Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That picture was about 10 minutes before I got there. Shortly afterwards it updated to say 4 bays would be available and 2 other cars were on their way (not sure what happened to the other 3).

When I got there there were 2 cars charging, 2 bays available and 4 bays closed off with barriers. During the 30 minutes we were charging one other car left and one arrived. Sarn is a Tesla only site.

Who knows, maybe the two cars charging were the 2 that were ahead of me, maybe Tesla didn't know about the 4 bays closed due to groundworks that didn't look to be anything to do with them. I had navigated to the SuperCharger, it wasn't the cars choice to go there (as the car didn't know where I was going next).

I upgraded to 2024.8.9 and just saw this no connectivity message. Is this new? Previously my radio or Spotify would just have the controls greyed out. Or have I just been lucky and not had any connectivity issues for a while?

Attachments

• 20240418_200312.jpg
    20240418_200312.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 7
Morning.
Has anyone noticed, or not noticed, the decline of FSD and Adaptive cruise being worse?
When I look at notatesla app, the updates say V11.4.9 2024.8.9 But mine is V11.1 2024.8. 9?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Oh, and I need a NSF black wing as some woman on her phone reversed into me.

That is FSD V11.4.9 not UI version. v11.1 in your car/app is the UI version.

Has anyone noticed, or not noticed, the decline of FSD and Adaptive cruise being worse?
Can you clarify what you mean here, as I am a little confused by the double negative.
Do you mean a decline in the efficacy of FSD/TACC e.g. The experience has declined, or do you mean an improvement (decline in it being bad/worse).

Reactions: Mr Simo
Morning.
When I look at notatesla app, the updates say V11.4.9 2024.8.9 But mine is V11.1 2024.8. 9?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Oh, and I need a NSF black wing as some woman on her phone reversed into me.
I drove 175 miles along the M4 then back again on Sunday, didn't really notice any difference in EAP.

Reactions: Mr Simo
Whilst it’s a minor inconvenience, I do actually like to detect when car is offline. Previously it was an indicator that all was not right running up to our MCU failure. I still get it occasionally, most notably when parked in partially underground car park, so that can be ignored. But other rare occurrences I’m still interested in.

As a result of new behaviour, I had set TeslaFi to treat offline as sleep, but I still got offline notification email many times a day - TeslaFi emails me if car has been offline for more than 60 minutes. So I have now turned that off as it’s now unreliable.

I had hoped that 2024.8.9 might have reinstated previous behaviour, but clearly not. But at least I know I’m in the same boat as many others, albeit with many of those blissfully unaware of the change in behaviour.

It says on my car, 2024.8.9 V11.1. My app says V11.1
On the website, it says 2024.8.9 V11.4.9
I'm asking what version is the UK Tesla on?
And the second question was regarding FSD, it seems worse, like the M4 has a traffic light between Junc 11- 10.
Sorry for the confusion.

Reactions: Oxid8ter
They are the same thing. FSD 11.4.9 is the FSD version within v11.1 (2024.8.9). Think of it as if FSD were an App and the UI is the operating system (like iOS or Android). The App is one version, the car's MCU software is another.

And the second question was regarding FSD, it seems worse, like the M4 has a traffic light between Junc 11- 10.
Sorry for the confusion.
No need to apologise, I was likely overthinking it, but thanks for clarifying. I couldn't personally comment on Autopilot effectiveness as I rarely use it... was just asking for clarification incase someone else who was able to comment overthought the wording in the same way that I did :)

Random traffic lights on motorways and especially in tunnels is not a new thing. The latter is totally reproducible in same locations and pretty obvious what is causing the confusion. Traffic lights on motorways seems to be caused by spurious lights on gantry’s, especially red dots. But I have seen phantom traffic lights for no obvious reason, but may have missed what as I was too busy trying to remember how to stop the car from stopping with stop sign control.

That’s the reason why I turned off stop line control functionality, all to easy to miss the prompt to override and the car start to stop for the phantom traffic light.

It’s not new. At least a 2-3 years old problem, but some causes not always obvious or reproducible.

Needs to be smarter in built up areas to turn off high beam
Absolutely. For me, high beam, adaptive or no, is a non-starter as long as the car isn't smart(er) about turning them off in towns, on roads with cycling paths next to them, etc.
(Today, even with properly calibrated head lights, I get flashed every now and then, just because the normal head lights are so very bright. Never mind high beams...)

• Disagree
Reactions: Utumno
Absolutely. For me, high beam, adaptive or no, is a non-starter as long as the car isn't smart(er) about turning them off in towns, on roads with cycling paths next to them, etc.
(Today, even with properly calibrated head lights, I get flashed every now and then, just because the normal head lights are so very bright. Never mind high beams...)
Never get flashed in the Tesla now. Matrix / Adaptives seem to be one of the better things they have done. Personally i like that they stay on a little more in town

Sorry for the confusion.

My car (both my S and the previous 3) and my neighbours car also stutter at the same point on this part of the m4. travelling eastbound you go up the hill, past the first speed cameras and then before the next bridge (cutbush lane?) it tries to stop. Think i've worked it out that the car spots a roundabout sign on the road to the left of the motorway and takes a while to work out it is not relevant. while it does that it slows considerably. That all said Wed night it drove the section with out a stutter for the first time in 4 years. have been oin v11 for a while but had mcu2 put in todat - will try it next week.

Disappointing news tonight. According to notateslaapp the latest version of the 2023.3 branch dropped tonight, and brings the much awaited Enhanced Park Assist and new Autopark using vision to USS cars.
But, contrary to what was promised before, there is no sensor fusion, just a toggle switch to opt to use the ´newer’ version, which uses solely Vision and hence would disable USS sensors for this.
Not sure I’ll want to give it a try.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Disappointing news tonight. According to notateslaapp the latest version of the 2023.3 branch dropped tonight, and brings the much awaited Enhanced Park Assist and new Autopark using vision to USS cars.
But, contrary to what was promised before, there is no sensor fusion, just a toggle switch to opt to use the ´newer’ version, which uses solely Vision and hence would disable USS sensors for this.
Not sure I’ll want to give it a try.
When and where was “sensor fusion” promised? I think I missed this memo…