Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove on the A38 today towards Burton.
AP on at 70mph on the inside lane with little traffic around. Approached a car on the left waiting to join the A38 and the AP braked sharply (down to 50 mph before I took over). I assume it thought (incorrectly) the car joining was actually in my lane because of the angles.

Coming back the other way from Burton at 70mph, I passed over a slight hump back bridge and the AP (and TACC) dropped out completely with red steering wheel warning. I assume the AP lost the line of the road as the car's nose rose over the hump.

AP has become more of a liability than a help with the recent updates.

Motorway drive today with rain and spray was positively dangerous with the new unresponsive wipers. Autopilot on, couldn’t see a thing, then had the cheek to flash up Autopilot restricted due to poor visibility… if it actually wiped the darn screen it wouldn’t have been a problem.🤷
Autopilot on or off it refused to provide timely wiping. Currently on 30.7.

Reactions: Obie and ajmorr.is
Motorway drive today with rain and spray was positively dangerous with the new unresponsive wipers. Autopilot on, couldn’t see a thing, then had the cheek to flash up Autopilot restricted due to poor visibility… if it actually wiped the darn screen it wouldn’t have been a problem.🤷
Autopilot on or off it refused to provide timely wiping. Currently on 30.7.
Same as my experience a few days ago - I had to switch to manual.

Tesla must address this and increase the sensitivity somehow.

Same with me, I’ve had recent positive experiences at night too. They are just too reluctant to get going. I suspect something to do with the screen shape and aerodynamics to be the reason this is so difficult to get right. Regularly when you’re vision is obliterated by spray, if you stretch up to the top of the screen where the cameras are, the screen isn’t as bad.

Can’t say I have. But what did catch my attention is that that the park assist in my car is more accurately picking up and visualising narrower objects :

IMG_7826.jpeg

In the past I thought it would just indicate a generic broad line for any objects that was in the path of the sensor. Is it possible that TV and USS are working in harmony here? Or has this always happened?

No, that’s just the USS sensors doing their thing as normal. That bollard is pretty thick so it’s being picked up by the two sensors, hence the line.

If you went back another 6” or so further the USS would probably loose the bollard in their dead zone and it would disappear from the readout.

Reactions: doats1
After raising a service request to inform Tesla of the “lane departure avoidance features unavailable” warning regularly display on my car and further informing them that many others are exhibiting the same issue and my thoughts of it not being specific to my car, I’ve just received this from the service team.

IMG_4374.jpeg

It’ll be interesting to see what they replace. I often get the same warnings and ignore them. Probably just needs a new car 😂
I’ve explained several times to them that I don’t think it’s just my car. It was introduced for me about 44.1

I’m not sure what wording they think has changed because I still get countless blocked and blinded warnings so it can’t be that.

I took several photos of the warnings and they checked the logs. I was just expecting them to say thanks for reporting and we are aware of the bug and it will be fixed in an upcoming update.

Ho hum.

Reactions: Dilly
I’ve explained several times to them that I don’t think it’s just my car. It was introduced for me about 44.1

I’m not sure what wording they think has changed because I still get countless blocked and blinded warnings so it can’t be that.

I took several photos of the warnings and they checked the logs. I was just expecting them to say thanks for reporting and we are aware of the bug and it will be fixed in an upcoming update.

Ho hum.
I've been getting the Lane Departure Features not available for a few weeks, I put it down to an update borking it.

Will also be interested if they end up changing parts as then I will put in a service request.

What with the blinded cameras, it's dark, the warnings in the bottom of the screen are becoming an irritant.

Reactions: Adopado and Durzel
I've been getting the Lane Departure Features not available for a few weeks, I put it down to an update borking it.

Will also be interested if they end up changing parts as then I will put in a service request.

What with the blinded cameras, it's dark, the warnings in the bottom of the screen are becoming an irritant.

I've also been getting this on my Model 3 since a few updates back.