Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024 Order to Delivery discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a LR today. First time buying a Tesla myself direct, wife has one via a Salary Sacrifice which I have added to my account so I can drive it.

Filling in the details in the app, I cannot do this because on the V5C section it insists that I put in a company. Never picked for it to be a company car when I ordered it.

Called Tesla and they said they sorted it and just to wait 30 minutes but it's not sorted. Goggling this forum I see someone suggesting last year that it's not possible to have a business and private Tesla on the same account. Is that true and how on earth would you deal with that? I get they suggested two accounts but that would be an utter pain trying to drive her car on occasions if I had to log in and out of accounts.

Tell me it ain't so and Tesla guy just screwed up changing this on the phone today.

Morning, I'm trying to pay the deposit but my bank is saying that they do not recognise Tesla? Did anyone else have the same issue?
I think, but don't quote me on it, that Tesla use a weird bank (maybe Citibank) and so the account verification doesn't work.

I think I had the same when ordering both of my Model 3's. I'd just double and triple check that all of the information matches that which has been provided by Tesla.

BTW, With your plate being BG24, I am guessing it is as the collection centre has moved... When I collected from the NEC it started BP, and when I collected from Leicester (National Space Centre in 2021) it was BT. The start of a plate refers to the geography, with B being Birmingham, and G/T/P being the 'Zone' of the Birmingham registration area. More info here

Example Plate:
1714113271241.png

Attachments

• 1714113215609.png
    1714113215609.png
    107.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reactions: the_traveller
Just had an update on the app….

Order date: 16 Apr
M3 RWD Stealth grey/photon

Est. delivery:
26 May - 13July (appeared 24.04.24)
7 Jun - 22 Jun (appeared this morning)

Still no VIN/Licence plate showing as of yet
I'd say the June date looks hopeful. When it goes to a narrower time frame it generally means they have a better idea of when the car is going to be arriving in the UK.

Reactions: the_traveller
I think, but don't quote me on it, that Tesla use a weird bank (maybe Citibank) and so the account verification doesn't work.

I think I had the same when ordering both of my Model 3's. I'd just double and triple check that all of the information matches that which has been provided by Tesla.
Thanks yeah it is Citi. So I've sent a £1 test over as suggested here:

Reactions: Oxid8ter
Thanks yeah it is Citi. So I've sent a £1 test over as suggested here:

Yeah, if you have time on your side it is always good to take your time and be cautious :)

My number plate starts with BG24 - whos is the same??
I've just edited my last post to also reply to this - explaining how it all works. Most people collecting from Longbridge I would think will be BG - though I might be wrong and the second part of the 'Local Memory Tag' is random. Its been a long time since :D

Reactions: benjamin1234
Morning, I'm trying to pay the deposit but my bank is saying that they do not recongise Tesla? Did anyone else have the same issue?
Morning,
I had the same thing yesterday when I paid mine. I spoke to Tesla and they told me it’s normal because the bank they use is overseas and the checking system doesn’t recognise the bank. Make sure you double check the account details and sort code and make sure you add your RN number in the reference field so the payment is linked to your Tesla account. I’m about to make another payment today because my bank only allows £25,000 of transfers a day. I sent a screenshot of the completed transfer screen to the pop@tesla email account they ask you to sent it to. I had an emailed receipt and the money was showing off my balance within 20 mins when I checked back

Mine is MJ24. Vin No has been added today.

Appointment for delivery is scheduled, but there is still no date on the appointment. Order was acknowledged on the 8th January. I'm getting impatient now!
My word, salute to you for the wait! What was your order?

My orders a few reply’s up on this thread. I only order a couple of weeks ago and I’ve had an update on the est. delivery date. Strange you haven’t got an est. date? Have Tesla said anything about this?