Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking of what charging cable to purchase - one with a charge door release button or one without - but haven't been able to find out anywhere if you can open the charge door using the Tesla mobile phone app. Anyone know if its possible and what state does the car need to be in to open it (the charge flap) using the app (locked or unlocked)? Thanks. :cool:

Last edited:
As an alternative to a wrap has anyone tried these type of centre console covers?
s-l1600.jpg

Car Control Console Armrest-box Trim For Tesla Model 3 18-19 Carbon Fiber E4I2 | eBay
They are actually cheaper than many of the wraps and obviously much much easier to fit.
Doubt they look as nice as a good quality well applied wrap but maybe better than a badly applied cheap one?
A bit shiny for my taste as well.

Thinking of what charging cable to purchase - one with a charge door release button or one without - but haven't been able to find out anywhere if you can open the charge door using the Tesla mobile phone app. Anyone know if its possible and what state does the car needs to be in to open it (the charge flap) using the app (locked or unlocked)? Thanks. :cool:
Can just do it from the app, car wakes up when you open the app

Reactions: Keeper
Any suggestions for a tyre sealant/inflation kit? Hopefully won't need one but if you don't carry one you know what will happen! Also any links for a decent bag for charging cable to go in? Thanks

I saw this recommended somewhere, so have bought it awaiting the car to put it in.

Slime CRK0305-IN Smart Tyre Repair Kit - Puncture Repair for Cars and Other Vehicles (Complete Kit)

Reactions: m3gt2
As an alternative to a wrap has anyone tried these type of centre console covers?
s-l1600.jpg

Car Control Console Armrest-box Trim For Tesla Model 3 18-19 Carbon Fiber E4I2 | eBay
They are actually cheaper than many of the wraps and obviously much much easier to fit.
Doubt they look as nice as a good quality well applied wrap but maybe better than a badly applied cheap one?
A bit shiny for my taste as well.
Similar price to the wraps but easier to install.
Be interested if anyone can find a brushed titanium version! :)

Installed Abstract Ocean console wrap and must say it was easy to install, just take your time :)

AO videos are easy to follow and help greatly. Install when cold in car also helps a lot.

Installed while charging this morning ;)

View attachment 456570
Well done @davidmc it looks fab. Mine has been despatched, just waiting for the pigeon to fly across the Atlantic.

Reactions: davidmc
Yep seen that about the Goo. Bought it as an emergency backup if only down the road from a tyre place to get me there. May get a small electric pump soon
I got one of these (from Amazon US when it was on some kind of deal). I had low expectations, but it's actually pretty good, and nowhere near as noisy as the little farty compressors that are included with some cars, instead of the spare wheel. I'm too tight to 'pay for air' from a petrol/gas station, so it's a good option for me, and seems accurate, at least when I fill up to 40psi all around, the car agrees. I keep it in the boot, as I seem to attract nails and screws like a magnet.

Reactions: Roy W. and davidmc
I got one of these (from Amazon US when it was on some kind of deal). I had low expectations, but it's actually pretty good, and nowhere near as noisy as the little farty compressors that are included with some cars, instead of the spare wheel. I'm too tight to 'pay for air' from a petrol/gas station, so it's a good option for me, and seems accurate, at least when I fill up to 40psi all around, the car agrees. I keep it in the boot, as I seem to attract nails and screws like a magnet.
Many thanks, looks like i may get one of these as its battery powered (Do the white gloves come with it!)

How does this work if you've got a nail or screw in the tyre? I thought you'd be up sh1t creek if that happened.o_O

Any suggestions for a tyre sealant/inflation kit? Hopefully won't need one but if you don't carry one you know what will happen! Also any links for a decent bag for charging cable to go in? Thanks
Basically, tyre sealant does not work if the leak in the area with the acoustic foam on the inside - ie most of the tread. And if its not in the tread, then the leak may be in a sidewall which will probably be not fixable either.

• Informative