then boosts way ahead and I "lose". Like WTF man I'm trying to prove a point here and it friggin makes me look like a fool! (it probably thinks it was making me look less like a fool by not getting into a petty race with a beamer but sometimes I want to be that guy! Let me be free!).
Meanwhile, on a BMW forum nearby...

"Them Teslas are cack innit - did one this morning on the slip road, driver bottled it an the car couldn't keep up anyway"

I don't know if this is due to the most recent update, but I've noticed that the car limits my power a lot more than normal in situations where it thinks I might be doing something "wrong".

Like, this morning, I was going down a London street and - as is usual - you wait behind a parked car to let another car come down the narrow road. As the car passed I took off and obviously gave it a bit of juice. But I guess the car thought I was going to drive into the back of the parked car (I wasn't...) and it curbed my power! This pisses me off because I know what the hell I'm doing and if I want power, the car should damn well give it to me (I also have AB)!

I've noticed this in all 2023.20 builds - is that happening to anyone else?

Obstacle-Aware Acceleration can be disabled, though according to the manual it only affects slow speed situations.

Reactions: QuanTim
I link the car to Teslafi. I noticed the the battery percentage decreasing, and it was not due sentry or cabin overheat protection.
I have been having this exact same issue with my new (4wk old) Model-Y too. Battery drain every night :( 205 miles 9pm last night, 193miles 8am this morning. No sentry mode, no cabin overheat. Reset multiple times this week. Also no auto pilot, it doesn't pick up other cars on the view, and no parking sensors any more (says that they are unavailable). Going on holiday soon and this drain will just kill it whilst it's parked up!

Reactions: JP1611
I have been having this exact same issue with my new (4wk old) Model-Y too. Battery drain every night :( 205 miles 9pm last night, 193miles 8am this morning. No sentry mode, no cabin overheat. Reset multiple times this week. Also no auto pilot, it doesn't pick up other cars on the view, and no parking sensors any more (says that they are unavailable). Going on holiday soon and this drain will just kill it whilst it's parked up!
What version of software do you have?
Miles lost is pretty meaningless for the rest of us - we don't know your efficiency - % is easier to work with.
Do you have any apps that connect to the car?
Pretty sure you don't have USS parking sensors, so what error are you getting?
I'd raise an SR if I was seeing errors and about to go on holiday.

Installing 2023.20.6 which, whilst not relevant to the U.K. at this point, contains FSD beta code!
it is installing in France & Germany.
@AnthonyLR you too?
That's interesting! It means they have finally merged FSD / non-FSD versions finally!
In the past users not enrolled for FSD beta would not receive the .x versions containing FSDbeta code, and they were usually at least one revision below current build... Promising.
And Elon mentioned that ASS (Actually Smart Summon) would be available in a month or so... probably using FSDb code then, even if still crippled by the 6m limitation in Europe...

Reactions: Dilly
What version of software do you have?
Miles lost is pretty meaningless for the rest of us - we don't know your efficiency - % is easier to work with.
Do you have any apps that connect to the car?
Pretty sure you don't have USS parking sensors, so what error are you getting?
I'd raise an SR if I was seeing errors and about to go on holiday.
Software: v11.1 (2023.20.4.1) on a new 2023 Model Y (got it end of May)
The drop overnight equates to 11.1% charge.
Only app I have is the Tesla app itself, and that was killed off on my iPhone overnight too.
Error wise, it just says "parking assist unavailable"

I ended up used the service request last night and waiting to hear back from them now. Should that take long? Just hoping there's not a backlog of services and they can look into it sooner rather than later. I'm assuming they can just remotely see more details about the energy usage than I can ....