Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.20.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just driven today after the update. There is definitely some improvement in battery management side. I am close to 174wh/miles even though there is no major change in weather or my driving - similar to last few months. Usually mine is around 220-230wh/miles. 1kwh is managing more than 5.5 miles and still going! Will see how it last over the next few days.
Noticed a slight drop but after motorway drivings. Still good considering the rain in the east. Still averaging 5 miles per kWh and at 195wh/miles. A good one which I sometime get in ideal weather conditions. So looking forward positively for the Italy trip. Hopefully can squeeze a bit more.

I'm guessing 2023.26 is at the moment aimed at cars without parking sensors as the bulk of the cars getting it seem to be 2022 and 2023 M3 and MY cars

My 22 model 3 has parking sensors (and an unused radar) but it's on 26.1 so that's not necessarily true

• Informative
Reactions: DrJFoster and goRt
Noticed a slight drop but after motorway drivings. Still good considering the rain in the east. Still averaging 5 miles per kWh and at 195wh/miles. A good one which I sometime get in ideal weather conditions. So looking forward positively for the Italy trip. Hopefully can squeeze a bit more.
Don't you think that if Tesla dropped a minor software release that automagically gave a 30% efficiency boost they'd be making a bit of noise about it?

Reactions: Cardo
Don't you think that if Tesla dropped a minor software release that automagically gave a 30% efficiency boost they'd be making a bit of noise about it?
Lol yeah comical. Post update mine is now around 355 (from 300), so it’s more likely that my battery has been automagically transferred to spdpsba than this software update gives 30% more efficiency. But hey, you can keep it mate, I am having fun.

Lol yeah comical. Post update mine is now around 355 (from 300), so it’s more likely that my battery has been automagically transferred to spdpsba than this software update gives 30% more efficiency. But hey, you can keep it mate, I am having fun.
"You get more indicated range and we've assumed you have an 80 knot tail wind"

They've changed the hard coded efficency numbers before but it never goes any further.

I’m a bit late to this thread but are people saying the displayed max range has gone up? If so, could this just be a switch to showing WLTP figures to cut down on all those “the website says x but my car says y, do I have a problem?” posts. If I’ve misunderstood, just ignore me!

I’m a bit late to this thread but are people saying the displayed max range has gone up? If so, could this just be a switch to showing WLTP figures to cut down on all those “the website says x but my car says y, do I have a problem?” posts. If I’ve misunderstood, just ignore me!
You have, it is hard to explain some of this on a forum. But see my watch for Tesla app which calculates overriding vehicle calculation based on recent driving.

so it’s more likely that my battery has been automagically transferred to spdpsba than this software update gives 30% more efficiency. But hey, you can keep it mate, I am having fun.
@Rob Smith see my watch for Tesla app matey to see the improved miles - btw mine is a LFP with 55kwh battery with usuable 53.5kwh. It’s display mile is around 262 and has dropped to 254 after 2 years and 6 months.

Attachments

• IMG_2218.jpeg
    IMG_2218.jpeg
    469.1 KB · Views: 69
You have, it is hard to explain some of this on a forum. But see my watch for Tesla app which calculates overriding vehicle calculation based on recent driving.
Watch for Tesla isn’t Tesla, so not what I was thinking. Tesla do change and tweak the API at times so it could be a change in that as a magical extra bit of range (eg a switch in the API from rated miles to miles based on recent history or vice versa).

Watch for Tesla isn’t Tesla, so not what I was thinking. Tesla do change and tweak the API at times so it could be a change in that as a magical extra bit of range (eg a switch in the API from rated miles to miles based on recent history or vice versa).
Yea it is not the same but we are looking at the results - increase in miles - after update. With some visible change in estimation (May be over estimation or recent software battery management) in watch for Tesla app. Whether Tesla app will reflect the same change is anyone’s guess. I don’t think the Tesla display is going to show 285 miles for a SR+. I guess that is what you are expecting!

@Rob Smith see my watch for Tesla app matey to see the improved miles - btw mine is a LFP with 55kwh battery with usuable 53.5kwh. It’s display mile is around 262 and has dropped to 254 after 2 years and 6 months.
Make sure you check your Watch for Tesla app to see if you’re on “estimated“ or “rated” mileage. Estimated is more realistic, rated is what the car shows according to EPA.

Make sure you check your Watch for Tesla app to see if you’re on “estimated“ or “rated” mileage. Estimated is more realistic, rated is what the car shows according to EPA.
But see my watch for Tesla app which calculates overriding vehicle calculation based on recent driving
See the above - overriding vehicle calculation - is estimated range.

On 20.9 and satellite terrain view is still buggered if you drop out of data service but come back in to service. Two-button reset still needed to fix.
For you, maybe. I'm on 20.9. Did a trip yesterday where I lost cellular for several minutes. The tiles just didn't load for a section of road ahead, but once cellular reconnected, the tiles loaded. It's always behaved like this for me when traveling through parts of Wales.