Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.14.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's always done it. Bugs out when wider lanes merge into two and it can't decide which one to take
Bugs out coming into centre lane from fast if there's a lorry on the left.. probably because the visual inductor keeps showing the lorry glitching into the centre lane..something they clearly can't fix as it hasn't been so far.
On way back from a 600 mile round trip, and while it is fine most of the time the few times it does bug out just ruins any confidence in the whole thing
I don't think it's can't fix but simply won't fix on the legacy code we are stuck with. I think FSD in the USA probably has that and many other issues we face all solved or at least it's far better. They focus all their developer effort on that FSD stack and until we eventually get that, we are left with code that no one at Tesla is probably working on or has worked on for many years.

Reactions: JupiterMan
Downloaded 2024.14.9 today and went for a drive on the motorway. Tried using NOA (EAP) to see if there were any improvements and as car approached a slower moving lorry in lane 1, it suggested moving into the faster lane but there were 2 vehicles overtaking at the time! Even the wing camera showed the red edge (car in blind spot indication). Probably not a new problem but doesn't inspire confidence.

Ya as somebody pointed out earlier , the rear camera does appear tad low resolution compared to the repeaters . I have a feeling that the image is cropped where as the repeaters seem to be zoomed out more, hence more resolution.
I hope Tesla acknowledges this and fixes it soon 🤞

Downloaded 2024.14.9 today and went for a drive on the motorway. Tried using NOA (EAP) to see if there were any improvements and as car approached a slower moving lorry in lane 1, it suggested moving into the faster lane but there were 2 vehicles overtaking at the time! Even the wing camera showed the red edge (car in blind spot indication). Probably not a new problem but doesn't inspire confidence.
The car just suggests moving to lane 2 (implicit when safe to do so, just like when you took your test), so even if you had put your indicator, it wouldn't have started to change lanes until it was clear.
No particular issues here, but I agree it would be smarter if the suggestion would only appear when the lane check assists confirm it can at the same time.

I am guessing this is only because we have crippled EAP/FSD due to UNECE regs that mandate the lane change must be initiated by the driver.
In full FSD you wouldn't get the suggestion and the car would only change lane when safe to do so..

I am guessing this is only because we have crippled EAP/FSD due to UNECE regs that mandate the lane change must be initiated by the driver.
In full FSD you wouldn't get the suggestion and the car would only change lane when safe to do so..
You are guessing, there is absolutely nothing in the regulations that stops Tesla only showing the suggestion when its safe to do so, nor for that matter completing a lane change once initiated in good time. If they don't know whether a car can complete a lane change within the time limit then why would they even start it, and if they don't know how long its going to take.. why not?

Reactions: MrBadger
You are guessing, there is absolutely nothing in the regulations that stops Tesla only showing the suggestion when its safe to do so, nor for that matter completing a lane change once initiated in good time. If they don't know whether a car can complete a lane change within the time limit then why would they even start it, and if they don't know how long its going to take.. why not?
I didn't made myself clear.
I mean they added the lane change suggestions in a hurry because they had to comply with UNECE regs and therefore have crippled auto lane change.
This is not a problem they have in the US because this screen isn't showing, as the car simply changes lane by itself.

And sadly with all things Tesla, a suboptimal UX in Europe never gets fixed because their sole focus is US FSD...
Of course they could do something much better as you suggested, suggesting the change only when completion is possible, and not swerving back mid way as well.. but it's been years and we have nothing to show for it, so I've lost faith a little and not particularly holding my breath for improvements in this department..

Reactions: goRt
For the first time, both our cars got a software notification to go from 2024.14.8 to 2024.14.9 at exactly the same time. Because I'm sad, I noticed that the update on the Ryzen based car said it was going to take 55mins, and on the Atom based car, it said 45mins.

My conclusion is that the big picture of the car the newer vehicle shows is a very large file :p

For the first time, both our cars got a software notification to go from 2024.14.8 to 2024.14.9 at exactly the same time. Because I'm sad, I noticed that the update on the Ryzen based car said it was going to take 55mins, and on the Atom based car, it said 45mins.

My conclusion is that the big picture of the car the newer vehicle shows is a very large file :p
…or the atom car gets all the bandwidth 😂

• Funny
Reactions: spooksman
This is probably going to be controversial, but during this week’s heavier-than-usual driving around (trips from south-east to north-west and Midlands) I’ve found I’ve been preferring motorway/highway driving to be done in “full visualisation” mode.

I never, ever thought this would be the case (and am on record as saying elsewhere here that this was the feature nobody had been asking for!)

The reason? The arrangement of driving widgets have all moved position to cluster in the top right corner of the screen in this mode letting me see all necessary driving info in a single glance.

I’m sure many will call me crazy (I’m not sure I’m not!) but the full screen vis feature has been the surprise of the patch for me.

• Informative
Reactions: gangzoom and Parrog