Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024 Order to Delivery discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I lease 2.
Both times the lease has been linked to the email I use for the Tesla account (and hence app to provide pre delivery info).
Both times Tesla has automatically made the car available to me in the app on collection.
Both times I cannot add another driver without the lease company doing it (which takes a few days for the car to hit their systems as delivered to be possible, but only took a day turnaround when requested)
Thanks for this

As a driver of the car, it makes absolute sense that you should be able to connect to phone and have full access to the vehicle. I cannot confirm you for sure about leasing with Tusker, but I have got PCC and I am technically not an owner until I pay off the loan, even though the first thing I did when collecting a car is setting up a phone as a key and adding payment card for Supercharger.
Thanks for this

MYLR delivered on Wednesday, thought it would be on a trailer but was driven to me from Longbridge, had 89% charge on arrival!

App access was after about 5 hours, emailed Kinto to add my additional driver on Thursday and was added within a few hours. Also got 15,000 points which I was not expecting as a Loyalty Credit.

So far, so good. Only thing I can’t do is connect to my Wifi, which is weird as the M3LR sat next to it (being picked up next week) connects fine - any idea why?

With CA Auto/Drivalia dragging their heels, I took the opportunity to switch my collection from Newcastle to Manchester (35 mins away vs 3 hours). Provisional collection now on Friday, but this relies on CA actually sending me emails this time. Given that only seemed to happen when I rang them, I'm expecting to spend a lot of time on hold this week as I chase each step again to make sure I can collect on Friday!

MYLR delivered on Wednesday, thought it would be on a trailer but was driven to me from Longbridge, had 89% charge on arrival!

App access was after about 5 hours, emailed Kinto to add my additional driver on Thursday and was added within a few hours. Also got 15,000 points which I was not expecting as a Loyalty Credit.

So far, so good. Only thing I can’t do is connect to my Wifi, which is weird as the M3LR sat next to it (being picked up next week) connects fine - any idea why?
Have you noticed any vibrations on the steering when doing 65-70mph ? do you have the 18" or 19" alloys ?

MYLR delivered today, almost very slick end to end, but not quite

[Fri 8 Mar] Audi tell me 6mo wait if i order Q4 and no surround cam, just rear cam due to supply shortages, no retrofit or discount
[Sat 9 Mar 10:00] Place order through Tesla App for Model Y AWD, Pearl White, 19", black interior, and tow hitch & approved for finance.
Car is in transit to Southampton eta 19-31 Mar
[Sat 9 Mar 11:00] VIN Assigned
[Sat 9 Mar 14:00] Reg Assigned
[Tues 12 Mar] Email CA Auto Finance asking about finance agreement to sign as no sign of one yet
[Tues 12 Mar 15:00] Notification i can book collection, offered Fri 15 or Sat 16. Booked Sat 10am due to work on Fri
[Wed 13 Mar 16:00] Get the CA Finance docs through, sign digitally and get copy Thursday morning
[Fri 15th Mar 15:00] Get email notifying 100 free supercharger miles due to SoC of battery in shipping.
[Sat 16th 08:00] Get notification from Southampton delivery that CA haven't uploaded the doc to their portal so can't release the car at 10am!!
Try calling CA, but dept only open Mon-Fri, try another customer service number that does open at 9, but they can't help.
[Sat 16th 09:50] On chat with Tesla, trying to work out next steps and when to reschedule, and theysay the doc has just been upoaded from CA, so can still collect and reschedule for 12 as have to return Hertz car i've been using before they close.
[Sat 16th 12:30] Have my new Tesla!!

Looks like it was built end of Dec '23 so was probably on the Morning Carol that arrive earlier this month
All worked out in the end, but shame that Tesla's preferred finance partner couldn't up its game and make it seamless and completely hassle free. The delivery agent wasn't all that surprised.
Charged to 97% and got the 100 supercharger miles.

Reactions: squerble

[Fri 8 Mar] Audi tell me 6mo wait if i order Q4 and no surround cam, just rear cam due to supply shortages, no retrofit or discount
[Sat 9 Mar 10:00] Place order through Tesla App for Model Y AWD, Pearl White, 19", black interior, and tow hitch & approved for finance.
[Tues 12 Mar] Email CA Auto Finance asking about finance agreement to sign as no sign of one yet
[Tues 12 Mar 15:00] Notification i can book collection, offered Fri 15 or Sat 16. Booked Sat 10am due to work on Fri
[Wed 13 Mar 16:00] Get the CA Finance docs through, sign digitally and get copy Thursday morning
[Fri 15th Mar 15:00] Get email notifying 100 free supercharger miles due to SoC of battery in shipping.
[Sat 16th 08:00] Get notification from Southampton delivery that CA haven't uploaded the doc to their portal so can't release the car at 10am!!
Try calling CA, but dept only open Mon-Fri, try another customer service number that does open at 9, but they can't help.
[Sat 16th 09:50] On chat with Tesla, trying to work out next steps and when to reschedule, and theysay the doc has just been upoaded from CA, so can still collect and reschedule for 12 as have to return Hertz car i've been using before they close.

Looks like it was built end of Dec '23 so was probably on the Morning Carol that arrive earlier this month
All worked out in the end, but shame that Tesla's preferred finance partner couldn't up its game and make it seamless and completely hassle free. The delivery agent wasn't all that surprised.
I'm having a very similar experience with CA - I intend to hassle them on the phone from tomorrow morning to get the docs through to Tesla as soon as I can, hopefully within a day or two, to keep my Friday collection.

After reading this I've reached out to tesla to make sure everything is sorted for my delivery next Saturday before I book travel and also switch my insurance. Hopefully hear back soon.

Well I'm glad I made contact with tesla and CA yesterday as everything wasn't rosey. I suspected something might come back and bite me and it did. When I placed my order I almost instantly got linked with a car and this was in the CA docs that I signed. I then put my order on hold for 20 days and was unlinked and then linked to a new car once off hold so the original docs were invalid.
Took a couple of phone calls to sort yesterday but both ends confirmed everything is good to go for my collection Saturday.

Well I'm glad I made contact with tesla and CA yesterday as everything wasn't rosey. I suspected something might come back and bite me and it did. When I placed my order I almost instantly got linked with a car and this was in the CA docs that I signed. I then put my order on hold for 20 days and was unlinked and then linked to a new car once off hold so the original docs were invalid.
Took a couple of phone calls to sort yesterday but both ends confirmed everything is good to go for my collection Saturday.
I'm yet to have my new sets of paperwork from CA for my MY collection which is booked for Friday morning. I fear I'll be on the phone a lot today. Their own emails even state in bold that everything must be done at least 48 hours before collection or it could be delayed - what's the point in having that there if they can't even send me the paperwork to sign in the first place?!

Woke up yesterday to a £200 refund from Tesla, text the Tesla Delivery Advisor to check everything is OK for collection tomorrow and heard nothing back, rang Tesla and their automated call queue couldn't match an order to my phone number nor recognise my order number when typed in. Checked Tesla website and I see my order with a broken image, and clicking it just takes me back to the same page. Checked the app, and the order and collection time are still there, with all the other steps (license etc) now gone.

I'm just assuming all has been completed from CA Auto's side and the car is indeed ready for collection. Train tickets booked and took all the photos of my current car for a Motorway sale - here's hoping I haven't tempted fate :D

EDIT: I tempted fate; just had text from the collection centre that they've not yet had payment! Back on hold with CA I go....

Last edited:
I did check - their initial quotes came in less than £100 apart :)
Going through this process right now and Motorway gave me a higher initial quote and higher reserve price but I listed it for sale on both anyway and Motorway's final offer came in ~£2000 less than their reserve price whereas Carwow was over the reserve price and about ~£2500 more than Motorway. So I'd definitely recommend listing it on both at the same time and then deciding based on final offers - no penalty with either for not selling so no reason not to :)

Reactions: squerble