Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.14.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think it's any development, the visualisation we now see is still not as advanced or detailed as what the US version of FSD was showing in 2020, let alone where the US version is now.

I guess all it shows how cripple we are in Europe with software development, as the hardware in the US cars are identical.

tesla-fsd-vis.jpeg
Yeah but they added more vehicles, brake lights and such. So yes maybe not a lot of effort in the scheme of things but why not just give everyone the FSD visuals. It's not like even in the US you pay for those graphics so sharing with all isn't a big deal.

However I do think might be more to this. Saw on video that suggested Tesla does also use mapping data quite a bit. Guess HD maps as some companies call it so possible they just don't have HD maps of anywhere else so no choice.

Yeah but they added more vehicles, brake lights and such. So yes maybe not a lot of effort in the scheme of things but why not just give everyone the FSD visuals. It's not like even in the US you pay for those graphics so sharing with all isn't a big deal.

However I do think might be more to this. Saw on video that suggested Tesla does also use mapping data quite a bit. Guess HD maps as some companies call it so possible they just don't have HD maps of anywhere else so no choice.

The "FSD visuals" are built upon the occupancy network - the foundation of FSDb. We don't run that codebase (I drive beside an ebike for 1/2 mile and it was rendered in 2 places as both side cameras knew where it was)

The "FSD visuals" are built upon the occupancy network - the foundation of FSDb. We don't run that codebase (I drive beside an ebike for 1/2 mile and it was rendered in 2 places as both side cameras knew where it was)
Yeah my question is why don't we? I get they cannot give us the self driving but they could use it to give us visuals. They do use the occupancy network for the high fidelity parking assist.

Auto lane change feels like it has rolled beck to an old version. If there's *any* traffic it simply won't work or gets halfway and gives up. I haven't seen behaviour that bad since 2019. it's been getting steadily better as they tweaked it. Just came back from a long journey and started disenganging AP to change lanes manually again as it wasn't worth the stress.

Last edited:
Reactions: JupiterMan
Auto lane change feels like it has rolled beck to an old version. If there's *any* traffic it simply won't work or gets halfway and gives up. I haven't seen behaviour that bad since 2019. it's been getting steadily better as they tweaked it. Just came back from a long journey and started disenganging AP to change lanes manually again as it wasn't worth the stress.
Which version 🤦

Anyone had assist emergency brake kick in since 2024.14? Ours has done it a few times almost causing collisions. Didn't once do it prior for 18 months. Reported it to Tesla.
Had it a couple times last year. In both instances it occurred when a pedestrian or a cyclist was coming quite fast from the left and stopped a little too close to the car to its liking. Instead of going straight through the green light, the AEB slammed the brakes, much to the confusion of the cyclist/pedestrian, (and also the car behind me)... had to explain it wasn't my doing...

Would love to have a toggle "slam the inattentive cyclist that doesn't have right of way rather than get rear-ended by the white van behind" in AP settings....

Reactions: Darreno
Anyone had assist emergency brake kick in since 2024.14? Ours has done it a few times almost causing collisions. Didn't once do it prior for 18 months. Reported it to Tesla.
It's always done it. Bugs out when wider lanes merge into two and it can't decide which one to take
Bugs out coming into centre lane from fast if there's a lorry on the left.. probably because the visual inductor keeps showing the lorry glitching into the centre lane..something they clearly can't fix as it hasn't been so far.
On way back from a 600 mile round trip, and while it is fine most of the time the few times it does bug out just ruins any confidence in the whole thing

It's always done it. Bugs out when wider lanes merge into two and it can't decide which one to take
Bugs out coming into centre lane from fast if there's a lorry on the left.. probably because the visual inductor keeps showing the lorry glitching into the centre lane..something they clearly can't fix as it hasn't been so far.
On way back from a 600 mile round trip, and while it is fine most of the time the few times it does bug out just ruins any confidence in the whole thing
Its an odd one. Not once in 18 months. I am having some guy on FB telling me im lying about how I use my car :rolleyes: Even sent the footage. Not sure why I bothered, cesspit of a place. Too many die hard fanboys lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonnymack74