Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024 Order to Delivery discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if true i think that's really poor of Tesla... the cars are prepped for the customer the day before pickup, SURELY it would make common sense to wack it onto a charger that they have on site so that the customer picks up with 100%?!
Its all down to logistics I think. Its easy for us to go "how hard is it to whack it on a charger the day before" but then you need to move the car to a charger and back x however many cars are on site. Then there is the business side of it - why the added expense (in the event of no SuC on site) of charging a car for the customer when you can leave the onus on them.

Like I said its all well and good for us to complain but we are thinking of one car, they are thinking of 100's of 1,000's.

It's logistics and they will be processing a huge number of cars in a short space of time so probably won't even have time to move all the cars to chargers then out again, etc.

I know they used to offer free supercharging miles if they deliver it with low charge, anyone know if that's still a thing?

Reactions: Oxid8ter
Just a reflection, I ordered a £50k M3H in November, and I have had a text from Tesla that it will be delivered on Monday 29th Jan which is great news. However, there hasn't been a single communication after that and all that is in the app is 'delivery scheduled', that's it, silence.

I recently ordered a £50 pair of trainers and I got an update to confirm the order; update on packing/processing; a out for delivery update; an update from the courier with options for delivery; an estimated delivery date with a window for delivery; an update the night before to remind me of delivery; an update on the day to expect delivery and an update to show they had delivered.

I find the lack of comms very uncomfortable, or is it just me?

Reactions: KeithA
Just a reflection, I ordered a £50k M3H in November, and I have had a text from Tesla that it will be delivered on Monday 29th Jan which is great news. However, there hasn't been a single communication after that and all that is in the app is 'delivery scheduled', that's it, silence.

I recently ordered a £50 pair of trainers and I got an update to confirm the order; update on packing/processing; a out for delivery update; an update from the courier with options for delivery; an estimated delivery date with a window for delivery; an update the night before to remind me of delivery; an update on the day to expect delivery and an update to show they had delivered.

I find the lack of comms very uncomfortable, or is it just me?
It's the behavior based on supply and demand. If Tesla feels it's in demand, there's no incentive to change this kind of successful behavior that keeps bringing in profits.

Reactions: init6
pretty much the same to me.. I don't even get an email for pickup time slot, it was assigned to me and I need to go change with them in live chat.

however the pickup center called me to see if I would like to re-schedule to an earlier date to pick up the M3H.

or is it just me?
Yes and No depending on whether it is your First Tesla or not? If that is your first Tesla then I can reassure you Tesla does most of the delivery and collection stuff on your app. Your vehicle details will be available on the Tesla app. And you normally get a text to say time to schedule your collection. If you have already done that then you will receive a text on the 28th to say your scheduled time and date and option to rearrange if you can’t make it on your selected day. And that’s it.

If you are not new to Tesla then I don’t have to explain the procedure and by now you are used to how they do it. Whether it is right or not is a different discussion.

It’s coming on 29th, what more do you want to know?
Just looking at my order comms; I imagine to date you will have actually got a thanks for your order email, a VIN update email and text, finance updates (if applicable), a number plate update email and text, emails pestering you to complete registration and the delivery date updating in the app…if anything I could have done with fewer comms and still been informed enough.

One could make an argument that it’s better to have too many updates than not enough.

Excessive messages you can choose to ignore, insufficient updates might leave people wondering if it’s definitely happening.

To be honest, by now - 26/01/2024, I would like to think that I would have received an indication of whether it will be an AM or PM delivery, if not an actual hour slot. If other companies can manage this, it isn’t beyond the wit of man.

They changed the amount of charge based think on government guidelines. But when I picked my Y up last June they also give you some supercharger miles which should be enough to top up nearby if needed.

Bear in mind also some collection sites don’t have superchargers so charging a ton of new deliveries would take forever

Edit: here is the email I got

100 miles of Free Supercharging​
Due to a new industry policy, your vehicle must be shipped with a max 50% charge—meaning your Model Y charge status may be lower than our usual standard at your delivery appointment.​
We are giving you 100 miles of free Supercharging for the inconvenience. You will be able to redeem your Supercharging credit a few days after delivery in the Loot Box in your Tesla app.​

It’s coming on 29th, what more do you want to know?
Haha, I suppose I am lucky to know that although it would be good to know at least an approximate time so I can plan my meetings etc...

I didn't receive any of the texts/emails apart from delivery day text. The app was updated with VIN and reg but delivery section just says "scheduled".

One the comms that would have been interesting/helpful/reassuring, I suppose: "your car has arrived in the UK and is being prepared for transport"; "your car has arrived at our distribution centre in London"; "your car will be delivered on this day and time (at least am/pm)"; "your car is on the way and will have x charge".

They have all this information anyway so why not share it?

Last edited:
They changed the amount of charge based think on government guidelines. But when I picked my Y up last June they also give you some supercharger miles which should be enough to top up nearby if needed.

Bear in mind also some collection sites don’t have superchargers so charging a ton of new deliveries would take forever

Edit: here is the email I got
think that free supercharger miles has been discountinued. Read that somewhere on this forum. Hope i'm wrong.

Haha, I suppose I am lucky to know that although it would be good to know at least an approximate time so I can plan my meetings etc...

I didn't receive any of the texts/emails apart from delivery day text. The app was updated with VIN and reg but delivery section just says "scheduled".

One the comms that would have been interesting/helpful/reassuring, I suppose: "your car has arrived in the UK and is being prepared for transport"; "your car ilhas arrived at our distribution centre in London"; "your car will be delivered on this day and time (at least am/pm)"; "your car is on the way and will have x charge".

They have all this information anyway so why not share it?
Sounds like it’s inconsistent. Perhaps it really is just a fella in Texas sending updates when he gets the chance and he didn’t have your details to hand.
Your idea of ‘arrived in UK’ would probably raise more Helpdesk queries on why it takes a week to go 10 miles down the road etc. Sometimes less is more (albeit looks like you didn’t get the basics)

This is our first Tesla. I know you don't get the silk sheet 'reveal' bullshit, but what does Tesla preparation consist of? Is the car cleaned/polished or is it came off the boat plus Port grime?
With the difficulty we have had insuring a unregistered car it makes you appreciate the four days complimentary insurance Audi offers!

Last edited:
First Post but have been reading through a lot of posts from others. Ordered a M3H for company car last week, expected delivery to be a couple of months or so but my app updated this morning to EDD 15 May - 18 July. In your experience is 5-6 months the typical lead time?

First Post but have been reading through a lot of posts from others. Ordered a M3H for company car last week, expected delivery to be a couple of months or so but my app updated this morning to EDD 15 May - 18 July. In your experience is 5-6 months the typical lead time?
Seems quite long, but there have been others that have said the same thing on this forum. Think it’s just a case of waiting and hoping that it shortens