Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024 Order to Delivery discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

would like some advice and have some feedback based on your experience

Recently decided get a Tesla Model 3 RWD through the electric Scheme from my company, the lease company used is Arval, a few days after the quote submitted and approved got the email from Tesla with the Order number, with and RN number and able to see it in the tesla App.

trying to get some traction on the order as i can see there is pre-configured cars available immediately with my specification but seem my order is on hold between the lease company and Tesla

Anyone went through the same and what is your experience is there a way to see if can be expedited, or what is the expected time i should expect for my order to move forward .

Thanks
There was a post in another thread about Arval issues: 2024 Shipping Movements

Ordered 16th Feb MY LR Midnight silver, had the app go Feb-Mar, Mar-Apr. Now Apr-May. Tusker just rang to say midnight silver no longer available so would I accept Quicksilver as a nocost change. Problem is when is it going to arrive now ? June-July. Wouldnt mind, but sold my car in march :(

Ordered 16th Feb MY LR Midnight silver, had the app go Feb-Mar, Mar-Apr. Now Apr-May. Tusker just rang to say midnight silver no longer available so would I accept Quicksilver as a nocost change. Problem is when is it going to arrive now ? June-July. Wouldnt mind, but sold my car in march :(
Ordered the exact same car through Tusker start of January but asked them to delay delivery until start of April and have a deliovery slot of 1st April to end of May - had the same phonecall from them this afternoon offering me the choice of Quicksilver or to cancel my order and start again at the current prices they have (which are very bloated) rather than swap my order for a different colour. I;ve even found other colours in stock via Tesla themselves at the Birmingham showroom. Not impressed with Tusker :(

Ordered the exact same car through Tusker start of January but asked them to delay delivery until start of April and have a deliovery slot of 1st April to end of May - had the same phonecall from them this afternoon offering me the choice of Quicksilver or to cancel my order and start again at the current prices they have (which are very bloated) rather than swap my order for a different colour. I;ve even found other colours in stock via Tesla themselves at the Birmingham showroom. Not impressed with Tusker :(
Finally had the app change last night to quicksilver with EDD 20 May - 4 June. Hopefully they will stick with that

Anyone know if it’s possible to delay delivery or rather order in advance?
I want to take advantage of the low APR on the MY but my M3 lease doesn’t end for a few more months. Lease company say they can order 6 months in advance but they can’t offer anything close to Tesla’s offer.

Ordered my MYP in Midnight Silver with white interior, tow bar on the 28th February with estimated delivery of Feb-Mar at the time! Then it changed to Mar-Apr and then Apr-May. They called last Thursday to say no Midnight Silver but I could have Quicksilver and now it's estimated Jun-Jul. Will this come from China or Berlin..? And are there any recent changes/updates/upgrades to the car e.g. battery etc. Still waiting for the app to update...

Ordered my MYP in Midnight Silver with white interior, tow bar on the 28th February with estimated delivery of Feb-Mar at the time! Then it changed to Mar-Apr and then Apr-May. They called last Thursday to say no Midnight Silver but I could have Quicksilver and now it's estimated Jun-Jul. Will this come from China or Berlin..? And are there any recent changes/updates/upgrades to the car e.g. battery etc. Still waiting for the app to update...
Sounds similar to me, ordered 16th Feb MY LR Midnight had the same delivery changes and then the colour change to quicksilver, just had confirmation of delivery for 18th May Manchester so presuming mines on RCC Compass due in 9th May not had a VIN so can't confirm, rumours of hw4 update, but guess I'll only know when I get it.

Anyone know if it’s possible to delay delivery or rather order in advance?
I want to take advantage of the low APR on the MY but my M3 lease doesn’t end for a few more months. Lease company say they can order 6 months in advance but they can’t offer anything close to Tesla’s offer.
Its a game of chance, I had intended to do similar with my M3 - I wanted to buy it outright, but was waiting on inheritance. I was told that I could order it and when I was matched I could push it back by 20 days, and then again by another 20 days, after which if I did not take it my order would be cancelled. (I was told this by a staff member at the Nottingham Showroom)

What I ended up opting to do was to order using finance, knowing that I could clear it when my inheritance came through, though if your current vehicle is on finance, having 2 in parallel is likely not feasible. Have you considered asking your current lease company if you are able to return the car early should your new Tesla be ready ahead of the end of your current plan?

Put my order in with my company's Sal Sac (ALD) on Friday 12th, shortly got confirmation it was accepted. Monday 15th got emails from Tesla to create my account along with a RN number. EDD of 14th May to 29th May. Later in the evening received a text to say it will be delivered 15th May. All very quick. Model 3, RWD, Ultra Red.

Reactions: pritchEV
Sounds similar to me, ordered 16th Feb MY LR Midnight had the same delivery changes and then the colour change to quicksilver, just had confirmation of delivery for 18th May Manchester so presuming mines on RCC Compass due in 9th May not had a VIN so can't confirm, rumours of hw4 update, but guess I'll only know when I get it.
Email on Tuesday to say it's now Quicksilver but the App hasn't changed yet and I don't know whether the MYP comes from Germany or China..!? Initially told Jun-July in this colour but I can order a new one on the T website for May-June...I'm hoping for May...!

Hi folks,

After about 4 years of wanting a m3 I am getting one. I remember when the m3 first was coming to the UK, users of the site were able to track the ships going to southampton. I am due to pick mine up in Brum next month on the 14th and wondered if it would be on a ship now etc. How could I track it and if so how I would I figure out what ship. I am beyond excited.....

Thanks, Ben.

After about 4 years of wanting a m3 I am getting one. I remember when the m3 first was coming to the UK, users of the site were able to track the ships going to southampton. I am due to pick mine up in Brum next month on the 14th and wondered if it would be on a ship now etc. How could I track it and if so how I would I figure out what ship. I am beyond excited.....

Welcome to the sometimes crazy world of Tesla ownership.

Based on Mr Miserable's post here, I'd hazard a guess that your car is on RCC Compass.

• Love
Reactions: benjamin1234
Hi folks,

Thanks, Ben.
Hi Ben,

I'm picking mine up from Longbridge on 16th May. Our cars are on RCC Compass which is currently north of Cape Town :)

• Love
Reactions: benjamin1234
Hi Ben,

I'm picking mine up from Longbridge on 16th May. Our cars are on RCC Compass which is currently north of Cape Town :)
Hey, thank you so much yes I am picking mine up there too on the 14th at 10:00 am, I am so excited!! I had a google of Longbridge and I am guessing this is a new place - it used to be the NEC. I would go and walk around all the new cars and dreaming of collecting one ha and now they have changed the location.

Hey, thank you so much yes I am picking mine up there too on the 14th at 10:00 am, I am so excited!! I had a google of Longbridge and I am guessing this is a new place - it used to be the NEC. I would go and walk around all the new cars and dreaming of collecting one ha and now they have changed the location.
Yes mate its a new location, looks a nice building with good lighting inside as well so we can check our cars over properly with no rain :)

The parking bays their have all got charging points as well so we'll have a full charge when we collect them 🙌

What spec have you gone for?

Oh very nice sounds awesome actually. I have gone with the base spec, in the new gray, black trim and the new areo wheels. I wanted long range but to be fair I do less than 20 miles in a day and would have been a bit silly! What did you go for?
I'm getting the standard range, black interior with ultra red paint and the 19' alloys. I was the same mate, didn't think the long range was worth the extra cost with the pretty low milage we do.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 17.07.38.jpeg.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 17.07.38.jpeg.png
    945.9 KB · Views: 4