Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe this has more to do with radars. France regs have changed a while ago and you can no longer show them precisely on the map, instead you may display a 'zone' that spans across a couple miles where one is present (they're not necessarily average speed ones, still a spot flash).

Essentially this add the radars map to France like we already have here.

My wife had a Peugeot about 10 years ago with something like this. French law made it illegal to use radar detectors or maps showing speed camera locations. The way round it was to show areas where extra care is needed - can't remember exactly what terminology they used.

My wife had a Peugeot about 10 years ago with something like this. French law made it illegal to use radar detectors or maps showing speed camera locations. The way round it was to show areas where extra care is needed - can't remember exactly what terminology they used.
my Mondeo used to always notify me about speed cameras with "Caution"

Road closure would be helpful if accurate. Tesla nav is crap and has caused me significant delays during road closure season

Will be interesting to see how quickly it responds to this weekends pre-planned M25 mayhem. And more interestingly, what alternatives it comes up with, especially unofficial detours - plenty of opportunities for it to come up with a magical mystery tour, or two.

Source at Highways suggested potential for some to be caught in 15 hours of delays if unofficial routes become gridlocked.

Reactions: randompixel

Tesla has modified some code in the app related to Auto Park and Smart Summon according to Tesla_App_iOS.

The updated references in the app could point to the expected revamp of Smart Summon or the upcoming improvements to Auto Park in the near future

It may be potentially what Musk was referring to in terms of ‘cool stuff’ coming this month (matrix headlights) and in April (smart summon etc)… Time will tell.

Last edited:
1000003226.png

Making the turn signal icons clearer is welcome.

Redesigned WiFi and Bluetooth settings panels as well

Tesla has modified some code in the app related to Auto Park and Smart Summon according to Tesla_App_iOS.

The updated references in the app could point to the expected revamp of Smart Summon or the upcoming improvements to Auto Park in the near future

It may be potentially what Musk was referring to in terms of ‘cool stuff’ coming this month (matrix headlights) and in April (smart summon etc)… Time will tell.
I'm hoping one of the cool things he means is the Model 3 Ludicrous coming out finally.

• Funny
Reactions: M00cow
This is THE update i have been waiting for as unless your driving on a flat straight road the dipped beam pattern has always wound me up along anyone i've been blinding with my lights.
Unless I'm mistaken it's the high beam that adjusts, the regular dipped main beam is unaltered?

Basically instead of your headlights turning off in the face of oncoming traffic, lights, etc instead it will blank out oncoming cars, leaving the headlights on.

Tesla beam patterns can be a bit all over the place, I don't think this update will change that.

Unless I'm mistaken it's the high beam that adjusts, the regular dipped main beam is unaltered?

Basically instead of your headlights turning off in the face of oncoming traffic, lights, etc instead it will blank out oncoming cars, leaving the headlights on.

Tesla beam patterns can be a bit all over the place, I don't think this update will change that.
Yes, I don't think it will make any difference to those that flash you thinking your headlights aren't dipped when they are

Reactions: Durzel

I had adaptive lights on a BMW X3 (pre laser light version) and that worked in same way, would just block out sections of high beams